Notices

Trading suspended @ NYSE

Old 07-08-2015, 09:02 AM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,585
Default Trading suspended @ NYSE

Was there a run on the exchange, are they covering something up, were they hacked?

Or just a simple malfunction?
YFMF is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 09:03 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 829
Default

Russian hackers.....
the_gooch is online now  
Old 07-08-2015, 09:06 AM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hanahan, SC
Posts: 7,920
Default

The exchanges break all the time (though, not quite like this)...it is the new normal.

If you haven't woken up from the slumber you've been in and still have faith in the markets, then it may be time to wipe your eyes and do some stretching.
schoolsout1 is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 09:15 AM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,169
Default

Its a technical glitch that just happens to coincide with some not so great trading in China and a small financial situation in Greece. It also coincides with everyone waitng for the 2PM FOMC minutes.
Avid 24 is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 09:25 AM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hanahan, SC
Posts: 7,920
Default

What happens when you want to turn your "paper" profits into "real" profits and can't?

If you don't hold it in your hand, you might not own it...
schoolsout1 is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 09:42 AM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
spraynet 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sanford, FL
Posts: 7,213
Default

The NYSE, United Airlines, as well as the Wall Sreet Journal all experienced major computer technical malfunctions this morning. Just a cowinkydink!,,,,,, right!
spraynet 1 is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 09:49 AM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: New York, Greatest State in the Union
Posts: 1,137
Default

Have you noticed anything odd going on this morning? Oh yes. Let us be the first to tell you that the time to panic is upon us.

ITEM: The New York City subway system suffered an atrocious commute today, with some trains being inexplicably stranded in stations for long periods of time.

ITEM: The website “The Dissolve” folded today.

ITEM: United Airlines was forced to ground all of its flights after its computer system mysteriously stopped working.

ITEM: The New York Stock Exchange suspended trading today after its computerized trading system mysteriously stopped working.

ITEM: Immediately after, the Wall Street Journal’s website mysteriously stopped working.

ITEM: More than 2,500 people in Washington, DC mysteriously lost power.

It seems our nation’s centers of powers are facing a mysterious and spreading collapse.

Time to head for the bunker?
tcontic is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 09:50 AM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hanahan, SC
Posts: 7,920
Default

Real-time cyber attack map....supposedly. Pretty cool, at the very least

http://map.norsecorp.com/
schoolsout1 is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 10:05 AM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Posts: 2,701
Default

Bilderburgers.
pugnacious3333 is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 10:16 AM
  #10  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
bellsisland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 5,917
Default

zerohedge was down along with I heard jimmy johns cash registers went down?

Lot of things went went off line this morning, something big broke.
bellsisland is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 10:17 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern Lower Michigan
Posts: 2,543
Default

Originally Posted by Avid 24 View Post
Its a technical glitch that just happens to coincide with some not so great trading in China and a small financial situation in Greece. It also coincides with everyone waiting for the 2PM FOMC minutes.
Don't forget the United Airlines system going down at the same time.......

too many coincidences methinks
s_ebels is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 10:19 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,255
Default

Originally Posted by tcontic View Post
Have you noticed anything odd going on this morning? Oh yes. Let us be the first to tell you that the time to panic is upon us.

ITEM: The New York City subway system suffered an atrocious commute today, with some trains being inexplicably stranded in stations for long periods of time.

ITEM: The website “The Dissolve” folded today.

ITEM: United Airlines was forced to ground all of its flights after its computer system mysteriously stopped working.

ITEM: The New York Stock Exchange suspended trading today after its computerized trading system mysteriously stopped working.

ITEM: Immediately after, the Wall Street Journal’s website mysteriously stopped working.

ITEM: More than 2,500 people in Washington, DC mysteriously lost power.

It seems our nation’s centers of powers are facing a mysterious and spreading collapse.

Time to head for the bunker?
Jade Helm!!!!!
ryan darrow is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 10:21 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,807
Default

Sheesh, Y2K hysteria was so 15 years ago.
Jersus is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 10:24 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 8,460
Default

They dissolved The Dissolve? Oh, the humanity!!!

OReely is online now  
Old 07-08-2015, 10:26 AM
  #15  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bass River & Boston
Posts: 2,772
Default

we're still trading- just routing around it.
Tbrodes is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 10:26 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 1,056
Default

I normally take a dump at 10am but I haven't yet, has my ass been hacked by chinese?
I Love Beer is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 10:29 AM
  #17  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
PLEDGERPLEDGERPLEDGERPLEDGER
 
Snapper Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Republic of West Florida - the ORIGINAL lone star state
Posts: 17,777
Default

This is what happens when you take the Dukes of Hazzard off of TV.


Big Al
Snapper Head is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 10:30 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Cape Fear, NC
Posts: 11,488
Default

May just be a test from the perps before the real thing? Their prob readingTHT to see the reaction.
back at it is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 10:32 AM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South East Louisiana
Posts: 10,433
Default

Originally Posted by Tbrodes View Post
we're still trading- just routing around it.
I don't get the panic either, it's not like we had a flash crash or tripped circuit breakers.

business as usual, chinese markets bubble is coming back down to reality and the Greek officials are trying to stay in the EU without letting the Greek People know they really need the Eu more than the EU needs them.
midcap is offline  
Old 07-08-2015, 10:33 AM
  #20  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: South East Louisiana
Posts: 10,433
Default

Originally Posted by schoolsout1 View Post
The exchanges break all the time (though, not quite like this)...it is the new normal.

If you haven't woken up from the slumber you've been in and still have faith in the markets, then it may be time to wipe your eyes and do some stretching.
you know while you are at home Polishing your Gold Bars, bullion and coins, people are actually making money with out the use of Precious metals.
midcap is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread