Notices

Progressive auto ins

Old 06-16-2015, 01:08 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
landfisher99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Deerfield
Posts: 1,404
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default Progressive auto ins

2014 Ford Escape
1993 Acura Integra ( sits in front yard, thinking about pulling tags and putting in storage. will save $70/month)
Age: 26

My rates are increasing 10% for the next 6 months. My rate has dropped 3-4% for the past 5-6 6 month renewals. So I liked that but not the increase. When I asked why the increase..

They tried to blame my credit... a lie... ( it has gone up about 150pts in last 2 years)

Tried to blame a late update on a not at fault accident 2 years ago that totaled my lexus.. lie....

Then they say it is for ALL Florida policies and they would have to explain to the insurance commissioner if they negotiated my premium with me. I know they are full of it.

Anyone else getting the short end of the stick with Progressive?

I guess I will go with them for 6 months but will be looking elsewhere depending on what lies they have at the end of 6 months. I left myself with too little time before I need to pay or find another company.. that could have to do with it as well.

Only thing that changed is I recently registered as Republican! Maybe now they think I am anti-progressive?

This sucks. I wanna go fish.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:23 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Panama City
Posts: 1,061
Likes: 0
Received 172 Likes on 86 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by landfisher99 View Post
My rates are increasing 10% for the next 6 months. My rate has dropped 3-4% for the past 5-6 6 month renewals. So I liked that but not the increase. When I asked why the increase..

They tried to blame my credit... a lie... ( it has gone up about 150pts in last 2 years)

Tried to blame a late update on a not at fault accident 2 years ago that totaled my lexus.. lie....

Then they say it is for ALL Florida policies and they would have to explain to the insurance commissioner if they negotiated my premium with me. I know they are full of it.

.
Progressive is not a bad company IMO - I don't necessarily agree with them politically, but, I don't typically base my business decisions on that. Rather, I base it on value for my dollar.

Having said that, it sounds like you got someone on the phone that does not know what they are talking about. PGR(and pretty much all others) dont run credit reports and Motor Vehicle reports mid-term or at renewal unless something has triggered that to occur. IT COSTS MONEY TO RUN THOSE REPORTS.

However, rates do fluctuate across the board - sometimes PGR will be going down while others are going up and vice-versa. This is probably your explanation.

So, the answer is to SHOP your insurance across numerous carriers and see which one works best for you. Make sure you compare apples-to-apples for a true comparison.

One to try would be Auto-Owners (or one of their subsidiaries).

Have fun shopping!
Old 06-16-2015, 01:25 PM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hanahan, SC
Posts: 8,165
Received 1,497 Likes on 949 Posts
Default

Progressive has always been the cheapest for me...and very easy to deal with (but that's what my agent is for).
Old 06-16-2015, 01:26 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Panama City
Posts: 1,061
Likes: 0
Received 172 Likes on 86 Posts
Default

Oh, and the rep is right, they cannot simply change your rate based on how they or you feel. PGR is an 'admitted' company in FL. This means they have to file all their documents and rate formulas with the state and be approved for them by the state. They cannot deviate from the rates and forms filed or else they will be in violation of state regulations at that point.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:54 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
landfisher99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Deerfield
Posts: 1,404
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Ok... thank you everyone... will renew for 6 months and shop around in interim.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:00 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
landfisher99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Deerfield
Posts: 1,404
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by schoolsout1 View Post
Progressive has always been the cheapest for me...and very easy to deal with (but that's what my agent is for).
I like them too but you live in NC and I live in south Florida where illegal drivers are as common as a mosquito bite..
Old 06-16-2015, 02:02 PM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,535
Received 3,032 Likes on 1,597 Posts
Default

When your rates were dropping did you ask for a full explanation?
I calculate your rates have gone down 25% over the past 3 years based on your story.
You're still way ahead, aren't you?
Old 06-16-2015, 02:02 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: 🌴 ⛵... 🚣....
Posts: 1,258
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Progressive Corp. boosted its advertising spending by nearly $70 million year over year to $595.4 million in 2013, the largest aggregate dollar increase among all U.S. property/casualty insurers, according to an analysis by SNL Financial.

Though Progressive had the biggest dollar amount increase in ad spending in 2013, GEICO spent about twice the amount Progressive did on advertising and the most of any property/casualty carrier.

http://www.insurancejournal.com/news.../03/333757.htm


No way would I ever buy progressive insurance when they spend/waste billions to pound us year after year with these dumbshit tv ads.






Its funny watching people who still have cable sit and watch these ads like deer stuck in headlights when they come on.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:12 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Johnny Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10,969
Likes: 0
Received 94 Likes on 26 Posts
Default

I don't mind Progressive.

I will not however buy from Allstate. They have a well dressed minority, obviously middle class, addressing me via the commercial. I don't like this social agenda that Allstate are pushing on me that we are all equal and integrated. We are not all the same. I hate the way the country is going down the tubes with this PC crap.

Right? Who's with me? Boycott?
Old 06-16-2015, 02:15 PM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Achilles, VA
Posts: 5,420
Likes: 0
Received 1,465 Likes on 629 Posts
Default

How is the Integra costing you $70/month? Lower it to just liability or whatever the FL minimum is. I just have liability on my POS commuter car and it added $10 or $12/month to what I was paying for my truck. I have Progressive.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:17 PM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
PLEDGERPLEDGERPLEDGERPLEDGER
 
Snapper Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Republic of West Florida - the ORIGINAL lone star state
Posts: 17,805
Received 1,070 Likes on 475 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Johnny Dreamer View Post
I don't mind Progressive.

I will not however buy from Allstate. They have a well dressed minority, obviously middle class, addressing me via the commercial. I don't like this social agenda that Allstate are pushing on me that we are all equal and integrated. We are not all the same. I hate the way the country is going down the tubes with this PC crap.

Right? Whose with me? Boycott?
Parenthood already taking a toll???


Big Al
Old 06-16-2015, 02:18 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
landfisher99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Deerfield
Posts: 1,404
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by chrispnet View Post
When your rates were dropping did you ask for a full explanation?
I calculate your rates have gone down 25% over the past 3 years based on your story.
You're still way ahead, aren't you?
Yea but over that time period I crossed the infamous 25yr old mark and I have had no accidents and my credit score has gone up 15%+
Old 06-16-2015, 02:19 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
landfisher99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Deerfield
Posts: 1,404
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Johnny Dreamer View Post
I don't mind Progressive.

I will not however buy from Allstate. They have a well dressed minority, obviously middle class, addressing me via the commercial. I don't like this social agenda that Allstate are pushing on me that we are all equal and integrated. We are not all the same. I hate the way the country is going down the tubes with this PC crap.

Right? Who's with me? Boycott?
The young Girl who crashed into my lexus had allstae and they paid me well for my lexus.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:20 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Johnny Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10,969
Likes: 0
Received 94 Likes on 26 Posts
Default

That's a social engineering ploy to get you to like minorities. You will now associate minorities with being fair and just. PC world gone mad!
Old 06-16-2015, 02:22 PM
  #15  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hanahan, SC
Posts: 8,165
Received 1,497 Likes on 949 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by landfisher99 View Post
I like them too but you live in NC and I live in south Florida where illegal drivers are as common as a mosquito bite..
I'm in SC and live in an area surrounded by illegals...but I've found they are usually pretty good drivers.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:23 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
landfisher99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Deerfield
Posts: 1,404
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Mako 234 View Post
How is the Integra costing you $70/month? Lower it to just liability or whatever the FL minimum is. I just have liability on my POS commuter car and it added $10 or $12/month to what I was paying for my truck. I have Progressive.
I had the integra at the minimum and it was $75/month while my 2014 Escape lease was $180.00. now they want $276.00

The integra doesn't even run, I did an engine swap a 18 month ago but the fouled up tank is wreaking havoc. I need new tank and fuel lines so I want to put it in storage until I am ready to work on it. It is the 4 door version and has $2,000 in suspension alone.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:31 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Suffolk, Va.
Posts: 17,448
Likes: 0
Received 1,996 Likes on 1,017 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jko2004 View Post
Progressive is not a bad company IMO - I don't necessarily agree with them politically, but, I don't typically base my business decisions on that. Rather, I base it on value for my dollar.

Having said that, it sounds like you got someone on the phone that does not know what they are talking about. PGR(and pretty much all others) dont run credit reports and Motor Vehicle reports mid-term or at renewal unless something has triggered that to occur. IT COSTS MONEY TO RUN THOSE REPORTS.

However, rates do fluctuate across the board - sometimes PGR will be going down while others are going up and vice-versa. This is probably your explanation.

So, the answer is to SHOP your insurance across numerous carriers and see which one works best for you. Make sure you compare apples-to-apples for a true comparison.

One to try would be Auto-Owners (or one of their subsidiaries).

Have fun shopping!
I know in the state of Virginia the insurance company has to run credit every three years on their customers. Mandated by the great commissioner of insurance.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:35 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
landfisher99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Deerfield
Posts: 1,404
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by fishingfun View Post
I know in the state of Virginia the insurance company has to run credit every three years on their customers. Mandated by the great commissioner of insurance.
well 3 years ago I was around 760 @23 then I took a big dip and now working my way back up the ladder.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:37 PM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,535
Received 3,032 Likes on 1,597 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Johnny Dreamer View Post
I don't mind Progressive.

I will not however buy from Allstate. They have a well dressed minority, obviously middle class, addressing me via the commercial. I don't like this social agenda that Allstate are pushing on me that we are all equal and integrated. We are not all the same. I hate the way the country is going down the tubes with this PC crap.

Right? Who's with me? Boycott?
...errr....I guess I'm with you JD...you sure about this one?
Old 06-16-2015, 02:44 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Johnny Dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 10,969
Likes: 0
Received 94 Likes on 26 Posts
Default

Not sure Chrispy...I think my logic is sound. I see a company using someone who isn't just like me and so I get offended at their "agenda"...right?

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.