Notices

Tattoo Removal

Old 04-09-2015, 11:07 AM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,338
Received 991 Likes on 536 Posts
Default Tattoo Removal

A friend of mine has a tattoo they would like to have removed. Anyone have any experience with this? Figured I'd toss it out to you guys. No, it's not mine.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:10 AM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Brevard County Florida
Posts: 931
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

I know nothing about it, However I wish I could invest in it, I'd bet its very big business in the near future.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:11 AM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Dead Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: OIB
Posts: 4,810
Received 620 Likes on 301 Posts
Default

where is said tattoo located--??

male or female-??

if female -we need pics--
Old 04-09-2015, 11:11 AM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Garett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 24,368
Likes: 0
Received 1,093 Likes on 609 Posts
Default

It is far cheaper to tat it into something else.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:14 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Oak Island, NC
Posts: 256
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Garett View Post
It is far cheaper to tat it into something else.
^^this.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:32 AM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Houston/Sargent, Texas
Posts: 5,404
Likes: 0
Received 733 Likes on 380 Posts
Default

Don't know much about it other than someone I know had one removed. Takes multiple treatments, Its painful and expensive. I think hers took 5 treatments.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:41 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 2,084
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Had one removed from my younger and dumber days. Four laser treatments took care of it. It wasn't in a noticeable place, but would've been awkward trying to explain that to my sons when they got older. IIRC, it was $150 per visit...best ~600 or so I spent. Didn't hurt much, more of a burning or irritating sensation.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:48 AM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lewes, DE
Posts: 10,679
Received 2,880 Likes on 1,521 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bubblejunkie View Post
I know nothing about it, However I wish I could invest in it, I'd bet its very big business in the near future.
Couldn't disagree more as tattoos are becoming more universally accepted and commonplace.

As for the removal, from what I understand there are newer technologies.

Not sure how it works, but I know they have topical removal creams now. One, I believe, was called something like "tattoo bomb"
Old 04-09-2015, 11:48 AM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,338
Received 991 Likes on 536 Posts
Default

It's for the woman I'm seeing. No pics guys. It's on her lower back but not a tramp stamp. Had the first laser session this morning. Looked pretty painful.

Glad to hear it was only 4-6 treatments for some of you guys. How far apart were the treatments.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:03 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 2,084
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

A month apart or so. How many treatments vary depending on how deep the ink and tattoo artist goes with it.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:13 PM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Boston
Posts: 4,149
Likes: 0
Received 397 Likes on 253 Posts
Default

I have a buddy that is a plastic surgeon. The light colors yellow, orange etc are much harder to do and will take more visits. Not cheap and done by laser today.

He had a guy come in with a black chain tat that went around his entire neck. The guy says, I need this taken off. The doc says, no prob it will take a few sessions but it can be done and will look good when completed. The guys says, no I need it done today. I enlisted in the Marines and it needs to be gone before I go in. Needless to say, the doc cuts the whole thing out and sewed him up. He said he looked like a guy that had his head cut off and then reattached.

Tats - just stay the fook away from them.....
Old 04-09-2015, 12:18 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 798
Likes: 0
Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

Old 04-09-2015, 12:30 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 7,530
Received 284 Likes on 200 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bubblejunkie View Post
I know nothing about it, However I wish I could invest in it, I'd bet its very big business in the near future.
would be a great and up and coming business
Old 04-09-2015, 12:38 PM
  #14  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
240 LTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Upper Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 21,730
Received 3,034 Likes on 1,305 Posts
Default

This?

And it was such a good idea at the time.....so they thought.


.
Old 04-09-2015, 01:27 PM
  #15  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Brevard County Florida
Posts: 931
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TorFed View Post
Couldn't disagree more as tattoos are becoming more universally accepted and commonplace.

As for the removal, from what I understand there are newer technologies.

Not sure how it works, but I know they have topical removal creams now. One, I believe, was called something like "tattoo bomb"
To me it has nothing to do with common and accepted, it has to do with people saying WTF was I thinking, people change, ink kinda permanent
Old 04-09-2015, 02:11 PM
  #16  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: massachusetts
Posts: 10,591
Received 2,995 Likes on 1,694 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bubblejunkie View Post
To me it has nothing to do with common and accepted, it has to do with people saying WTF was I thinking, people change, ink kinda permanent
I agree, this fad will end and there will be countless people looking to have these things removed. The more of them I see the more I become convinced this is going to be a booming business in the next 10 -15 years. Especially if someone comes up with a reasonably painless, reasonably inexpensive way to do this.
I'd invest In a new and promising removal technology.
Old 04-09-2015, 02:49 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Too far from salt.
Posts: 10,110
Likes: 0
Received 1,112 Likes on 574 Posts
Default

Couldn't disagree more as tattoos are becoming more universally accepted and commonplace.
Google "Tattoo removal", business is booming. It may not be case of "non-acceptance" but rather where it was put or the poor quality. I have seen some really crappy ink and some put in the dumbest places.

Last edited by DFreedom; 04-09-2015 at 04:24 PM.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:23 PM
  #18  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lewes, DE
Posts: 10,679
Received 2,880 Likes on 1,521 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dannyroche View Post
I have a buddy that is a plastic surgeon. The light colors yellow, orange etc are much harder to do and will take more visits. Not cheap and done by laser today.

He had a guy come in with a black chain tat that went around his entire neck. The guy says, I need this taken off. The doc says, no prob it will take a few sessions but it can be done and will look good when completed. The guys says, no I need it done today. I enlisted in the Marines and it needs to be gone before I go in. Needless to say, the doc cuts the whole thing out and sewed him up. He said he looked like a guy that had his head cut off and then reattached.

Tats - just stay the fook away from them.....
Calling massive amounts of BS on this.

That would be a complicated procedure given the location. You can't just 'wing it' with no advanced notice whatsoever for a walk in.
Old 04-09-2015, 04:25 PM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lewes, DE
Posts: 10,679
Received 2,880 Likes on 1,521 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DFreedom View Post
Google "Tattoo removal", business is booming. It may not be case of "non-acceptance" but rather wheer it was put or the poor quality. I have seen some really crappy ink and some put in the dumbest places.
I know at least a hundred people with tattoos, more than likely a few hundred. Everywhere from mechanics to Wall Street higher ups. Don't know a single person to ever get one removed.;?
Old 04-09-2015, 04:27 PM
  #20  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Brevard County Florida
Posts: 931
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TorFed View Post
I know at least a hundred people with tattoos, more than likely a few hundred. Everywhere from mechanics to Wall Street higher ups. Don't know a single person to ever get one removed.;?
That you know of. I know at least 3 people that have had them removed, and a few that wish they could

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.