The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum (https://www.thehulltruth.com/index.php)
-   Dockside Chat (https://www.thehulltruth.com/dockside-chat-18/)
-   -   Will the trend towards a police state ever reverse ? (https://www.thehulltruth.com/dockside-chat/652825-will-trend-towards-police-state-ever-reverse.html)

Iliveonboat 02-20-2015 02:28 PM

Will the trend towards a police state ever reverse ?
 
I though of this topic wile looking for images about metal detectors in schools for that other thread about pocket knives for kids and there are alot of web pages calling America a police state.

I see the same sentiment on the comment section of news stories and Youtube videos all the time. And in this forum too.


Will this trend ever reverse or level off ?

YFMF 02-20-2015 02:30 PM

Everything ends at some point, question is, will the cure be worse than the cancer?

ndb8fxe 02-20-2015 02:30 PM

Not until the revolution.

Viceroy 02-20-2015 02:31 PM

No. Too many people love the police so much, that is they lived in 1776, they'd let them walk in with the red coats on, and give them room and board.

ol guide 02-20-2015 02:32 PM


Originally Posted by Viceroy (Post 7585920)
No. Too many people love the police so much, that is they lived in 1776, they'd let them walk in with the red coats on, and give them room and board.

can you translate that into english?

AngryClams 02-20-2015 02:34 PM


Originally Posted by Viceroy (Post 7585920)
No. Too many people love the police so much, that is they lived in 1776, they'd let them walk in with the red coats on, and give them room and board.

Yes it's cold in NY! :thumbsup:

Viceroy 02-20-2015 02:37 PM


Originally Posted by ol guide (Post 7585934)
google:..forming a complete thought in a sentence or paragraph

"I don't give a shit."

Does that pass your test?

Or is it more proper to say, "A shit, I do not give"?

No no, it's definitely, "A shit, is the feeling which I do not give."

A_Frayed_Knot 02-20-2015 02:43 PM


Originally Posted by Viceroy (Post 7585920)
No. Too many people love the police so much, that is they lived in 1776, they'd let them walk in with the red coats on, and give them room and board.

Uhh that's not the history I remember. Have you forgotten about the revolutionary war?

We didn't exactly welcome them in now did we?

SEATOAD 02-20-2015 02:50 PM

My opinion? Its only going to get worse because half the population is getting dumber.

aubv 02-20-2015 02:53 PM

What's that old axiom, to a man with a hammer everything is a nail. :roll

Esuomm1 02-20-2015 02:54 PM

What do you want to do that you can't do now?

Iliveonboat 02-20-2015 03:03 PM


Originally Posted by Esuomm1 (Post 7585988)
What do you want to do that you can't do now?

That's interesting cause I asked myself that too.

Nothing really but if I had to do my teens and early 20s over there would be a problem.

It's just the whole we will crush you zero tolerance attitude about everything these days.

Opening my mailbox finding a photo of my car with a state extortion notice.

and its ugly to look at too.

http://www.accuproav.com/files/Quick...cCameras-6.jpg

Rival1 02-20-2015 03:03 PM


Originally Posted by Esuomm1 (Post 7585988)
What do you want to do that you can't do now?

Own and carry a gun without having to explain myself.

Iliveonboat 02-20-2015 03:07 PM


Originally Posted by Esuomm1 (Post 7585988)
What do you want to do that you can't do now?

Get a ticket with out that whole passenger ID and car search thing because I have acne scars and look like a possible drug user. And hope I don't get shot getting my wallet out.

Esuomm1 02-20-2015 03:08 PM


Originally Posted by Rival1 (Post 7586023)
Own and carry a gun without having to explain myself.

I hear you but to me, I don't mind having to explain myself a bit or jump through some hoops if I want to buy one legally.

I also wouldn't want what you propose, allowing anyone to carry and buy anything (not to derail). I am happy that not everyone can.

If it really irked me, I could just move to a state that was less restrictive, but it's a balance, as is most things.

Iliveonboat 02-20-2015 03:09 PM


Originally Posted by Esuomm1 (Post 7585988)
What do you want to do that you can't do now?

Throw a line in the water without state permission or prove I have it.

Esuomm1 02-20-2015 03:12 PM


Originally Posted by Iliveonboat (Post 7586022)
That's interesting cause I asked myself that too.

Nothing really but if I had to do my teens and early 20s over there would be a problem.

It's just the whole we will crush you zero tolerance attitude about everything these days.

Opening my mailbox finding a photo of my car with a state extortion notice.

and its ugly to look at too.

http://www.accuproav.com/files/Quick...cCameras-6.jpg

That's a great pic. Orwellian.

Esuomm1 02-20-2015 03:13 PM


Originally Posted by Iliveonboat (Post 7586048)
Throw a line in the water without state permission or prove I have it.

Oh, well if you're considering that tiny tax a police state, you're not going to like your future.

ol guide 02-20-2015 03:14 PM


Originally Posted by Esuomm1 (Post 7586053)
That's a great pic. Orwellian.

And there in lies the rub!

Iliveonboat 02-20-2015 03:15 PM


Originally Posted by Esuomm1 (Post 7586060)
Oh, well if you're considering that tiny tax a police state, you're not going to like your future.


That is not a tax, its a phony reason to run up on you and check papers.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.9.3.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.