Notices

Hands up dont shoot

Old 12-23-2014, 12:59 PM
  #41  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: AL
Posts: 4,624
Received 845 Likes on 454 Posts
Default

So, how do we know this guy wasn't at the range enough. He fumbles with his mag and is slow to reload? Looks to me that he put an adequate number of bullets into the target.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:04 PM
  #42  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Far Far Away
Posts: 5,177
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by airedog View Post
Dude, you just got spanked!!!


Hahahahaha
Do you shoot your "Call of Duty" special addition AR at his range?
Old 12-23-2014, 01:07 PM
  #43  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 11,401
Received 2,532 Likes on 1,209 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by parker23dvsc View Post
The answer to your stupid reply is I have more faith and trust in someone you actually lives and breathes the job then a guy that makes money selling or renting equipment. You are not on the streets or in the field according to your own admissions so you are in no way a expert nor should you critique others who are. Your just a target puncher.
Cause the guy that lives and breaths law enforcement is the only expert on law enforcement and everyone else is stupid?
If you're a cop I bet you're a real joy for any stupid civilian to have to deal with.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:20 PM
  #44  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Far Far Away
Posts: 5,177
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BlueRudy View Post
Cause the guy that lives and breaths law enforcement is the only expert on law enforcement and everyone else is stupid?
If you're a cop I bet you're a real joy for any stupid civilian to have to deal with.
I was answering in his terms of saying cops sitting on their ass eating donuts. And I do believe a person that works in the field is a better expert in that field then a Monday morning QB. By the way a Police officer is a civilian so your "stupid civilian" comment is stupid. Nice try
Old 12-23-2014, 01:33 PM
  #45  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 11,401
Received 2,532 Likes on 1,209 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by parker23dvsc View Post
I was answering in his terms of saying cops sitting on their ass eating donuts. And I do believe a person that works in the field is a better expert in that field then a Monday morning QB. By the way a Police officer is a civilian so your "stupid civilian" comment is stupid. Nice try
You may wanna double check the definition of civilian....
Old 12-23-2014, 01:33 PM
  #46  
Senior Member
 
Turtle9343's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,571
Likes: 0
Received 1,693 Likes on 899 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by parker23dvsc View Post
By the way a Police officer is a civilian so your "stupid civilian" comment is stupid. Nice try
I don't have a horse in this race, but the English language disagrees with you on this point.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/civilian
Old 12-23-2014, 01:40 PM
  #47  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Buies Creek, NC
Posts: 4,932
Likes: 0
Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts
Default

Merry Christmas everybody!!
Old 12-23-2014, 01:43 PM
  #48  
Senior Member
 
atcfris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 11,979
Likes: 0
Received 585 Likes on 230 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dpcarson View Post
Merry Christmas everybody!!
Screw you.



Old 12-23-2014, 01:46 PM
  #49  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 11,401
Received 2,532 Likes on 1,209 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by parker23dvsc View Post
I was answering in his terms of saying cops sitting on their ass eating donuts. And I do believe a person that works in the field is a better expert in that field then a Monday morning QB. By the way a Police officer is a civilian so your "stupid civilian" comment is stupid. Nice try
Originally Posted by BlueRudy View Post
You may wanna double check the definition of civilian....
Let me know when you've checked your dictionary because one of us is in fact stupid I'm just waiting for you to figure out which one
Old 12-23-2014, 01:47 PM
  #50  
Senior Member
 
HarleyFLHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The great State of NC
Posts: 10,453
Likes: 0
Received 1,577 Likes on 725 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BlueRudy View Post
Let me know when you've checked your dictionary because one of us is in fact stupid I'm just waiting for you to figure out which one
I missed you during my vacation Rudy.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:49 PM
  #51  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Far Far Away
Posts: 5,177
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BlueRudy View Post
You may wanna double check the definition of civilian....
Okay let's get past the semantics.
Is a guy that flys model airplanes a better pilot then a Commercial pilot!?
Is a guy that been to the dentist 30x able to out perform a oral Surgeon?
How can you say a professional in a field is not a better expert then someone who does not work in the field.

By the way Blue I am not a cop
Old 12-23-2014, 01:49 PM
  #52  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 5,058
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by HarleyFLHP View Post
First off, you have zero knowledge of what's its like to be in a shooting. I have been there and can tell you don't know what the hell you are talking about. I have been to the range too many times to count and not once, did the target shoot back. I have had lead thrown at me and can tell you it is an eye opening experience, something you don't know a thing about. I love when guys like you Monday morning quarterback and criticize. Lets hope you never have to put that extensive knowledge you possess to the test and have some stooge on a website second guess you.
No, I don't have any knowledge what it is like to be in a shooting. You are correct. I do know that anyone with consistent training has much better odds to survive than one who has minimal training. I also have four people on my staff that were ex-operators who have been in shootings. One ex-seal, 2 ex-rangers, and 1 ex-green beret. They have all been in shootings and they all constantly tell people how important constant training is in order their skills at peak level. They all still consistently train to keep their skills up. So excuse me if I listen to them and take their knowledge and advice and that of other ex or current operators we have that train at our facility over an ex Florida Highway Patrol otherwise known as AAA With a Gun.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:50 PM
  #53  
Senior Member
 
Turtle9343's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,571
Likes: 0
Received 1,693 Likes on 899 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BlueRudy View Post
Let me know when you've checked your dictionary because one of us is in fact stupid I'm just waiting for you to figure out which one
Old 12-23-2014, 01:51 PM
  #54  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 11,401
Received 2,532 Likes on 1,209 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by parker23dvsc View Post
Okay let's get past the semantics.
Is a guy that flys model airplanes a better pilot then a Commercial pilot!?
Is a guy that been to the dentist 30x able to out perform a oral Surgeon?
How can you say a professional in a field is not a better expert then someone who does not work in the field.

By the way Blue I am not a cop
I didn't think so. The entrance exam is pretty hard.
Old 12-23-2014, 01:52 PM
  #55  
Senior Member
 
Turtle9343's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 3,571
Likes: 0
Received 1,693 Likes on 899 Posts
Default

Hahaha, Blue Rudy, you should change your name to "butter", cause you're on a roll!
Old 12-23-2014, 01:53 PM
  #56  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Buies Creek, NC
Posts: 4,932
Likes: 0
Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by atcfris View Post
Screw you.



Asshole, but you know it don't you?
Old 12-23-2014, 01:54 PM
  #57  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Far Far Away
Posts: 5,177
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BlueRudy View Post
I didn't think so. The entrance exam is pretty hard.
Have you moved on in life since not making it?
Old 12-23-2014, 01:55 PM
  #58  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Far Far Away
Posts: 5,177
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sudden Strike Fishing View Post
No, I don't have any knowledge what it is like to be in a shooting. You are correct. I do know that anyone with consistent training has much better odds to survive than one who has minimal training. I also have four people on my staff that were ex-operators who have been in shootings. One ex-seal, 2 ex-rangers, and 1 ex-green beret. They have all been in shootings and they all constantly tell people how important constant training is in order their skills at peak level. They all still consistently train to keep their skills up. So excuse me if I listen to them and take their knowledge and advice and that of other ex or current operators we have that train at our facility over an ex Florida Highway Patrol otherwise known as AAA With a Gun.
So you speak in hearsay?
Old 12-23-2014, 01:55 PM
  #59  
Senior Member
 
atcfris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 11,979
Likes: 0
Received 585 Likes on 230 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dpcarson View Post
Asshole, but you know it don't you?
Old 12-23-2014, 01:55 PM
  #60  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,893
Likes: 0
Received 447 Likes on 184 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Sudden Strike Fishing View Post
No, agencies with small limited training budgets use paintball as well as those that want to train more often. So genius why don't you tell everyone the big difference in training with paintball than sims? Not a whole lot other than recoil and the feeling when you get hit. They can do the same basic functions with paintball as sims. And while your at it how many cops have had lead coming at them EVER? An extreme very few so I guess they don't know shit either. And while you and those of you are actually out there may think our opinions don't count for squat those of US that pay your salary think your opinion counts for squat and would like you and those of you who are actually out there to be able to handle yourselves in actual situations that may turn into a shooting scenario. That is why WE are paying you after all. And if you don't think any cop or military person that may come into a shooting scenario can benefit from ongoing training you are a fool.
I never said anything about not training. I was commenting on an armchair quarterback that thinks he has a clue. He dropped the mag while reloading, instead of bending over trying to find it he grabs another mag so he isnt sitting there with an empty weapon. Just like hes trained to. Could his reload have been better? Sure couldve, but let me see you do it in a gunfight. Freaking couch commandos think you have any idea because you do your little run and gun bullshit in a controlled area.
Let me give you a bit of a clue. His heart rate has already started to climb during the pursuit. Its normal. He thinks he most likely has a bailout coming as hes getting out of the car, all the sudden the shitbag starts shooting, your already elevated heart rate goes through the roof and adrenaline starts dumping into your body like youve never experienced before. When that happens fine motor skills go out the window. Doing something as simple as grabbing a fresh magazine all the sudden becomes a little more complicated. Anybody that thinks the little pathetic training runs you do at your shooting range are going to prepare you for this is freaking moron. Im not a patrol cop we work with a little different clientele. We have to be ready to deal with active shooter scenarios everyday and even the training we do doesnt fully prepare you for the real thing. Like i said until youve actually been there, shut the hell up youve already shown who the fool is.

Last edited by nautiduck; 12-23-2014 at 02:25 PM.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.