Notices

BOE banned?

Old 11-12-2014, 04:40 PM
  #301  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: South, FL
Posts: 7,335
Default

Originally Posted by TorFed View Post
Be careful, we got warnings last time similar statements were made on a thread.


Prepared for the ban hammer?
yup

looks like the upvotes on my ask jim question confirm my suspicion of evil
Leeroyjenkins is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 04:46 PM
  #302  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Out in the sticks
Posts: 223
Default

Originally Posted by DJWILLIAMS View Post
Are you a lawyer?

Wingless is just pizzed at Jim for lifetime banning from CSR.
way557 is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 04:48 PM
  #303  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Murrells Inlet, SC
Posts: 547
Default

Hope they are gone, they treated me like trash on the phone Said they wouldn,t and couldn,t match a price I found on autopilot parts on the net. Told me to buy it elsewhere. Guys name I think was Tom. Real ass hle. Bought my Teleflex parts for 30% less than BOE quoted. Good bye BOE I saved all the private emails and PM's from BOE if nobody believes me.
Captain Swag is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 04:50 PM
  #304  
Senior Member
 
DJWILLIAMS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eastern, NC
Posts: 5,124
Default

Originally Posted by Captain Swag View Post
Hope they are gone, they treated me like trash on the phone Said they wouldn,t and couldn,t match a price I found on autopilot parts on the net. Told me to buy it elsewhere. Guys name I think was Tom. Real ass hle. Bought my Teleflex parts for 30% less than BOE quoted. Good bye BOE
Ok... Thanks for stopping by!
DJWILLIAMS is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 04:52 PM
  #305  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: southeast, PA
Posts: 1,369
Default

Originally Posted by Captain Swag View Post
Hope they are gone, they treated me like trash on the phone Said they wouldn,t and couldn,t match a price I found on autopilot parts on the net. Told me to buy it elsewhere. Guys name I think was Tom. Real ass hle. Bought my Teleflex parts for 30% less than BOE quoted. Good bye BOE
So you don't like them because they had a listed price and you said you could buy it cheaper someplace else and they said to buy it from this someplace else because they couldn't match his price?
chad13 is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 04:53 PM
  #306  
Senior Member
THT sponsor
 
Parker Yacht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Posts: 7,458
Default

Originally Posted by DJWILLIAMS View Post
Ok... Thanks for stopping by!
That's funny!
So, we hold it against a man if he doesn't want to match someone else's internet price?
Priceless!!
Parker Yacht is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 04:56 PM
  #307  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lewes, DE
Posts: 10,299
Default

Originally Posted by wingless View Post

The forum rules also prohibits open arguing w/ moderators and administrators. The Whiny Baby complaining violates those rules, because the rules do not restrict those juvenile complaints to THT postings.
I believe the whiny baby was in reference to semperfishing, not the mods.

However, what Bedbagger said is interesting, in timing with what is going on. Hear me out, this is maybe the whiskey talking. Bedbagger is in a build. Current perception is it is possible semperfishing tried to get Jim banned. Bedbagger comes on trashing the banned member's reputation, a direct competitor to semperfishing, mid build. It may be the whiskey talking, but, quid-pro-quo?
TorFed is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 04:59 PM
  #308  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Fish'nFool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Anywhere but here...
Posts: 24,719
Default

Originally Posted by Badbagger View Post
I am going to add one single comment to this. I was personally the recipient of a PM sent by Jim to me that was absolutely vile and deplorable and directed at another vendor who is not a part of this discussion. The intent was very clear which was to do anything and everything possible to discredit and cause financial harm to this vendor and this PM was at least 6 paragraphs long.

To say the least, extremely unprofessional. He felt the NEED to attempt to destroy the credibility of this vendor while telling how wonderful he is and how long he has been here. He failed miserably. I am of the opinion that he will do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING to get a sale no matter what. There are many more instances which I will not go in to.

His PM would be something a sociopath would write. Sociopath:

noun, Psychiatry.
1.
a person with a psychopathic personality whose behavior is antisocial, often criminal, and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

If you were to look in the DSM IV and DSM V under the criteria for sociopathic behavior you would most likely agree and if you REALLY want to learn more then go here:

http://www.md-health.com/Sociopath-Traits.html


Carry on.. and hey how about those Dallas Cowboys ?


Originally Posted by yachtjim View Post
Oh, and Mr Badbagger, will you please post the PM I sent to you in it's entirety? Me and the mods have a copy so please do not try to edit it. That would not be in good taste. Please also link to your post asking me the question that I was answering, just to be fair and keep things in context. Thank you so much Mr. Badbagger.
So how bout it Mr Bagger?
Fish'nFool is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 04:59 PM
  #309  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,667
Default

Originally Posted by Captain Swag View Post
Hope they are gone, they treated me like trash on the phone Said they wouldn,t and couldn,t match a price I found on autopilot parts on the net. Told me to buy it elsewhere. Guys name I think was Tom. Real ass hle. Bought my Teleflex parts for 30% less than BOE quoted. Good bye BOE I saved all the private emails and PM's from BOE if nobody believes me.
What exactly is your complaint?
A_Frayed_Knot is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 05:00 PM
  #310  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sarasota area
Posts: 3,253
Default

Originally Posted by TorFed View Post
I believe the whiny baby was in reference to semperfishing, not the mods.

However, what Bedbagger said is interesting, in timing with what is going on. Hear me out, this is maybe the whiskey talking. Bedbagger is in a build. Current perception is it is possible semperfishing tried to get Jim banned. Bedbagger comes on trashing the banned member's reputation, a direct competitor to semperfishing, mid build. It may be the whiskey talking, but, quid-pro-quo?
I've got a bottle of 4 roses or something, some new whiskey that was on sale at the local proprietor's shop. Pretty decent especially given the price!
chimmike is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 05:03 PM
  #311  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Key West
Posts: 11,809
Default

Originally Posted by DJWILLIAMS View Post
My questions are, why is semper allowed to have multiple people post on his account and get away with it? That is suppose to be a big Nono.

And why was Jim banned when Brian sent the PM.

David
Those are questions that I don't have the answers to, only the mods can accurately explain that. However, I'm not sure I see the validity in the "multiple user" thing. Has it been stated that the "other user", not Gil, is the one answering the PM's? or has it only been said that the "other user" reads the PM's? If I tell my girlfriend to open my computer and read me the last PM from Parker Yacht and after hearing her read it to me I then formulate my response in my head and either type it myself or dictate it to her so she can type it, is that a violation? It's still ME answering the questions or posting my ideas, regardless of whose eyes actually first see the PM or whose fingers tap the keys. If I publish an autobiography, but have someone type out my words as I say them, is it not still my own story?

Originally Posted by chimmike View Post
well, it is BOE's site and they can do anything they want on it separate from here, can they not? Since they have no way of posting their side of the story here for 30 days, I'd say they have a right to address the issue as they see fit.

IF you post something disparaging about THT on another message board, should they ban you from here because of it?
Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say that they should be banned for something said on another website, but I do feel that regardless of what site it is written on, even if their own, it is in poor taste for a "businessman" who should maintain an air of professionalism when dealing with issues. You and I can respond to morons however we see fit because we are just random users of this site. But I can guarantee you that if I were attempting to create a customer base and maintain loyalty, I'd be extremely careful about what I say, on any site. As someone else mentioned already, there are quite a few businesses on THT that I have sworn off based on various comments. When you're trying to get me to purchase something from you, but then I see you being rude, arrogant, condescending, angrily defensive, or what have you to other customers, then I most likely will look elsewhere to spend my money.

Just because it is BOE's site doesn't make his response any more professional or tasteful or mature. Sure, he can do whatever he wants on his site, just like IB can do whatever they want on THT because it is their site.
coores14 is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 05:04 PM
  #312  
Senior Member
 
DJWILLIAMS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eastern, NC
Posts: 5,124
Default

Originally Posted by Parker Yacht View Post
That's funny! So, we hold it against a man if he doesn't want to match someone else's internet price? Priceless!!
I deal with that on home audio... No I cannot match that price... Hey did you notice that the manufacturer will not honor you "warranty" if bought from a unauthorized vendor...

DJWILLIAMS is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 05:05 PM
  #313  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sarasota area
Posts: 3,253
Default

Originally Posted by coores14 View Post
Just because it is BOE's site doesn't make his response any more professional or tasteful or mature. Sure, he can do whatever he wants on his site, just like IB can do whatever they want on THT because it is their site.
Not saying I disagree. Most vendors would take the high road and not respond as BOE has........but it's BOE's right to get their version out there. We all know in 30 days when they're allowed back on, this will all have been forgotten and a lot of minds may have been soured by a 1-sided version.
chimmike is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 05:10 PM
  #314  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Key West
Posts: 11,809
Default

Originally Posted by TorFed View Post
You sound like me. I often get the better of myself. Bourbon in commonly involved. Unless it is summer. Then it is rum.

I don't agree in any penalties for any behavior occurring off of THT. Once that door is opened, well, hell...

no, you're right. I guess I should have clarified. I don't truly feel that he should get banned even more based on what is said off of this site. I guess what I was agreeing with is the sentiment that BOE's response on his own site was less than mature. It's relatively safe to assume that if he had the ability to post on THT right now he would've typed a response quite similar to the whiny baby thing on his own site. In that case, yeah, add to the ban.
coores14 is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 05:22 PM
  #315  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Key West
Posts: 11,809
Default

should've posted this about ten pages ago. I'm slipping in my old age...

coores14 is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 05:23 PM
  #316  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lewes, DE
Posts: 10,299
Default

Originally Posted by coores14 View Post
should've posted this about ten pages ago. I'm slipping in my old age...

Or maybe Ronn is...
TorFed is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 05:24 PM
  #317  
Senior Member
 
DJWILLIAMS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eastern, NC
Posts: 5,124
Default

Originally Posted by coores14 View Post
should've posted this about ten pages ago. I'm slipping in my old age...
He was one of the "founding" sponsors here, and how many times has he been banned??

There is too much BS tied to this, hopefully it will get sorted out..

David
DJWILLIAMS is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 05:27 PM
  #318  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Clayton/NC Coast
Posts: 2,917
Default

Originally Posted by Captain Swag View Post
Hope they are gone, they treated me like trash on the phone Said they wouldn,t and couldn,t match a price I found on autopilot parts on the net. Told me to buy it elsewhere. Guys name I think was Tom. Real ass hle. Bought my Teleflex parts for 30% less than BOE quoted. Good bye BOE I saved all the private emails and PM's from BOE if nobody believes me.
Let me guess. You found a lower price on the internet, say an unauthorized dealer maybe? Yep, I don't match those prices either!
budbrande is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 05:28 PM
  #319  
Senior Member
 
DJWILLIAMS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eastern, NC
Posts: 5,124
Default

Originally Posted by budbrande View Post
Let me guess. You found a lower price on the internet, say an unauthorized dealer maybe? Yep, I don't match those prices either!
Yup!! I hope it breaks too! Lol
DJWILLIAMS is offline  
Old 11-12-2014, 05:31 PM
  #320  
Senior Member
 
DJWILLIAMS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eastern, NC
Posts: 5,124
Default

Originally Posted by budbrande View Post
Let me guess. You found a lower price on the internet, say an unauthorized dealer maybe? Yep, I don't match those prices either!

I have "almost" got stuck on a few TV warranty repairs when I submitted the proof of purchase and the manufacturer rejected the claim due to being purchased from a unauthorized vendor... Luckily these were stand up companies that paid the claim bc we had a good relationship. They blacklisted the serial number though...

David
DJWILLIAMS is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread