Notices

Justice?

Old 10-17-2014, 11:02 AM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Brevard County Florida
Posts: 928
Question Justice?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story/...ning/17401685/
bubblejunkie is offline  
Old 10-17-2014, 11:44 AM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 11,176
Default

I have a hard time with the 1st Degree conviction.
He didn't plan to kill that kid or anybody else that night. Do you go around pulling and firing on every smart ass kid you encounter? Absolutely not.
Did Dunn think they may have a weapon in their SUV? He says so.

Three things that are crystal clear looking back:
Had those kids in that SUV been a bit more courteous and not blaring their music they may have never encountered Dunn.
Dunn pretty much signed his own conviction by leaving the seen.
And last if you run around F'n with people sooner or later you will run into someone you should not have F'd with.
BlueRudy is offline  
Old 10-17-2014, 12:02 PM
  #3  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Brevard County Florida
Posts: 928
Default

Unfortunately I think your last sentence worked both ways he will always wish he didn't fuck with that dead kid...I really haven't followed much of the case but I've grown tired of the I was defending myself after I started the fight nonsense...
bubblejunkie is offline  
Old 10-17-2014, 12:09 PM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 11,176
Default

Are you familiar with Jacksonville?
There are some areas where the thugs can be pretty in your face.

I'm all for minding my own business however that doesnt mean I'm gonna take schit off every nefarious character I encounter.
BlueRudy is offline  
Old 10-17-2014, 12:17 PM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Brevard County Florida
Posts: 928
Default

I'm familiar, and I don't take shit, nor do I start any no matter the region.
bubblejunkie is offline  
Old 10-17-2014, 12:25 PM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 11,176
Default

Not to argue but am confused. You say you didn't really follow the story however you pretty firm in your stance that Dunn started the fight.
I've followed the story with great interest because I too have encountered these thugs and punks in several areas of Jax including right where this incident happened. Obviously I'm not an eye witness however my impression based on what I've seen, heard and read is all Dunn did was ask them to turn their music down.
BlueRudy is offline  
Old 10-17-2014, 01:06 PM
  #7  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Brevard County Florida
Posts: 928
Default

You say he engaged them....A regret I'd bet, Loud music, speeders, stupid people If I engaged everyone that bothered me, I'd never get anything done in life, the older I get the less I give a shit what other knuckleheads are doing around me, although I'm still very aware of where I'm at, I tend to laugh off things that bother me that really shouldn't. I've wasted enough life bent outta shape about things that don't matter at the end of the day.

I don't mind the argument, I may very well learn something.. No worries I'm offended by nothing...

So he asked them to turn down the music?
They brandished a weapon?
He then went and got his own weapon?
Returning to face off with armed thugs?

Or he went up being an asshole cause he didn't like the loud music, they told him to fuck off, he says to himself those little bastards I'll show them...

Wasn't there alcohol allegedly involved?

Ok, I'm not sure what he was even convicted of but I agree with you 1st degree murder doesn't seem to fit, either way, I think he's an idiot and deserves all the anal in his future...
bubblejunkie is offline  
Old 10-17-2014, 01:18 PM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 11,176
Default

No doubt Dunn is where he deserves to be. I just don't agree with the life sentence based on 1st degree murder.

The reason this touched such a nerve with me is right around the same time this happened I was getting gas at a local food & gas mart. Guy pulls up in a LeSabre with rims, his boxers completely exposed over his belt line blaring a song filled with expletives and the running chorus was Fine ass bitch gonna suck my ____ ! I was at the gas island farthest away from him and could still hear the music clearly even with my truck running and windows up.

I didn't say anything to him.

Had my preteen daughter been with me I would have said something to him and been prepared for any response.
BlueRudy is offline  
Old 10-17-2014, 01:25 PM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Brevard County Florida
Posts: 928
Default

I get it.

But what do you hope to accomplish? Animals can only be taught so much...

I ask people like that once in awhile why they think everyone else wants to hear their music? I get weird looks and called lots of names I've heard 1000 times and sometimes they turn the music down sometimes up either way I laugh.

I honk with the music to, if stuck in traffic again great responses on occasion...

Yea I'm an idiot...
bubblejunkie is offline  
Old 10-17-2014, 01:28 PM
  #10  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 21,766
Default

Originally Posted by BlueRudy View Post
No doubt Dunn is where he deserves to be. I just don't agree with the life sentence based on 1st degree murder.

.
I agree, from what little I have read. Also I am NOT defending Dunn's actions as he CLEARLY should not have left the scene or at least called police a block or two away if he was scared for his safety...

(Again not 100 percent sure) but I believe the SUV with the youths left the scene also, would not be the first individuals to get rid of a weapon, like Dunn says.. (Dunno)

Most of you have no idea the mindset of a lot of these young youths in Jax. They are defiant and down right aggressive and bold. I can see the possibility of this occurring more like Dunn states BUT he made his own stupid mistakes and signed his own prison sentence that night.. I certainly don't see this as premeditated 1st degree..
Cracker is offline  
Old 10-17-2014, 01:52 PM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
spraynet 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sanford, FL
Posts: 7,209
Default

Originally Posted by BlueRudy View Post
No doubt Dunn is where he deserves to be. I just don't agree with the life sentence based on 1st degree murder.

The reason this touched such a nerve with me is right around the same time this happened I was getting gas at a local food & gas mart. Guy pulls up in a LeSabre with rims, his boxers completely exposed over his belt line blaring a song filled with expletives and the running chorus was Fine ass bitch gonna suck my ____ ! I was at the gas island farthest away from him and could still hear the music clearly even with my truck running and windows up.

I didn't say anything to him.

Had my preteen daughter been with me I would have said something to him and been prepared for any response.


While I truly would love to believe you, statistics show otherwise. I don't have the data at my fingertips but the overwhelming evidence clearly shows that much less then 1% of the population stands up for thier belief system when any imminent risk is perceived.

In other words, we are a large group of cowards!

Societal problems bear this out!
spraynet 1 is offline  
Old 10-17-2014, 01:57 PM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 11,176
Default

Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
I agree, from what little I have read. Also I am NOT defending Dunn's actions as he CLEARLY should not have left the scene or at least called police a block or two away if he was scared for his safety...

(Again not 100 percent sure) but I believe the SUV with the youths left the scene also, would not be the first individuals to get rid of a weapon, like Dunn says.. (Dunno)

Most of you have no idea the mindset of a lot of these young youths in Jax. They are defiant and down right aggressive and bold. I can see the possibility of this occurring more like Dunn states BUT he made his own stupid mistakes and signed his own prison sentence that night.. I certainly don't see this as premeditated 1st degree..
Glad to see your back
Hope you had a great time and spent all your money on boat drinks.
BlueRudy is offline  
Old 10-17-2014, 02:06 PM
  #13  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 11,176
Default

Originally Posted by spraynet 1 View Post
While I truly would love to believe you, statistics show otherwise. I don't have the data at my fingertips but the overwhelming evidence clearly shows that much less then 1% of the population stands up for thier belief system when any imminent risk is perceived.

In other words, we are a large group of cowards!

Societal problems bear this out!
I agree with you completely and the immediate threat to most of us is no longer the gravest threat, it is what society now does to folks who stand up for themselves after the dust settles.

As far as I go you can count on me. I've been arrested twice for battery. Both times were fellas I'd never met before and had no prior knowledge of.
Once was in a bar were typical bullshit got out of hand the other was in a McDonalds were some pretty atypical things took place.

In no way am I proclaiming I'm a badass but sometimes I let my self righteousness get the better of my self restraint.
BlueRudy is offline  
Old 10-17-2014, 02:55 PM
  #14  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 21,766
Default

Originally Posted by BlueRudy View Post
Glad to see your back
Hope you had a great time and spent all your money on boat drinks.
Had fun, unfortunately it was just a small diversion. Back to all of what sucks and the f'ing stinking azz politics of Florida..
Cracker is offline  
Old 10-17-2014, 03:33 PM
  #15  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Brevard County Florida
Posts: 928
Default

Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
Had fun, unfortunately it was just a small diversion. Back to all of what sucks and the f'ing stinking azz politics of Florida..
They are the same everywhere, Florida for the most part just has nicer weather.
bubblejunkie is offline  
Old 10-17-2014, 04:09 PM
  #16  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 21,766
Default

Originally Posted by bubblejunkie View Post
They are the same everywhere, Florida for the most part just has nicer weather.
Looonngggg story..
Cracker is offline  
Old 10-17-2014, 05:02 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Satellite Beach, FL
Posts: 10,569
Default

Originally Posted by BlueRudy View Post
No doubt Dunn is where he deserves to be. I just don't agree with the life sentence based on 1st degree murder.

The reason this touched such a nerve with me is right around the same time this happened I was getting gas at a local food & gas mart. Guy pulls up in a LeSabre with rims, his boxers completely exposed over his belt line blaring a song filled with expletives and the running chorus was Fine ass bitch gonna suck my ____ ! I was at the gas island farthest away from him and could still hear the music clearly even with my truck running and windows up.

I didn't say anything to him.

Had my preteen daughter been with me I would have said something to him and been prepared for any response.
I love that song
Danny33486 is offline  
Old 10-17-2014, 05:03 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Satellite Beach, FL
Posts: 10,569
Default

Originally Posted by spraynet 1 View Post

While I truly would love to believe you, statistics show otherwise. I don't have the data at my fingertips but the overwhelming evidence clearly shows that much less then 1% of the population stands up for thier belief system when any imminent risk is perceived.

In other words, we are a large group of cowards!

Societal problems bear this out!
Please find these stats. I'd love to see how this data are compiled.
Danny33486 is offline  
Old 10-18-2014, 05:18 AM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 11,176
Default

Originally Posted by Danny33486 View Post
I love that song
I too had to fight the urge to tap my foot along with those mad beats
BlueRudy is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread