Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

County study - Pitbull 8.5 times more likely to attack

Notices

County study - Pitbull 8.5 times more likely to attack

Reply

Old 08-15-2014, 07:46 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,573
Default County study - Pitbull 8.5 times more likely to attack

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/pit-...-attack/ngtc5/

All isolated incidents with bad owners - I am sure of it.
Jersus is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:24 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,627
Default

.


You pays your money you take your chances.


Unfortunately you sometimes take chances for people that wound't choose to take that chance.



.
shadco is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:02 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: mass.
Posts: 5,578
Default

News reporter gathering and reporting partial facts and details about a subject he/she clearly has little knowledge of. with no list of source or reference material for review..

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/pit-...-attack/ngtc5/

American Veterinary Society of Animal Behaviors Position statement on BSL including nearly 40 documents of source and reference material for review..

http://avsabonline.org/uploads/posit...download-1.pdf


WOW tough choice
On The Edge 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:03 AM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Dead Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: OIB
Posts: 4,705
Default

if it looks like a pit bull- if it walks like a pitbull- if even looks across the street at my family - its dead
chew on that
Dead Horse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:17 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 8,224
Default

I could be wrong but I'm starting to think Jersus doesn't like pit bulls.




OReely is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:17 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: mass.
Posts: 5,578
Default

Originally Posted by Dead Horse View Post
if it looks like a pit bull- if it walks like a pitbull- if even looks across the street at my family - its dead
chew on that
Needs salt and pepper..
On The Edge 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:21 AM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lewes, DE
Posts: 9,699
Default

Originally Posted by Dead Horse View Post
if it looks like a pit bull- if it walks like a pitbull- if even looks across the street at my family - its dead
chew on that
Hm, methinks you may not be particularly psychologically stable.
TorFed is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:27 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,321
Default

Originally Posted by OReely View Post
I could be wrong but I'm starting to think Jersus doesn't like pit bulls.




No. He's very scared of them.
The Revenge is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:49 AM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: St. Augustine, Florida
Posts: 968
Default

Originally Posted by Jersus View Post
http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/pit-...-attack/ngtc5/

All isolated incidents with bad owners - I am sure of it.
So what you are saying Jersus - Pit Bulls are wonderful dogs but their owners are 8.5 times more likely to be morons

I have no love of pitbulls (bitten by one as a child) and will never own one or let kids near one but I gotta ask - do you have an alert set up to feed you pitbull stories or is it just a passion of yours

Bruce
aqua205 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:00 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,573
Default

Originally Posted by On The Edge 1 View Post
News reporter gathering and reporting partial facts and details about a subject he/she clearly has little knowledge of. with no list of source or reference material for review..

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/pit-...-attack/ngtc5/

American Veterinary Society of Animal Behaviors Position statement on BSL including nearly 40 documents of source and reference material for review..

http://avsabonline.org/uploads/posit...download-1.pdf


WOW tough choice
And these are all baised because, well, you will tell us so.


http://dogbitelaw.com/dog-bite-stati...tatistics.html

http://dogbitelaw.com/images/pdf/Dog...06_Clifton.pdf

http://www.dogsbite.org/pdf/1979-198...fatalities.pdf

http://pediatrics.aappublications.or.../1/55.abstract

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8657532

http://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreation...ogbreeds-a.pdf

http://journals.lww.com/plasreconsur...&type=abstract

http://journals.lww.com/annalsofsurg...&type=abstract


http://time.com/2891180/kfc-and-the-...a-little-girl/


Of course there is also dogbite.org

Let me guess, the actual data collected from hospitals and morgues and forensics is also not credible?
Jersus is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:17 AM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Dead Horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: OIB
Posts: 4,705
Default

Originally Posted by TorFed View Post
Hm, methinks you may not be particularly psychologically stable.
ha crazy as a shit house rat - spit in the devils eye to see what hes gona do next-- trust me i dont lie
Dead Horse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:11 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: mass.
Posts: 5,578
Default

I love the fact they you continually reference this material written by people that know nothing about canine behavior, material you have never even read, and material that you have no idea what it even says..

If you were in court you would be a laughed out, and if you were in school you would the flunked out..

Going back to your "news report" I am curious as to how the lab and pitbull population numbers were tabulated?
On The Edge 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:49 AM
  #13  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Key West
Posts: 10,648
Default

Jersus, don't forget that On The Edge has all of the correct info to dispute your bad info. But it's up to us find it all because he spent all of his own time and his own money to get it, never to share it. Everyone else has incorrect info and know nothing about dogs, except for him. So we better listen to him because....well...because he says so. Duh.
coores14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:44 PM
  #14  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Suffolk, Va.
Posts: 16,626
Default

I've never viewed the pitt bull issue as one where they are more likely to attack because then other dogs that's really not the problem. Its the damage they do when they do attack that cause all the problems.
fishingfun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:47 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: mass.
Posts: 5,578
Default

Originally Posted by coores14 View Post
Jersus, don't forget that On The Edge has all of the correct info to dispute your bad info. But it's up to us find it all because he spent all of his own time and his own money to get it, never to share it. Everyone else has incorrect info and know nothing about dogs, except for him. So we better listen to him because....well...because he says so. Duh.
That's right. They are his so called "Facts" The impetus is on him, as a pit hater, to provide them . Not me.

You don't even know what you are defending.
On The Edge 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:52 PM
  #16  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,351
Default

Let's see...as to credibility...

A zealous dude one letter away from being a diety

or....

a guy with a picture of his beloved pet as his avatar.

I am stumped.
chrispnet is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:12 PM
  #17  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Key West
Posts: 10,648
Default

Originally Posted by On The Edge 1 View Post
That's right. They are his so called "Facts" The impetus is on him, as a pit hater, to provide them . Not me.

You don't even know what you are defending.
Huh? Aren't you the one who constantly says that all of the "facts" are wrong? In order to make such a claim, you would then need to provide evidence proving as such or else your defense falls a bit flat. Or entirely flat.
That's sort of how a debate works.
Therefore, the impetus is on you, the defender of what is apparently "correct", to supply Jersus with the "correct" info. Jersus starts the thread with his info. You chime in saying he's wrong and his facts are wrong. Yet you won't show any hard evidence despite your claims that you have plenty.

Perhaps if you started the thread with your own facts and Jersus responded, then I could see how the impetus might be on him. But in this situation, you're calling him out in every thread of his as being wrong, but you leave it up to him to figure out why.

I think I know exactly what I'm defending --- it's called logic.
coores14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:29 PM
  #18  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Key West
Posts: 10,648
Default

Originally Posted by On The Edge 1 View Post
I love the fact they you continually reference this material written by people that know nothing about canine behavior(explain how you know this. Do you know each of these authors? Can you provide us with any reason to believe that what you say is true?), material you have never even read(how do you know Jersus has never ever read any of what he quoting?please explain how you got that knowledge), and material that you have no idea what it even says(again, provide evidence that supports your claim)..

If you were in court you would be a laughed out, and if you were in school you would the flunked out..

Going back to your "news report" I am curious as to how the lab and pitbull population numbers were tabulated?(do you plan on researching that yourself and providing us with your conclusions? Based on your wording, it seems like you have doubts about the data collection. Others on here don't have doubts. Since you're really the only one vocally questioning it so far, it only makes sense that you do due diligence in finding an answer so that your efforts to discredit the news report are based on more than just your empty words
John, this is pretty simple. Jersus provided a long list of material that he feels supports his case. You disagree, clearly, based on what I'm reading in your quote above. So, I'll show you what your argument is lacking and why none of us take you seriously yet. See the notes in red above.
coores14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:39 PM
  #19  
Admirals Club
 
Ronn Burgandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Where the wild things are
Posts: 15,073
Default

Originally Posted by TorFed View Post
Hm, methinks you may not be particularly psychologically stable.
Dude already killed his horse.....
Ronn Burgandy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:04 PM
  #20  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lewes, DE
Posts: 9,699
Default

Originally Posted by Ronn Burgandy View Post
Dude already killed his horse.....
True. Coaches let us name a trick play on my high school football team. We went with the "deadhorse." When the previousl play broke up, QB called out deadhorse, which meant get in the effed up lineup and run the play. Head Master got a call once word got out what the term meant. I have never run that many sprints in my life. 3 hours. Non stop sprints.
TorFed is online now  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: