Notices

My wife is insane

Old 05-23-2014, 09:54 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location:
Posts: 671
Default My wife is insane

I hope nobody else has to deal with this.

Here is an email I just received from my nutty wife for what needs to get done for my son's 3rd birthday party.

Jake,

I hope you remember that XYZ's birthday party is next Sunday.
We have a lot going on please let me know what you can help with and what your schedule is for next week.

Monday: XYZ Pressure Washing is coming over to do the driveway, walkways and what not anything you can think of let me know....

Tuesday and Wednesday: XYZ Landscaping is coming over to install new bushes along the front of the house, put in new pine needles in the back yard beds and trim bushes

Thursday: The maid is coming and I also have window washers coming I am trying to arrange the maid and window washers at the same time but someone may need to be there with them for a while.

Friday: I need 2 of your warehouse guys and a truck to go pick up the tables and chairs from the rental company and bring them to the house to help set up. Let me know what time they can be here so I can be there to show them where to put it all.

Saturday: Landscape company is coming over to cut grass and freshen it all up
Rental company is coming with bounce houses and snow cone maker.
Somebody needs to make sure and go to the liquer store we will need beer, wine, and liquer.

Sunday: The caterer is going to show up around 11 will you make sure to show them where everything is and help them set up whatever they need. Also make sure you tip them.

Love you
upstate jake is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 09:58 AM
  #2  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 92
Default

Wow that is awesome lol sounds like a very expensive BDay. I cant wait to read the email when the kid turns 16
seapromercer is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 09:58 AM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Palm Beach County
Posts: 9,470
Default

she spelled liquor wrong, but for your sake I hope she stocks up on it
WPBTH is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 09:59 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Lusby, MD
Posts: 1,037
Default

Originally Posted by upstate jake View Post
Somebody needs to make sure and go to the liquer store we will need beer, wine, and liquer.
Here ya go, tell her you got it covered.
Barefoot is online now  
Old 05-23-2014, 10:00 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
THT sponsor
 
Parker Yacht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ft Lauderdale
Posts: 7,722
Default

That is funny.
At least she is organized, or is trying to get you organized.
Parker Yacht is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 10:00 AM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 906
Default

Wow...actually sounds kind of nice. Honestly if something doesn't get done and it was not on the list it can't be your fault because it is not on the list that she created. Now as for paying the bills...that sounds like a lot of gas, ice, and bait money.
captwill_80 is online now  
Old 05-23-2014, 10:01 AM
  #7  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: cape coral, fl
Posts: 5,506
Default

Yep, your wife is insane but orderly.
bsh102 is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 10:02 AM
  #8  
Admirals Club
 
Ronn Burgandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Where the wild things are
Posts: 15,110
Default

You put pine needles into your beds?
Ronn Burgandy is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 10:02 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,549
Default

Only 3 and hes got his own pressure washing and landscaping business. Nice!
(funny name for a kid though)
Bluebird1 is online now  
Old 05-23-2014, 10:05 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Cherry Hill/LBI
Posts: 2,164
Default

Originally Posted by Ronn Burgandy View Post
You put pine needles into your beds?
You beat me to it.
NJLorelei is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 10:07 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Huntington Beach, Ca.
Posts: 3,523
Default

I had really good booze at my 3rd, me and my Kinder Care bros got sloshed.. Then the Mommy and Me chicks came over and we bounced until we puked. They all left me for the kid next door with a pressure washed driveway and fresh pine needles, it was a tough break- but I got to drain the bar myself. The joke was on them all said and done, they all had pine needle sap on them..
c_mccann is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 10:08 AM
  #12  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
bsmit24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Republic of West Florida
Posts: 17,703
Default

Originally Posted by seapromercer View Post
Wow that is awesome lol sounds like a very expensive BDay. I cant wait to read the email when the kid turns 16
Yeah, sounds like this party is more about her than it is a birthday party for a bunch of three year olds.

If you got em, smoke em but don't stress out and kill yourself.
bsmit24 is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 10:08 AM
  #13  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Westerly, RI
Posts: 4,786
Default

I would tell her I can't make it , take some pictures.
Rival1 is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 10:11 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Hollywood / Key West
Posts: 768
Default

Originally Posted by upstate jake View Post
I hope nobody else has to deal with this.

Here is an email I just received from my nutty wife for what needs to get done for my son's 3rd birthday party.

Jake,

I hope you remember that XYZ's birthday party is next Sunday.
We have a lot going on please let me know what you can help with and what your schedule is for next week.

Monday: XYZ Pressure Washing is coming over to do the driveway, walkways and what not anything you can think of let me know....

Tuesday and Wednesday: XYZ Landscaping is coming over to install new bushes along the front of the house, put in new pine needles in the back yard beds and trim bushes

Thursday: The maid is coming and I also have window washers coming I am trying to arrange the maid and window washers at the same time but someone may need to be there with them for a while.

Friday: I need 2 of your warehouse guys and a truck to go pick up the tables and chairs from the rental company and bring them to the house to help set up. Let me know what time they can be here so I can be there to show them where to put it all.

Saturday: Landscape company is coming over to cut grass and freshen it all up
Rental company is coming with bounce houses and snow cone maker.
Somebody needs to make sure and go to the liquer store we will need beer, wine, and liquer.

Sunday: The caterer is going to show up around 11 will you make sure to show them where everything is and help them set up whatever they need. Also make sure you tip them.

Love you
BOOM thats how you get it done! Thats wayyyyyy better than a wife that can't make up her mind and then is never satisfied with the arrangements that you make.
jdgixxerjay5 is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 10:12 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Brookline, Ma.
Posts: 1,792
Default

Just an observation...........It took the Birthday of a three year old to get all that work done around the house???? Also, if she is that organized, I seriously doubt she would have let you forget the B'Day or the date....
D.M.D. is online now  
Old 05-23-2014, 10:15 AM
  #16  
Senior Member Admiral's Club Member
 
vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ms, Gulf Coast
Posts: 5,954
Default

Question. Do you and your wife not communicate outside of emails?
vertigo is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 10:18 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,146
Default

Originally Posted by vertigo View Post
Question. Do you and your wife not communicate outside of emails?
Weird way to communicate for sure
llord is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 10:19 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location:
Posts: 671
Default

Originally Posted by D.M.D. View Post
Just an observation...........It took the Birthday of a three year old to get all that work done around the house???? Also, if she is that organized, I seriously doubt she would have let you forget the B'Day or the date....
She gets a little ocd sometimes and she knows I forget a lot of events
upstate jake is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 10:21 AM
  #19  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location:
Posts: 671
Default

Originally Posted by vertigo View Post
Question. Do you and your wife not communicate outside of emails?
I think she likes putting things in writing in hopes that I will remember it better. If she were to talk to me about this I would have not listened and/or not remembered
upstate jake is offline  
Old 05-23-2014, 10:21 AM
  #20  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
240 LTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Upper Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 21,652
Default

she is covering all the points by being organized.

.
240 LTS is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread