Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Video captures Jasper, Texas, police officers beating woman

Notices

Video captures Jasper, Texas, police officers beating woman

Old 06-04-2013, 08:17 AM
  #41  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West of my Right mind...
Posts: 4,273
Default

Should have simply buried her out behind the outhouse and been done with it....


Comments like this will get you a trip to camp.
Mod 8
Uncas is online now  
Old 06-04-2013, 08:26 AM
  #42  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: BARNEGAT,N.J.USA
Posts: 293
Default

What if that had been your wife or daughter,would the way that women was treated still been OK.
aqua216 is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 08:30 AM
  #43  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Charlotte Harbor, Fl.
Posts: 1,772
Default

Originally Posted by aqua216 View Post
What if that had been your wife or daughter,would the way that women was treated still been OK.
My wife or daughter wouldnt be IN that situation. They are respectful, law abiding people. IF and thats a big IF they owed $100 it would have been paid instead of spent on a new phone etc.
reelyreely is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 08:39 AM
  #44  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 970
Default

It would seem that this goes wrong when the first officer shoves her into backwards the wall with his hands. That is simply provoking a confrontation. A dare if you will. How many fights have you seen start with this first move? This is not an attempt to restrain or handcuff her. Just a show of force to see if and how she'll respond. He then backs off to see what she'll do. I'm guessing here but I'd bet provoking the suspect is 100% against training. After that the takedown became necessary. They probably would have still been ok if they hadn't decided to drag her around after she was handcuffed.
Battlewagon is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 08:45 AM
  #45  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,291
Default

Bet they got plenty of her DNA all over themselves.

I wouldn't call it a beating but either way at least drag her out of camera's view. Surely the cops knew they were on "candid camera"
NJFISH is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 08:47 AM
  #46  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,291
Default

Originally Posted by Battlewagon View Post
I'm guessing here but I'd bet provoking the suspect is 100% against training.
NJFISH is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 08:49 AM
  #47  
KJS
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Where I go, there I am
Posts: 16,765
Default

They should teach a "tickle attack" just for the little women that get unruly.

"Lady, if you don't shut up we will have no choice but to tickle you into submission".
KJS is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 09:01 AM
  #48  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
mduran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 7,424
Default

Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
Probably not, looking at the video and having to guess, like you at the totality of the circumstances.... If a suspect has to be taken to the ground (which these officers determined must happen) you cannot ask the suspect to "please move over here because it will be safer when we put you on the ground." I would not have tried to drag her by her feet after she was cuffed as at that point she seemed to stop resisting but again there might have been more to it..

Also note, after 25 years in LE and being a very productive officer I have NEVER had one internal complaint filed on me and I work at a large metro dept on one of the busiest beats in the city that is more afro American than white in population, so I am not an aggressive officer.

As pointed out above when force is used it is not casually applied, it is applied with some force and it is sudden and it looks dramatic, but the technics used (even putting someone on the ground) is done with efforts to reduce injuries to the suspects, it does not always work that way but that is the goal. Also the quicker, faster and more sudden physical force is applied the faster the shock of it all causes the suspect to comply...
Well... I disagree. And I am not the only one. They did in fact lose their job because, in my opinion and the opinion of that dept, it could and should have been handled differently.

Of course.. I base this only on what i can see in this video. Officer 1, was already angry.. seen pushing the chair. Officer 2, was angry as well.. to much force. Kicks shirt.. and fell on his ass.
mduran is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 09:06 AM
  #49  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
mduran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 7,424
Default

Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
Probably not, looking at the video and having to guess, like you at the totality of the circumstances.... If a suspect has to be taken to the ground (which these officers determined must happen) you cannot ask the suspect to "please move over here because it will be safer when we put you on the ground." I would not have tried to drag her by her feet after she was cuffed as at that point she seemed to stop resisting but again there might have been more to it..

Also note, after 25 years in LE and being a very productive officer I have NEVER had one internal complaint filed on me and I work at a large metro dept on one of the busiest beats in the city that is more afro American than white in population, so I am not an aggressive officer.

As pointed out above when force is used it is not casually applied, it is applied with some force and it is sudden and it looks dramatic, but the technics used (even putting someone on the ground) is done with efforts to reduce injuries to the suspects, it does not always work that way but that is the goal. Also the quicker, faster and more sudden physical force is applied the faster the shock of it all causes the suspect to comply...
So you would have done the same ?? You would have also drug her by her feet ?? man.. come on !!!!

If that had been your mother.. you sister.. really ?? Or is it just because of her skin.?? I am almost sure, had this been a white old woman, and 2 black officers acted the same way.. most of the guys on here would be crying a totally different story..
mduran is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 09:07 AM
  #50  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
mduran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 7,424
Default

Originally Posted by reelyreely View Post
My wife or daughter wouldnt be IN that situation. They are respectful, law abiding people. IF and thats a big IF they owed $100 it would have been paid instead of spent on a new phone etc.
BUT WHAT IF SHE WAS ????????? And it was 2 big black officers dragging her by her feet.. you'd feel the same ?? DOUBTFUL !!
mduran is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 09:08 AM
  #51  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
240 LTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Upper Chesapeake Bay
Posts: 20,698
Default

Originally Posted by triplenet View Post
Did I miss the beating ? Hard take down isnt a beating .....
Originally Posted by ImNotiFly View Post
Who said "beating? I'm just laughing at Fat Boy sliding down the hall !!!!!!
Originally Posted by Because Boat View Post
The title of the thread states "beating".
Originally Posted by ImNotiFly View Post
Try to comprehend this distinction... Bob.... I didn't write the title.





Originally Posted by INCORRIGIBLE View Post
I'm just going to assume that the OP has never been to Jasper and seen the filth that walks it's streets.
Originally Posted by HarleyFLHP View Post
The OP should change the title as it is misleading. Just another perp, who thought running her mouth and acting like a savage would get her out of jail.
Originally Posted by meii View Post
That's not a beating.
I didn't "write" the headline, just copied it.

.
Attached Images  
240 LTS is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 09:20 AM
  #52  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 263
Default

Originally Posted by 240 LTS View Post
I didn't "write" the headline, just copied it.
"Looks" "like" "you" "finally" "found" "the" "quote" "key" "on" "your" "keyboard?"
ImNotiFly is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 09:28 AM
  #53  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Tucson,AZ
Posts: 148
Default

Originally Posted by HarleyFLHP View Post
Sad to see that these cops lost their jobs over this.
Not to me...
acelures is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 09:40 AM
  #54  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Charlotte Harbor, Fl.
Posts: 1,772
Default

Originally Posted by mduran View Post
BUT WHAT IF SHE WAS ????????? And it was 2 big black officers dragging her by her feet.. you'd feel the same ?? DOUBTFUL !!
THEY WOULDNT BE. THEY are respectful people. Get the point? What if the moon was made of cheese????
reelyreely is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 09:42 AM
  #55  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Suffolk, Va.
Posts: 17,064
Default

Originally Posted by nhpursuit2870 View Post
Appropriate response to resisting commands given by an officer. Funny as hell watching him fall down the hallway.


While that's funny as hell it was because he had lost his temper and yanked on her foot removing her shoe by accident. He used enough force for him to go flying 10 feet across the room.
fishingfun is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 09:43 AM
  #56  
Senior Member
 
Because Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: PA & NJ
Posts: 5,939
Default

Maybe a little over zealous in my opinion.
Because Boat is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 09:44 AM
  #57  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West of my Right mind...
Posts: 4,273
Default

Originally Posted by mduran View Post
So you would have done the same ?? You would have also drug her by her feet ?? man.. come on !!!!

If that had been your mother.. you sister.. really ?? Or is it just because of her skin.?? I am almost sure, had this been a white old woman, and 2 black officers acted the same way.. most of the guys on here would be crying a totally different story..
Not to me it wouldn't.....!! She was under arrest, still running her mouth and refusing to comply with the officer's directions....
However, I do believe dragging her by her feet into the cell was overboard and ill advised.....l!!
Uncas is online now  
Old 06-04-2013, 09:53 AM
  #58  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,456
Default

Lotta racism on this thread
N2theblue is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 09:59 AM
  #59  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NE
Posts: 1,050
Default

Originally Posted by fishingfun View Post
[/B]
He used enough force for him to go flying 10 feet across the room.
He had to.....she's a disobedient cow.

Imagine the attitude and nonsense they had put up with from her prior to putting her in her proper place (which is a pig sty IMO).

Unless she was under arrest under false pretenses.....she got EXACTLY what she deserved and asked for by failing to comply with the verbal requests of the LEOs. Why they got fired is beyond me. Does anyone know why it was arrested?

What should they have done.....tased her? Pepper sprayed her? Plied her with milk and cookies? Begged on their hands and knees? Tell us.
HDTBC is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 10:04 AM
  #60  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 21,827
Default

Originally Posted by N2theblue View Post
Lotta racism on this thread
I believe not much was brought about her race till YOU decided to throw it out there... Stick to the subject at hand, is it a beating or unfair treatment..

As far as the officer's being fired, you will find most departments would rather do that and rehire an officer to just to try and appease some of the vocal public no matter if the officer's were wrong or not. Its much easier for the dept that way.
Cracker is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread