Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Video captures Jasper, Texas, police officers beating woman

Notices

Video captures Jasper, Texas, police officers beating woman

Old 06-04-2013, 06:35 AM
  #21  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Venice, Florida
Posts: 16,865
Default

If you think thats a beating, you have never given nor received one.

I think they should have pit bulls as a police dogs. Then we could have threads about police pit bulls eating innocent women.
Mr. Demeanor is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 06:39 AM
  #22  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 5,098
Default

Firing might be a little much in this case...Hit 'them in the wallet, send them for more training, and make sure those two butterballs get in the gym more often.
Qb1rdman is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 06:40 AM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Suffolk, Va.
Posts: 17,064
Default

The lady was brought in because of an unpaid fine of $100. I'm sure she ran her mouth the entire time but that does not give the cop the right to bang her face against the counter and slam her to the ground.
fishingfun is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 06:42 AM
  #24  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West of my Right mind...
Posts: 4,273
Default

Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton are on their way to Jasper to help defend that poor defenseless God fearing child............
For the record, she got exactly what she deserved, and was asking for....!!!
Uncas is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 06:43 AM
  #25  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
mduran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 7,424
Default

I disagree.. i won't say she deserved it. Seemed pretty harsh to me. Just another asshole cop flexing. She wasnt some 350 pound guy. Surely, 2 strong, trained officers could have restrained her without all of that.

My opinion, the officer was pissed ( can be see slamming chair ) and took it out on her. Not a real good officer in my eyes. Just an asshole with a badge.
mduran is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 06:44 AM
  #26  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 263
Default

Originally Posted by HarleyFLHP View Post
Sad to see that these cops lost their jobs over this.
I feel your pain. Why it took THIS incident to bring attention to why these fat boys shouldn't be cops is sad.
ImNotiFly is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 06:50 AM
  #27  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Charlotte Harbor, Fl.
Posts: 1,772
Default

based on what i saw, she was resisting. It appears she, while only half on camera, swung at or resisted the first guy. Watch him lean back a couple times. Her head was not slammed into the counter, the cop used the counter as leverage and ok, she went forward. Lesson here, when you are turning yourself in, no matter the charge, DO NOT RESIST. Do as you are told, without argument or acting like you are in control. YOU'RE NOT. She resisted, and bango, down she goes. Male or female its the same rules that apply.
reelyreely is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 06:51 AM
  #28  
Senior Member Admiral's Club Member
 
HarleyFLHP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The great State of NC
Posts: 10,344
Default

Originally Posted by fishingfun View Post
The lady was brought in because of an unpaid fine of $100. I'm sure she ran her mouth the entire time but that does not give the cop the right to bang her face against the counter and slam her to the ground.
Are you kidding me? How long have you been a cop?
HarleyFLHP is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 06:58 AM
  #29  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 5,098
Default

Originally Posted by mduran View Post
I disagree.. i won't say she deserved it. Seemed pretty harsh to me. Just another asshole cop flexing. She wasnt some 350 pound guy. Surely, 2 strong, trained officers could have restrained her without all of that.

My opinion, the officer was pissed ( can be see slamming chair ) and took it out on her. Not a real good officer in my eyes. Just an asshole with a badge.
I caught that slam of the chair too. Very telling. I don't know if he was having a bad day or if that is indicative of his everyday temperament but he fueled the fire instead of trying to put it out.
Qb1rdman is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 07:07 AM
  #30  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
mduran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 7,424
Default

Originally Posted by HarleyFLHP View Post
Are you kidding me? How long have you been a cop?
Why would that matter...?? this video show lack of training and empowerment. Let me ask you this.. do you think that it is possible that 2 different officers could have handled this differently ? Could 2 different officers restrained her and NOT have lost their jobs ? Really.. come on man.
mduran is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 07:14 AM
  #31  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 21,827
Default

Originally Posted by Qb1rdman View Post
I caught that slam of the chair too. Very telling. I don't know if he was having a bad day or if that is indicative of his everyday temperament but he fueled the fire instead of trying to put it out.
Actually the guy that did the little action with the chair was NOT the officer that was more aggressive with her or took her to the ground. He was clearly telling her to sit down and probably shut up. You can see the officer in her face for about 30 seconds (telling her to sit down, by the finger pointing). She resisted and got taken to the ground in a tight space. As far as her being a females, yes she is, but she did bow up and resisted. She was running that gator the whole time.

Those officers will get their jobs back. I will give you a free lesson in police work, when a suspect continues to mouth off, refuse to obey commands to do things and in general create a disturbance, particularly when they are not handcuffed, they are working up their courage to start something physically generally. Now there are different ways to stop it, not all physical but if you don't stop it, they work up their courage till you have an all out fight on your hands.

Also I try to stay away from physical altercations if possible and talk people into the backseat now that I am older and don't heal quickly myself but a few that are commenting have never had to try a control people and don't have any training in police work nor any experience. Not everyone will do what you tell them to and some only respond to hands on control. In the real world, the cop does not choose when to apply force, the suspect does by their action or non action, the officer just has to react.
Cracker is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 07:26 AM
  #32  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
mduran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 7,424
Default

Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
Actually the guy that did the little action with the chair was NOT the officer that was more aggressive with her or took her to the ground. He was clearly telling her to sit down and probably shut up. You can see the officer in her face for about 30 seconds (telling her to sit down, by the finger pointing). She resisted and got taken to the ground in a tight space. As far as her being a females, yes she is, but she did bow up and resisted. She was running that gator the whole time.

Those officers will get their jobs back. I will give you a free lesson in police work, when a suspect continues to mouth off, refuse to obey commands to do things and in general create a disturbance, particularly when they are not handcuffed, they are working up their courage to start something physically generally. Now there are different ways to stop it, not all physical but if you don't stop it, they work up their courage till you have an all out fight on your hands.

Also I try to stay away from physical altercations if possible and talk people into the backseat now that I am older and don't heal quickly myself but a few that are commenting have never had to try a control people and don't have any training in police work nor any experience. Not everyone will do what you tell them to and some only respond to hands on control. In the real world, the cop does not choose when to apply force, the suspect does by their action or non action, the officer just has to react.
I don't think so... and I will give you a free lesson too... not all people that get hauled into police station are thugs, murderers or drug dealers. She had a 100 dollar fine. Two grown, trained officers... and that was the best that they could do ? That was their only option ? Really Cracker ?? PLEASE tell me that you would have done it differently !!
mduran is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 07:33 AM
  #33  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 21,827
Default

Just because she had a 100 fine doesn't mean she CANT resist. You may not be able to see the finer points of the video about her slight actions that indicate her behavior but it is clear she was resisting.

Were the officer upset with her, ABSOLUTELY. They are human and they are exhibiting signs of that but bottom line, her resistance looks to justify being taken to the ground, which is what happened. REALLY mduran..

After 25 years I know the difference. Like I said, sometimes the smallest things can turn into the biggest goat F**K because a suspect wants to be a thug..


Just yesterday a little hoodlum was smoking by gas pumps as I pulled up in my marked unit. I yelled at him, he said something back. I told him to get off the property due to unlawful activity. He wanted to escalate it and be a thug, I could have taken him to jail, what saved him, I was going home in less than an hour. He will do it again thou because that is just his nature to defy.
Cracker is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 07:37 AM
  #34  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Big Bend, FL
Posts: 327
Default

Whether she deserved it or not, the reactions of the second officer had nothing to do with training & everything to do with anger!
SpeedDemon is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 07:43 AM
  #35  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Charlotte Harbor, Fl.
Posts: 1,772
Default

just to add to Crackers responses, when it becomes time to go hands on with a person who has no ability to follow commands, its not a game. Its hard, fast and get the job done, "shock and awe" if you will. You see if not, then it empowers that fine person, they fight back more and harder.
reelyreely is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 07:46 AM
  #36  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
mduran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Clermont, FL
Posts: 7,424
Default

Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
Just because she had a 100 fine doesn't mean she CANT resist. You may not be able to see the finer points of the video about her slight actions that indicate her behavior but it is clear she was resisting.

Were the officer upset with her, ABSOLUTELY. They are human and they are exhibiting signs of that but bottom line, her resistance looks to justify being taken to the ground, which is what happened. REALLY mduran..

After 25 years I know the difference. Like I said, sometimes the smallest things can turn into the biggest goat F**K because a suspect wants to be a thug..


Just yesterday a little hoodlum was smoking by gas pumps as I pulled up in my marked unit. I yelled at him, he said something back. I told him to get off the property due to unlawful activity. He wanted to escalate it and be a thug, I could have taken him to jail, what saved him, I was going home in less than an hour. He will do it again thou because that is just his nature to defy.
You didn't answer my question... after your 25 years of service... could you / would you have done it differently ?
mduran is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 08:02 AM
  #37  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Fish'nFool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Anywhere but here...
Posts: 24,706
Default

Originally Posted by fishingfun View Post
The lady was brought in because of an unpaid fine of $100. I'm sure she ran her mouth the entire time but that does not give the cop the right to bang her face against the counter and slam her to the ground.
I missed that part, looks like her head went past the counter and hit nothing, but it does make a good story line as does the claim of a "beating."
Fish'nFool is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 08:04 AM
  #38  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Charlotte Harbor, Fl.
Posts: 1,772
Default

After my 16 years I can say....I dont know....I wasnt there and the video doesnt completly show whtas going on. Like I said above, If I am going hands on, its going to be fast, hard and over.
reelyreely is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 08:07 AM
  #39  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 21,827
Default

Originally Posted by mduran View Post
You didn't answer my question... after your 25 years of service... could you / would you have done it differently ?
Probably not, looking at the video and having to guess, like you at the totality of the circumstances.... If a suspect has to be taken to the ground (which these officers determined must happen) you cannot ask the suspect to "please move over here because it will be safer when we put you on the ground." I would not have tried to drag her by her feet after she was cuffed as at that point she seemed to stop resisting but again there might have been more to it..

Also note, after 25 years in LE and being a very productive officer I have NEVER had one internal complaint filed on me and I work at a large metro dept on one of the busiest beats in the city that is more afro American than white in population, so I am not an aggressive officer.

As pointed out above when force is used it is not casually applied, it is applied with some force and it is sudden and it looks dramatic, but the technics used (even putting someone on the ground) is done with efforts to reduce injuries to the suspects, it does not always work that way but that is the goal. Also the quicker, faster and more sudden physical force is applied the faster the shock of it all causes the suspect to comply...
Cracker is offline  
Old 06-04-2013, 08:11 AM
  #40  
Senior Member
 
nhpursuit2870's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Seacoast NH
Posts: 2,233
Default

Appropriate response to resisting commands given by an officer. Funny as hell watching him fall down the hallway.
nhpursuit2870 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread