Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

10 cars with the most safety complaints

Notices

10 cars with the most safety complaints

Old 05-29-2013, 05:10 PM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NoneYa
Posts: 4,507
Default 10 cars with the most safety complaints

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/10-cars-...225412806.html
Mr. Paul is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 01:16 PM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northport LI
Posts: 2,532
Default

BMW and mini.....wow!
muffinman51432 is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 01:18 PM
  #3  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 7,291
Default

I complain about BMWs everyday
NJFISH is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 01:26 PM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Dulcecita Lures's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 16,760
Default

#2 Jeep - This in no way surprises me. But as stated in the listing, there was no one single complaint category, like "powertrain." The Jeep complaints were about EVERYTHING in the vehicle! Hahahaha!!!
Dulcecita Lures is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 03:24 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 3,034
Default

you do have to read the stats, its per 1000 vehicles, but if you look at total complaints in 2012 Ford was pretty much the highest
Mars5L is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 03:45 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: North Coast of America
Posts: 7,107
Default

Originally Posted by Mars5L View Post
you do have to read the stats, its per 1000 vehicles, but if you look at total complaints in 2012 Ford was pretty much the highest
Ford
Total car sales = 2,168,392
Total complaints = 4,958

Jeep
Total car sales = 474,131
Total complaints = 2,039

Add other Chrysler products (Chrysler, Dodge) mentioned in the top 10 list and they are the King of Crap, not Ford.
osudaddy is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 03:57 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 3,034
Default

id be willing to bet that number will drop next year as long as nothing else major arises in mopar land since Id bet most of the powertrain complaints are in regards to the 3.6 cylinder head issue. Which does have me at odds about the article since its centered around safety complaints but since they dont give me specifics on what is what, I dont see how powertrain or interior electronics can qualify as safety issues
Mars5L is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 04:10 PM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Dulcecita Lures's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 16,760
Default

Originally Posted by Mars5L View Post
I don't see how powertrain or interior electronics can qualify as safety issues
Gets a little tricky here Mr. Mars... you actually have to read between the lines:

To determine the 10 car brands with the most complaints, 24/7 Wall St. reviewed sales figures and information on complaint submissions to the NHTSA published by Edmunds.com for the year 2012.

NHTSA = National Highway Traffic Safety Administration

Therefore, complaints (I imagine even if I didn't like the color of the vehicle) submitted to them automatically qualify as safety complaints.
See? Your tax dollars really do work!!!!
Dulcecita Lures is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 06:40 PM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NoneYa
Posts: 4,507
Default

Originally Posted by Mars5L View Post
id be willing to bet that number will drop next year as long as nothing else major arises in mopar land since Id bet most of the powertrain complaints are in regards to the 3.6 cylinder head issue. Which does have me at odds about the article since its centered around safety complaints but since they dont give me specifics on what is what, I dont see how powertrain or interior electronics can qualify as safety issues

Sudden acceleration , engine dying on highway multiple reasons for powertrain. Interior electronics can be also a multitude of reasons. One comes to mind is the windshield wipers not working.

I thought the list was interesting as any of these lists they are somewhat controversial.
Mr. Paul is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 07:47 PM
  #10  
Senior MemberPLEDGERPLEDGERCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ATL & SAV
Posts: 12,251
Default

Originally Posted by Mars5L View Post
you do have to read the stats, its per 1000 vehicles, but if you look at total complaints in 2012 Ford was pretty much the highest
I am guessing you didn't do well in business statistics.
Tireless is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 08:19 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 3,034
Default

Originally Posted by Dulcecita Lures View Post
Gets a little tricky here Mr. Mars... you actually have to read between the lines:

To determine the 10 car brands with the most complaints, 24/7 Wall St. reviewed sales figures and information on complaint submissions to the NHTSA published by Edmunds.com for the year 2012.

NHTSA = National Highway Traffic Safety Administration

Therefore, complaints (I imagine even if I didn't like the color of the vehicle) submitted to them automatically qualify as safety complaints.
See? Your tax dollars really do work!!!!

thats why id like to know what some of the issues were, cause working at a dealer I will tell you people will use whatever excuse to get stuff fixed right then and there including trying to stretch issues into "safety" related. Just in effort to get cars lemon lawed or to get a loaner car or a new car.

And no, I didnt take a statistics class, but nice try in trying to look down on me for some reason. I took as per brand, and Ford was the highest as its own brand. Ford pretty much is just 1 brand with lincoln pretty much not selling anything vs Chrysler which is now 4 name plates.
Mars5L is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 08:27 PM
  #12  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NoneYa
Posts: 4,507
Default

thats why id like to know what some of the issues were, cause working at a dealer I will tell you people will use whatever excuse to get stuff fixed right then and there including trying to stretch issues into "safety" related. Just in effort to get cars lemon lawed or to get a loaner car or a new car.
Are you stating that people try to steal from a "stealership"? Amazing.
Mr. Paul is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 08:52 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 263
Default

Originally Posted by muffinman51432 View Post
BMW and mini.....wow!
Had to listen to a "friend" bitch about how her new MINI was a lemon. New MINI towed back to dealership. "Why does this always happen to me?" "It's brand new!" Blaugh, blaugh, blaugh...

The service department calls and asks....? Ms Dumb-Ass (I'm not using her real name), have you bought any gas since you drove your new MINI off the lot?"

Ms Dumb-Ass: "Uhhhhhhh.... gas?"

Service Department: "Yes Ms Dumb-Ass, gas. In the last several days since you drove the car off the lot, did you buy any gas?"

Ms Dumb-Ass: "Gas?"

Service Department: "Your car is ready for you to pick up at any time that is convenient for you."

Not sure which complaint was hers but, MINI buyers are a special breed.
ImNotiFly is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 09:17 PM
  #14  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NoneYa
Posts: 4,507
Default

Originally Posted by ImNotiFly View Post
Had to listen to a "friend" bitch about how her new MINI was a lemon. New MINI towed back to dealership. "Why does this always happen to me?" "It's brand new!" Blaugh, blaugh, blaugh...

The service department calls and asks....? Ms Dumb-Ass (I'm not using her real name), have you bought any gas since you drove your new MINI off the lot?"

Ms Dumb-Ass: "Uhhhhhhh.... gas?"

Service Department: "Yes Ms Dumb-Ass, gas. In the last several days since you drove the car off the lot, did you buy any gas?"

Ms Dumb-Ass: "Gas?"

Service Department: "Your car is ready for you to pick up at any time that is convenient for you."

Not sure which complaint was hers but, MINI buyers are a special breed.

Just wait till she puts the gas in the car and does not tighten the gas cap. The check engine lite comes on she goes to the stealership and they tighten the cap and say all is fine. She goes ballistic say how dare you tell me how to put a gas cap on.
Mr. Paul is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 09:28 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 263
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. Paul View Post
Just wait till she puts the gas in the car and does not tighten the gas cap. The check engine lite comes on she goes to the stealership and they tighten the cap and say all is fine. She goes ballistic say how dare you tell me how to put a gas cap on.
Her CAR wouldn't start, her BOAT wouldn't start, her COMPUTER wouldn't go to the 'internets'. But, she DID know how to file complaints.
ImNotiFly is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 09:53 PM
  #16  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Venice, Florida
Posts: 16,865
Default

Originally Posted by Mars5L View Post
thats why id like to know what some of the issues were, cause working at a dealer I will tell you people will use whatever excuse to get stuff fixed right then and there including trying to stretch issues into "safety" related. Just in effort to get cars lemon lawed or to get a loaner car or a new car.

And no, I didnt take a statistics class, but nice try in trying to look down on me for some reason. I took as per brand, and Ford was the highest as its own brand. Ford pretty much is just 1 brand with lincoln pretty much not selling anything vs Chrysler which is now 4 name plates.
But that type of customer would pretty much be equal among all brands.
Mr. Demeanor is offline  
Old 05-30-2013, 10:15 PM
  #17  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
PLEDGER
 
Bruce W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: VA
Posts: 14,983
Default

Originally Posted by Tireless View Post
I am guessing you didn't do well in business statistics.


Regards,
Bruce W is offline  
Old 05-31-2013, 03:27 AM
  #18  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Between Richmond and Williamsburg
Posts: 2,964
Default

Originally Posted by Mars5L View Post
thats why id like to know what some of the issues were, cause working at a dealer I will tell you people will use whatever excuse to get stuff fixed right then and there including trying to stretch issues into "safety" related. Just in effort to get cars lemon lawed or to get a loaner car or a new car.

And no, I didnt take a statistics class, but nice try in trying to look down on me for some reason. I took as per brand, and Ford was the highest as its own brand. Ford pretty much is just 1 brand with lincoln pretty much not selling anything vs Chrysler which is now 4 name plates.
Why should a customer have to make an excuse to get something fixed right?
twobyfour is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread