Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

THT - 12,600 posts in 5 years??? Really?

Notices

THT - 12,600 posts in 5 years??? Really?

Old 02-08-2013, 09:23 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Pacific NW coast~!
Posts: 2,376
Likes: 0
Received 257 Likes on 135 Posts
Default THT - 12,600 posts in 5 years??? Really?

Ok don't tell me you've never wondered about this too.

Example: 12,600 posts and joined in 2008?

Thats 2500 posts per year averaging 48 posts per week at approx 7 posts per day non stop.

Really??
Old 02-08-2013, 11:55 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 'Questa, FL
Posts: 3,148
Received 207 Likes on 111 Posts
Default

It happens. AKA +1
Old 02-08-2013, 11:56 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 'Questa, FL
Posts: 3,148
Received 207 Likes on 111 Posts
Default

In a lot of the pissing contest threads (read: dockside, bilge) some of these guys (gals) will go back and forth for hours.

eta, +2
Old 02-09-2013, 12:43 AM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY (Bay Ridge)
Posts: 14,736
Received 563 Likes on 306 Posts
Default

i.e. no life or just a CnP'er
Old 02-09-2013, 03:11 AM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sailfish Capital & Black Hills SD
Posts: 16,008
Likes: 0
Received 518 Likes on 271 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Esuomm1 View Post
i.e. no life or just a CnP'er
Ok what's a CnP?

A lot of people like me I would bet that sit in front of the computy all day at work, and just keep THT running in the background. I still do that from time to time.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:48 AM
  #6  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: S. Galvez, Louisiana. Ame
Posts: 7,448
Received 130 Likes on 62 Posts
Default

I don't know how many post I have, I do know I been here close to ten years. I'm not anywhere near 12k.

Okay just checked it out.
6028 post in 10 years 7 months
That comes out somewhere around 1.5 post per day.

During the preceding 10 years at times I have gone days or months with out a post.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:57 AM
  #7  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: S. Galvez, Louisiana. Ame
Posts: 7,448
Received 130 Likes on 62 Posts
Default

By the way-- who we talking about?
Old 02-09-2013, 04:23 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,794
Likes: 0
Received 271 Likes on 148 Posts
Default

That is nothing. One member joined in March 2009 and had 20,000+ post before he was banned.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:24 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Franklin MA
Posts: 376
Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts
Default

I don't really care for the "I have x zillion posts" threads. I see post counts as a net negative - it shows me just how much time I've wasted on various sites...and on some sites, those with tons of posts seem to be treated as a deity, when all they do is spew BS all day...

I look at post counts the same way I look at the idea of adding up all they money I have tied up in my hobby equipment - it is simply evidence that could be used against me by the powers that may be - be it work or the wife
Old 02-09-2013, 04:28 AM
  #10  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downeast, North Carolina
Posts: 6,132
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by nodima View Post
I don't really care for the "I have x zillion posts" threads. I see post counts as a net negative - it shows me just how much time I've wasted on various sites...and on some sites, those with tons of posts seem to be treated as a deity, when all they do is spew BS all day...

I look at post counts the same way I look at the idea of adding up all they money I have tied up in my hobby equipment - it is simply evidence that could be used against me by the powers that may be - be it work or the wife
At 1.8 posts per year, you're probably safe.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:45 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,302
Likes: 0
Received 330 Likes on 175 Posts
Default

It's not the post count that bothers me, although I do wonder about those who generate the big numbers. It's the presumed status many of these "senior" members anoint themselves with. They step in and try to tell others that their opinions aren't worthy, as if frequency of replies equates to brilliance in all matters.
This isn't directed at anyone specifically, but if you see your reflection in the screen when reading this.... Well!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:01 AM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Venice, Florida
Posts: 16,890
Received 602 Likes on 328 Posts
Default

Bump...

Just getting my post count up so I will taken seriously around here!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:29 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 3,043
Likes: 0
Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
Default

another forum I have 42,000+ posts and I did most of that in 5-6 years. Im a forum junkie and was a super mod and admin for a while on that forum.Its not hard really when most of the users know and like you and there always some local event going with the site or just something related.

Car people love to talk....
Old 02-09-2013, 06:36 AM
  #14  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 5,188
Likes: 0
Received 1,260 Likes on 686 Posts
Default

ttt

Old 02-09-2013, 06:38 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 414
Likes: 0
Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Default

1 more for me!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:39 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Albemarle Sound Management Area
Posts: 6,225
Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

If nobody posted, what would we read? ;?
Old 02-09-2013, 06:43 AM
  #17  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brooklyn, NY (Bay Ridge)
Posts: 14,736
Received 563 Likes on 306 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Afishinado View Post
Ok what's a CnP?

A lot of people like me I would bet that sit in front of the computy all day at work, and just keep THT running in the background. I still do that from time to time.
Cut n Paster.

OK, just had to do the math on my posts/months, etc. and I'm not much better, ha ha.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:44 AM
  #18  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downeast, North Carolina
Posts: 6,132
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by txj33p View Post
It's not the post count that bothers me, although I do wonder about those who generate the big numbers. It's the presumed status many of these "senior" members anoint themselves with. They step in and try to tell others that their opinions aren't worthy, as if frequency of replies equates to brilliance in all matters.
This isn't directed at anyone specifically, but if you see your reflection in the screen when reading this.... Well!
I have a LCD screen, so I'm good.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:55 AM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South of Pennsyltucky
Posts: 9,502
Likes: 0
Received 848 Likes on 359 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by makonnen View Post
Ok don't tell me you've never wondered about this too.

Example: 12,600 posts and joined in 2008?

Thats 2500 posts per year averaging 48 posts per week at approx 7 posts per day non stop.

Really??
THT is like crack for boaters......plus, some of us live in the Mid Atlantic and Northeast where we need something to get us through the Winter months, THT fills that void.


Originally Posted by UT_VOLS13 View Post
That is nothing. One member joined in March 2009 and had 20,000+ post before he was banned.
I gotta admit, I kinda miss Capt Cartoon.

Originally Posted by Esuomm1 View Post
Cut n Paster.

OK, just had to do the math on my posts/months, etc. and I'm not much better, ha ha.
Glad you caught that, I didn't wannna have to point it out for yer.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:38 AM
  #20  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,007
Received 1,075 Likes on 573 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Esuomm1 View Post
i.e. no life or just a CnP'er

you have 4.29 per day there ;?

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.