Notices
Like Tree1327Likes

Adventures in Online Dating

Old 01-30-2019, 11:14 AM
  #11461  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: CLeves Ohio
Posts: 1,404
Default

Originally Posted by Brett1 View Post



that made me laugh pretty hard.
nodima and GoneNdoneit like this.
sinjun is offline  
Old 01-30-2019, 01:23 PM
  #11462  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: WI
Posts: 544
Default

Me too!!
toby10 is offline  
Old 02-04-2019, 02:50 PM
  #11463  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lancaster , RIC VA
Posts: 8,359
Default Valentines day

My on again/off again GF of about 3 years is done. With Valentine's day in a couple weeks, what's the thought on online dating now? Women desperate to not be alone and good opportunity, or sit it out and wait until it's over?
GWcpa is offline  
Old 02-04-2019, 08:06 PM
  #11464  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: TX and Louisiana
Posts: 261
Default

You can troll anytime GWcpa, just remember, only YOU control what you put in the boat. Having said that, there is a definite uptick in dating site activity before the holidays and again before Valentines day.

Was out with both the Fashion Girl and the Ex GF tonight, FG thinks that Ex GF and I are exclusive, but Ex GF knows we are not. So....... Ex GF asks what we are doing for Valentines, I told her that I i can't do anything, I have the Ex wife and daughter in town Thursday thru Monday that weekend. She was kind of Oh...... OK, I would have liked to known that, I asked her so - really, got another offer?

I actually DO have the ex wife and daughter over that weekend, but they are not coming till Friday night. Doing something with The Ass't instead, have been seeing her one or two nights a week last few weeks.

I asked the Ex GF if she wanted to go to Louisiana with me this weekend, she has kid stuff going Friday night. Ass't has a modeling gig Saturday so she can't go. Not sure who is going, maybe no one but me, but reasonably sure someone will end up over there for the weekend. Have a date with a flight attendant tomorrow night, maybe her, not sure yet.
MikeeBooshay is offline  
Old 02-05-2019, 05:31 AM
  #11465  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lancaster , RIC VA
Posts: 8,359
Default

Damn MB, thanks for the update but that sounds like a lot of work. Fun but would be stressful to me. Seems to work well for you though.
GWcpa is offline  
Old 02-05-2019, 05:40 AM
  #11466  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: TX and Louisiana
Posts: 261
Default

Thanks GW...... I don't have too much else going on at the moment other than work etc...... it fills the time, what can I say?
MikeeBooshay is offline  
Old 02-05-2019, 09:11 AM
  #11467  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: CLeves Ohio
Posts: 1,404
Default

I couldn't afford that many chicks emotionally or financially. So far 59 and I are getting along great. Spent most of last weekend together. Sexually she is amazing three times in a row Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday morning. She can't believe that I don't need any assistance ( viagra) at my age. She jokingly asked me if I was taking anything and I replied nope everything works perfectly fine without any help.

she posted a picture of us together on her Facebook page. I guess that has some meaning if you're into social media, which I'm not.
sinjun is offline  
Old 02-05-2019, 07:22 PM
  #11468  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: WPB, Fl.
Posts: 10,194
Default

Originally Posted by sinjun View Post
I couldn't afford that many chicks emotionally or financially. So far 59 and I are getting along great. Spent most of last weekend together. Sexually she is amazing three times in a row Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday morning. She can't believe that I don't need any assistance ( viagra) at my age. She jokingly asked me if I was taking anything and I replied nope everything works perfectly fine without any help.

she posted a picture of us together on her Facebook page. I guess that has some meaning if you're into social media, which I'm not.

Rock on.
gofastsandman is online now  
Old 02-06-2019, 05:10 AM
  #11469  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 150
Default

MB is the man no doubt, but I'm impressed with most of you all playing the game. Valentine's day should be interesting, I'm staying tuned. Almost forgot thanks sinjun, hilarious.
72barracuda is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 05:52 PM
  #11470  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Hampton, VA
Posts: 1,206
Default

Apparently it makes them mad when they ask if they can go on your boat this summer and you reply with, "Maybe." I think honesty is the best policy, which is why I am still single. Also, he who cares least wins!
mdman352 and SolOps like this.
Vitamin_Sea is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 06:50 PM
  #11471  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,225
Default

Thought I'd check in. Life is still good in Sprockets land. 10 months in. We spend every weekend together and most weeks one weeknight. The other nights I'm out partying with friends, cycling, etc. Lots of freedom and no controlling behavior.
Sprockets is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 07:02 PM
  #11472  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lancaster , RIC VA
Posts: 8,359
Default

I had a good first date tonight after texts and calls.

Date is a CPA about my age, went to same colleges I did, similar interests and appears to be financially independent. Looked better than in pics. Values exercise and fitness as I do.

Not a “10” but neither am I. But great body. She has made it clear she’s financially secure and doesn’t need a man to take care of her. That’s new!

Will be be interesting to see how the week goes and Valentine’s Day.

Also had an old GF text today and one other that wants to meet for a drink. She’s very in shape, runner. German. Hmmm. So far so good.
Sprockets likes this.
GWcpa is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 04:51 AM
  #11473  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 987
Default

Originally Posted by GWcpa View Post
I had a good first date tonight after texts and calls.

Date is a CPA about my age, went to same colleges I did, similar interests and appears to be financially independent. Looked better than in pics. Values exercise and fitness as I do.

Not a “10” but neither am I. But great body. She has made it clear she’s financially secure and doesn’t need a man to take care of her. That’s new!

Will be be interesting to see how the week goes and Valentine’s Day.

Also had an old GF text today and one other that wants to meet for a drink. She’s very in shape, runner. German. Hmmm. So far so good.
Just remember: you can always tell a German, but you can’t tell ‘em much.
dpdash likes this.
berrie is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 05:39 AM
  #11474  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Hampton, VA
Posts: 1,206
Default

Originally Posted by berrie View Post


Just remember: you can always tell a German, but you can’t tell ‘em much.
That's for sure! Stubbornest people in the world!

Full disclosure: My mom is 100% German and I am over 50%.
Vitamin_Sea is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 06:39 AM
  #11475  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: TX and Louisiana
Posts: 261
Default

For sure - Ex wife #3 is 100% German, stubborn and tough as nails.

I had a close call last night, was coming back from my place in Louisiana, got a text earlier about meeting up with a girl, I have been out with her a few times before, but no over night etc. Anyway, later as I am driving home, she texts again, and says her friend thinks she is crazy for moving in with me. Now I know she has a SO, and things aren't great between them, hence why I am in the picture, but I do not recall ever extending the offer........ So I think, this HAS to be a test, only explanation. So I prepare accordingly, make sure no other stuff is left out that will start any feelings ( women are always leaving stuff to mark their territory, Ass't left a bra strategically placed last Thursday night for instance ).

She shows up at the house around 630, go to dinner, have not seen her in a few weeks, just catching up, new hair etc. Then I ask her, "So how much stuff did you bring with you tonight, I made a little space in the master closet for you". Look on her face was great - well, I didn't bring anything, it was kind of impromptu, mad at SO, definitely leaving him next month, just wanted to test the waters and make sure your door was open if I needed a safe place etc.

She is seeing this morning if the drive to her office is any worse from where she lives now, so I guess I passed......

I was sure sweating that a bit though, I had other plans this week, with other women, plus Ex and daughter coming Friday for a three day weekend. Was NOT looking forward to the Ex conversation - "yeah I have a new roommate, but she's cool, don't sweat it". LOL, they ALWAYS sweat it!
MikeeBooshay is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 06:55 AM
  #11476  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 150
Default

If she stays at your place won't that mess your game up a little bit?
72barracuda is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 07:16 AM
  #11477  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 0
Default

I am in the same boat VS, my girlfriend thinks Im stubborn as hell. I tell her I can't help it! I m over half German!
Chappy275SSI is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 07:38 AM
  #11478  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: TX and Louisiana
Posts: 261
Default

Originally Posted by 72barracuda View Post
If she stays at your place won't that mess your game up a little bit?
Yes, it will, but its getting a little ...... unsatisfying.

She's a pretty decent catch for the short term, has her own money, very nice car, hot, sexy smart, not a lot of negatives other than she is wanting an emotional partner to grab onto before she leaves the guy she's with now. If she ditches him, she will me too, eventually.

On the plus side, she travels as much as I do for work, and I have learned that having someone with me 24/7, doesn't work well for me. Too much togetherness!
MikeeBooshay is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 07:29 AM
  #11479  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Ocean City, MD.
Posts: 1,285
Default

Originally Posted by MikeeBooshay View Post
Yes, it will, but its getting a little ...... unsatisfying.

She's a pretty decent catch for the short term, has her own money, very nice car, hot, sexy smart, not a lot of negatives other than she is wanting an emotional partner to grab onto before she leaves the guy she's with now. If she ditches him, she will me too, eventually.

On the plus side, she travels as much as I do for work, and I have learned that having someone with me 24/7, doesn't work well for me. Too much togetherness!

MB,
Go for the 'transitional poke". She surely is 'transitioning'!
mdman352 is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 01:46 PM
  #11480  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: TX and Louisiana
Posts: 261
Default

She's out of town until Friday, so I'll have to amuse myself otherwise I suppose. Had a nice dinner last night with PR/advertising girl, about 32, very very sexy. Wants to go to Louisiana with me next time I go, thinking about that.

Ass't coming over tomorrow night, I will tell her I almost had a move in moment, and see what kind of reaction that gets. Tonight, I HAVE to take down the Christmas tree, I got most of it, but just need to get it out!
MikeeBooshay is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread