Notices
Like Tree1327Likes

Adventures in Online Dating

Old 02-13-2013, 03:57 AM
  #2041  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bermuda
Posts: 892
Default

Good spring wahoo run in April in Bermuda
edale99 is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 05:26 AM
  #2042  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Orlando / Ponce Inlet
Posts: 3,763
Default

We're going to be on a cruise ship in GC - staying with one of her friends in Bermuda.

It was funny - she slept over last night- we were having some coffee this morning and she came on TV... I looked at her and all I said (very classy I know) was "Holy shit.... I totally banged that chick last night... good for me!"

One more week and the new to me sled goes into upholstery. From there it's either back to SeaBob for another C80 monitor or to the coast. Dont know yet.

As far as everything else goes - it's good. There has been the self realization that I still have some hang ups related to my divorce and the way things went down - mainly some trust issues but nothing that is overwhelmningly uncontrollable. At times the whole thing still seems so surreal... what's even more interesting is that I really don't regret the things that happened - and I am amazed at what life is like without constantly having to entertain, support, coddle, babysit the ex...

I'm not sure if I filled you all in - but I quit drinking for the month of January... just to make sure. Being on a bender since last June had been tough. It went about as well as expected. Rough couple of days but after that I just realized that I was drinking too much and that I don't NEED it. Hell - I barely even want to now.. makes me feel better. Not to say that now I don't have a couple of drinks here and there - but much less than I did. What was "automatic" has become voluntary. Nice change from what had become the norm.

Pictures, man.... I need to get some pictures for you all.
Blue Chip is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 05:37 AM
  #2043  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: holdem and beatem beach
Posts: 641
Default

Pictures. Please!
extreme1018 is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 05:40 AM
  #2044  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,201
Default

I read this entire thread last night. Really interesting to hear from everybody, and some good laughs along the way. Glad things are working out for you! Now if i can just figue out what to do about my girlfriend of 2.5 years.....
N2theblue is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 05:50 AM
  #2045  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 2,660
Default

Originally Posted by N2theblue View Post
I read this entire thread last night. Really interesting to hear from everybody, and some good laughs along the way. Glad things are working out for you! Now if i can just figue out what to do about my girlfriend of 2.5 years.....
If you're having to think about it....go back and read the entire thread. Turns out...thoughts are what endings are for. When you don't have to think about it, you've probably found the right one.
NCcarguy is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 06:02 AM
  #2046  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,201
Default

Yeah just always in the back of my mind that maybe this is the best I'll ever get, and I don't want to be alone forever. She's really nice and loves me like crazy, but she's in a totally different place (i'm working in the real world) she's in school and 2 years at least away from the "real world". I also feel like I got manipulated into some things. I'll hopefully figure it out by summer and will either be stuck or chasing tourist tail from may till September haha.
N2theblue is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 06:07 AM
  #2047  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 11,185
Default

Originally Posted by N2theblue View Post
Yeah just always in the back of my mind that maybe this is the best I'll ever get, and I don't want to be alone forever. She's really nice and loves me like crazy, but she's in a totally different place (i'm working in the real world) she's in school and 2 years at least away from the "real world". I also feel like I got manipulated into some things. I'll hopefully figure it out by summer and will either be stuck or chasing tourist tail from may till September haha.
If youre looking for advice from this crowd then we're gonna need pictures in order to make a fair assessment of your situation.
BlueRudy is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 06:11 AM
  #2048  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,201
Default

I'm on my phone. Maybe this weekend. Not really looking for advice more talking out loud to myself (which this thread seems to be good for)
N2theblue is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 06:16 AM
  #2049  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Central Florida
Posts: 11,185
Default

Originally Posted by N2theblue View Post
I'm on my phone. Maybe this weekend. Not really looking for advice more talking out loud to myself (which this thread seems to be good for)
Its all good as long as you dont start answering yourself. We'll still need those pics though
BlueRudy is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 06:22 AM
  #2050  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: PA & VA
Posts: 1,154
Default

Sounds good BC. Isn't it great what the right influence can do? Go Roos!
KarlS is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 06:50 AM
  #2051  
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Posts: 641
Default

I did the month long sober trip last year. It was eye opening. Good for you for reevaluating.

And we're gonna need some pics of Roos soon.
Big Island Lifer is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 09:50 AM
  #2052  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,691
Default

Originally Posted by Blue Chip View Post
I'm not sure if I filled you all in - but I quit drinking for the month of January... just to make sure. Being on a bender since last June had been tough. It went about as well as expected. Rough couple of days but after that I just realized that I was drinking too much and that I don't NEED it. Hell - I barely even want to now.. makes me feel better. Not to say that now I don't have a couple of drinks here and there - but much less than I did. What was "automatic" has become voluntary. Nice change from what had become the norm.
I was hitting it pretty hard years ago and realized I needed a break so I did the same thing. I realized a few thngs: 1) My friends are complete assholes when they are drunk (which was most of the time), 2) I was spending a ridiculous amouont of money on alcohol out at bars each weekend, and 3) my wife (now ex-) really has a drinking problem. I went back to drinking socially, but cut way back. Any more than two in one sitting and I fel like crap the next day. Sucks getting older...
louiefl is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 10:42 AM
  #2053  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Orlando / Ponce Inlet
Posts: 3,763
Default

Originally Posted by louiefl View Post
I was hitting it pretty hard years ago and realized I needed a break so I did the same thing. I realized a few thngs: 1) My friends are complete assholes when they are drunk (which was most of the time), 2) I was spending a ridiculous amouont of money on alcohol out at bars each weekend, and 3) my wife (now ex-) really has a drinking problem. I went back to drinking socially, but cut way back. Any more than two in one sitting and I fel like crap the next day. Sucks getting older...
Hell - I realized that I don't know if I can be friends with one of my friends. I didn't realize what an asshole he had become...
Blue Chip is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 10:50 AM
  #2054  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,276
Default

Do you wonder if Roos notices a difference in the dry you, and does she like it?
txj33p is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 11:12 AM
  #2055  
Senior Member
 
DJWILLIAMS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eastern, NC
Posts: 5,124
Default

Chip,

You gotta give us some clues as to what she does on TV.... we need pics!!!
DJWILLIAMS is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 01:26 PM
  #2056  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: holdem and beatem beach
Posts: 641
Default

Ok blue... how about some pics in the sandbar?
extreme1018 is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 02:02 PM
  #2057  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 2,028
Default

I had to quit 12 years ago. I never could get the hang of moderate drinking. I can easily drink zero. I can easily drink 12. It's those-in-between numbers that were difficult for me. A few months before I quit, I pulled out my bank statements and tried to estimate what I was spending on alcohol. For the two months that I tallied up, I was spending around $650 a month on booze. $22 a day doesn't sound bad...$650 a month sounds terrible, to me at least. I also got popped for a DUI which was the final straw that made me decide to just quit. For me, life got much better really fast. Still had to deal with the DUI thing, but I felt a lot better about myself. Anyway, sorry to get off track. I have a mental picture of Roos, and she's really pretty. Can't wait to see what she reallly looks like.
SurfFishLife is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 02:14 PM
  #2058  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 322
Default

Originally Posted by Blue Chip View Post
Hell - I realized that I don't know if I can be friends with one of my friends. I didn't realize what an asshole he had become...
Damn. That sucks, but better to know from a sober perspective.
ryanwhit is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 02:32 PM
  #2059  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,201
Default

Originally Posted by extreme1018 View Post
Ok blue... how about some pics in the sandbar?
Don't have any, or access to that forum even if i did
N2theblue is offline  
Old 02-13-2013, 03:02 PM
  #2060  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 404
Default

When I quit deinking several of my "friends" disappeared. lol Turns out the only thing we had in common was drinking.
convertible13 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread