The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum (https://www.thehulltruth.com/index.php)
-   Dockside Chat (https://www.thehulltruth.com/dockside-chat-18/)
-   -   Well, we're packing up. (https://www.thehulltruth.com/dockside-chat/449987-well-were-packing-up.html)

Booker 08-26-2012 07:11 PM

Well, we're packing up.
 
http://icons-ak.wunderground.com/dat...01209_5day.gif

I'm a little bit gun-shy after Katrina. I don't know where we're going, but I know we're going.

240 LTS 08-26-2012 07:15 PM

Good luck, be safe.
If you make it to MD, you can stay here.


.

gumpire 08-26-2012 07:18 PM

Gl, looks like are getting lucky again..Sarasota, fl

TheRealMacGyver 08-26-2012 07:22 PM

I would do the same. NO is not looking good right now. Stay safe.

Booker 08-26-2012 07:24 PM


Originally Posted by 240 LTS (Post 4880096)
Good luck, be safe.
If you make it to MD, you can stay here.


.

I appreciate the generous offer. And I'm serious about that.

Hopefully it won't get to that. It's just so damn hard to tell right now.

ScarabChris 08-26-2012 07:31 PM

Isn't is supposed to make landfall on the 7 year anniversary? August 29th?

Crazy stuff, yeah I think I would pack it up too. Hopefully it makes a turn to the west and hits a lightly populated area of Mexico.

Garett 08-26-2012 07:34 PM

:roll :nono:

Booker 08-26-2012 07:56 PM


Originally Posted by Garett (Post 4880134)
:roll :nono:

What is that supposed to mean?

swampu 08-26-2012 07:59 PM

I think Garett is talking about bringing up bad mojo using reference to said storm that was back in 05'

TheRealMacGyver 08-26-2012 08:01 PM


Originally Posted by Booker (Post 4880187)
What is that supposed to mean?

Maybe he wanted it to come to Canada instead? I didn't get it either!

N.O. is not looking good and they just said there is a high/low??? pressure are that will pull it north to northeast at some point so you can't count on it moving farther west. I think I would go west.

Booker 08-26-2012 08:05 PM


Originally Posted by ScarabChris (Post 4880130)
Isn't is supposed to make landfall on the 7 year anniversary? August 29th?

Crazy stuff, yeah I think I would pack it up too. Hopefully it makes a turn to the west and hits a lightly populated area of Mexico.

Honestly, that's a best case scenario. It will give those folks some relief from drought. In the mid-west, too.

Booker 08-26-2012 08:10 PM


Originally Posted by TheRealMacGyver (Post 4880200)
Maybe he wanted it to come to Canada instead? I didn't get it either!

N.O. is not looking good and they just said there is a high/low??? pressure are that will pull it north to northeast at some point so you can't count on it moving farther west. I think I would go west.

If it keeps trending west, going west makes me real nervous. I think we may light out for atlanta tomorrow night.

We'll drive all night, but it's better than getting into contra-flow on tuesday. Everybody has to work tomorrow. Tuesday is when they will start moving. Tomorrow is the day to jump.

bellsisland 08-26-2012 08:13 PM

Come on to Charleston you can hang here I have plenty of beer! Be Careful!

Booker 08-26-2012 08:18 PM


Originally Posted by bellsisland (Post 4880225)
Come on to Charleston you can hang here I have plenty of beer! Be Careful!

I appreciate that.

captain nate 08-26-2012 08:19 PM

i wanna go on record and predict western Louisianan.

Shamus O'toole 08-26-2012 08:48 PM

Good luck and thinking about you all in the northern gulf coast!

CaptKennyW 08-26-2012 09:03 PM

You are probably doing the right thing. I would imagine after the chaos of the last storm anyone with a brain cell would be getting the hell out of there.

Because Boat 08-27-2012 09:46 AM

Just canceled my reservations for the Bar Investigators conference in N.O. Good thing I didn't buy my airfare yet.

TV2EBoogaloo 08-27-2012 09:48 AM

Houston is building a massive blockade on I-10 East :)

DoubleO7 08-27-2012 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
So has the Mayor of New Orleans ordered all school buses to stay in the storage lot yet?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.9.3.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.