Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Colonoscopy tomorrow...... WooHoo

Notices

Colonoscopy tomorrow...... WooHoo

Old 04-15-2012, 08:36 AM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South East Pa
Posts: 9,342
Default Colonoscopy tomorrow...... WooHoo

21 hours away from my 1st colonoscopy and all I can think about is how hungry I already am. Last meal was 7pm Saturday night. Moviprep starts at 6 pm today with another batch at 2:30 am Monday morning
Its going to be a long day
FASTFJR is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 08:43 AM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: CT
Posts: 18,361
Default

Once you get past the pink crap the rest is easy.
LI Sound Grunt is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 08:59 AM
  #3  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: st augustine fl
Posts: 7,229
Default

Call the local water treatment plant and give them a "heads up".....
slickster is online now  
Old 04-15-2012, 09:08 AM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South East Pa
Posts: 9,342
Default

Originally Posted by slickster View Post
Call the local water treatment plant and give them a "heads up".....
FASTFJR is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 02:01 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: englewood, florida
Posts: 5,329
Default

enjoy....the procedure is nothing...the prep is hell on earth...
bladenbullet is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 02:05 PM
  #6  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: West Carolina
Posts: 21,938
Default

I watched my last one. I think they wished they had knocked me out because I think I was "helping". Anyway, relish in the magafarts after. It's not often that you can cut em like that especially with ladies in the room who are wanting you to fart.
Shag is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 02:19 PM
  #7  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South East Pa
Posts: 9,342
Default

Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
enjoy....the procedure is nothing...the prep is hell on earth...
OMG.......This Moviprep crap is the worst stuff I've ever tasted.

Its also extremely fast acting (60min). Unbelievable how something can shoot thru your system so fast. Reminds me when I had food poisoning.

Last edited by FASTFJR; 04-15-2012 at 02:44 PM.
FASTFJR is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 02:43 PM
  #8  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Schmaltz~Herring's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Cruising Lake Titikacka On My 18' Bayliner Element With 60 HP Optimax's
Posts: 17,349
Default

I did'nt think you had to fast for 48 hours prior, I'm on the table next week.
Schmaltz~Herring is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 03:00 PM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South East Pa
Posts: 9,342
Default

Originally Posted by Schmaltz~Herring View Post
I did'nt think you had to fast for 48 hours prior, I'm on the table next week.
Mine is for 8:30am on Monday. My written and verbal instructions were not to eat anything past 7pm on Saturday. I can have all the clear liquids I want, but need to stop anything with sugar at 4pm Sunday.
FASTFJR is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 03:33 PM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh/Southport, NC
Posts: 4,511
Default

Originally Posted by FASTFJR View Post
OMG.......This Moviprep crap is the worst stuff I've ever tasted.

Its also extremely fast acting (60min). Unbelievable how something can shoot thru your system so fast. Reminds me when I had food poisoning.
Just wait until you start crapping clear! I'm getting another routine one done on Wednesday. If they give you a choice on anesthesia, go for the knockout -- there is NOTHING about that procedure that you will want to remember.
jcbadabing is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 03:34 PM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Puget Sound
Posts: 869
Default

Originally Posted by Shag View Post
I watched my last one. I think they wished they had knocked me out because I think I was "helping". Anyway, relish in the magafarts after. It's not often that you can cut em like that especially with ladies in the room who are wanting you to fart.

Do you think that people going to nurse school aspire to be a fart nurse?
finadict is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 03:43 PM
  #12  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South East Pa
Posts: 9,342
Default

Originally Posted by jcbadabing View Post
Just wait until you start crapping clear! I'm getting another routine one done on Wednesday. If they give you a choice on anesthesia, go for the knockout -- there is NOTHING about that procedure that you will want to remember.
Yea, I already know I'll fully knocked out (Propofol). The trick is when to leave the toilet? I should have weighed myself before getting in here Every time I think I'm done........I'm not.
FASTFJR is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 03:45 PM
  #13  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downeast, North Carolina
Posts: 6,131
Default

My GF took me to my last one. I guess the doctor was in a hurry and didn't want to wait till I woke up, so he reported to my GF. He did an explicit explanation, including a complete video of what the camera saw.

What I can't figure out is, she has seen me inside and out and still doesn't understand me!

davedowneast is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 03:49 PM
  #14  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downeast, North Carolina
Posts: 6,131
Default

Originally Posted by FASTFJR View Post
Yea, I already know I'll fully knocked out (Propofol). The trick is when to leave the toilet? I should have weighed myself before getting in here Every time I think I'm done........I'm not.
You're not done!

I was lucky. I knew from the time that cold sweat came over me, I had 5.5 seconds to be sitting on the throne.
davedowneast is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 03:52 PM
  #15  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Davie / Islamorada
Posts: 12,265
Default

100, 99, 98,97,............... out cold......

I had a endoscopy last year... Guess its the same thing just from the other end ... LOL

Good Luck
triplenet is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 03:58 PM
  #16  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South East Pa
Posts: 9,342
Default

Originally Posted by davedowneast View Post
You're not done!

I was lucky. I knew from the time that cold sweat came over me, I had 5.5 seconds to be sitting on the throne.


I keep reading these nightmare reports about people getting sick, fever etc.... besides the taste so far so good. A little cramping but thats it..........so far
FASTFJR is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 04:07 PM
  #17  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: MA and ME
Posts: 16,795
Default

I'm due this year. PE is next month and I just know what orders she is going to write.


At this time there is no need for anyone to post the caption "This thread is useless with out pictures".
Mist-Rest is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 04:14 PM
  #18  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh/Southport, NC
Posts: 4,511
Default

Originally Posted by FASTFJR View Post
The trick is when to leave the toilet? I should have weighed myself before getting in here Every time I think I'm done........I'm not.
Just bring yer laptop in there, it will save you trips!
jcbadabing is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 04:40 PM
  #19  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Birmingham / Hessel, MI
Posts: 26,971
Default

Originally Posted by Mist-Rest View Post
I'm due this year. PE is next month and I just know what orders she is going to write.


At this time there is no need for anyone to post the caption "This thread is useless with out pictures".
Although audio might be funny.

We could have a contest.

"Excuse me, nurse?"
cedarholm is offline  
Old 04-15-2012, 04:45 PM
  #20  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downeast, North Carolina
Posts: 6,131
Default

Originally Posted by triplenet View Post

I had a endoscopy last year... Guess its the same thing just from the other end ... LOL
I had an Endoscopy the week before the Colonoscopy. No, they won't do both at the same time and they don't have a sense of humor either.

I told them people told me I was always talkin shit. Nope, not even a smile.
davedowneast is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread