Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Dockside Chat should be named Gun Forum

Notices

Dockside Chat should be named Gun Forum

Old 03-08-2012, 06:04 AM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Puerto Pensaco Mexico, just south of Rock Point
Posts: 11,530
Default

Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
Better yet, The Police hating forum...

UP yours!

hehe

You ain't dun nothin to me yet...
lobstercatcher is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 06:09 AM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Puerto Pensaco Mexico, just south of Rock Point
Posts: 11,530
Default

Hey.. can I sqeeze in a gun subject for a minute

I seem to like Beretta 92fs guns and its different versions. It seems nobody else does. Is there any real reason why nobody likes them. Other than they are 9mm?
lobstercatcher is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 06:12 AM
  #23  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downeast, North Carolina
Posts: 6,131
Default

Originally Posted by THT Mod 2 View Post
Here is my suggestion - for every new forum created, and old hardly used one gets removed.

Really, we can only have so many forums on the main page.
There are too many Forums and I only go to a few, many I'm just lazy.

But, what was recommended was renaming this forum due to the proliferation of gun talk.

I suppose we'll have a complaint when it's growing season and someone post a picture of their matters. Or maybe Wendy will post a picture of her ..................................













garden.
davedowneast is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 06:15 AM
  #24  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hobe Sound, Fl
Posts: 4,254
Default

So I propose the new logo of the dockside chat be this..........








Just doing my part by kicking the hornets nest....
Attached Images  
Mersiles is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 06:17 AM
  #25  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Puerto Pensaco Mexico, just south of Rock Point
Posts: 11,530
Default

Originally Posted by davedowneast View Post
There are too many Forums and I only go to a few, many I'm just lazy.

But, what was recommended was renaming this forum due to the proliferation of gun talk.

I suppose we'll have a complaint when it's growing season and someone post a picture of their matters. Or maybe Wendy will post a picture of her ..................................

garden.
Now that there are no sports talk to clutter up the gun talk , I have to agree that it was a good move to get that crap off dockside. I can scan 60 topics a second faster now!

and hey... I have posted pics of my garden! My name ain't Wendy. got a link?
lobstercatcher is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 07:00 AM
  #26  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 21,831
Default

Originally Posted by lobstercatcher View Post
UP yours!

hehe

You ain't dun nothin to me yet...

I need to move to Jersey apparently I can live like a king there, not do anything and the environment is very PLEASANT...
Cracker is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 07:07 AM
  #27  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: MS gulf coast
Posts: 669
Default

Originally Posted by lobstercatcher View Post
Hey.. can I sqeeze in a gun subject for a minute

I seem to like Beretta 92fs guns and its different versions. It seems nobody else does. Is there any real reason why nobody likes them. Other than they are 9mm?
I don't like the safety on the slide on the Berretta,

Purchased the Taurus version with the safety on the frame.

My .01
rowbear is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 07:09 AM
  #28  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 21,831
Default

Originally Posted by rowbear View Post
I don't like the safety on the slide on the Berretta,

Purchased the Taurus version with the safety on the frame.

My .01
Actually been a Glock guy for 23 years now....dont need no stinkin safety...JUST KEEP THE FIRGIN FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER till ready to shoot
Cracker is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 07:10 AM
  #29  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: MS gulf coast
Posts: 669
Default

Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
I need to move to Jersey apparently I can live like a king there, not do anything and the environment is very PLEASANT...

Are your 20 plus years as a LEO in FL transferable to Joisey'

If so go for it....I hear there is no crime up there.....
rowbear is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 07:15 AM
  #30  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 21,831
Default

Originally Posted by rowbear View Post
Are your 20 plus years as a LEO in FL transferable to Joisey'

If so go for it....I hear there is no crime up there.....
Nah, I have technically retired and can leave whenever I want...I have reached that piont where there is not alot they can do to shake me up... BUT I still enjoy the job and am as active as the rookies...
Cracker is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 07:16 AM
  #31  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island Sound, CT
Posts: 24,449
Default

isn't dockside chat for non-boating related subjects?

I guess if you want one stop shopping the THT can become it.

Why not social pages and call it Faceboat? we can already pm each other.
fichtion is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 07:29 AM
  #32  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Key West
Posts: 11,811
Default

for the record, I'm fine with the way it is. Was even fine with sports topics in here. But instead of changing the name, I figured they could just add another section. There is quite a bit of gun talk on here, so it's not like the section would go unused....unlike the Galati Sales section that hasn't been touched since last year. just sayin'.....
coores14 is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 07:31 AM
  #33  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Hammond, LA
Posts: 17,418
Default

cgrand is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 07:33 AM
  #34  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 1,026
Default

Originally Posted by lobstercatcher View Post
Now that there are no sports talk to clutter up the gun talk ,
good one!
CharlieFoxtrot is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 07:34 AM
  #35  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: MS gulf coast
Posts: 669
Default

Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
Nah, I have technically retired and can leave whenever I want...I have reached that piont where there is not alot they can do to shake me up... BUT I still enjoy the job and am as active as the rookies...

That's fantastic Cracker, didn't really want you to go to Joisey

We need all the experienced level headed LEO's down south..

But your gluck.. err Glock is ... OK..maybe....
rowbear is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 07:36 AM
  #36  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 21,831
Default

Originally Posted by rowbear View Post
That's fantastic Cracker, didn't really want you to go to Joisey

We need all the experienced level headed LEO's down south..

But your gluck.. err Glock is ... OK..maybe....
Cracker is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 07:44 AM
  #37  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Puerto Pensaco Mexico, just south of Rock Point
Posts: 11,530
Default

Originally Posted by rowbear View Post
I don't like the safety on the slide on the Berretta,

Purchased the Taurus version with the safety on the frame.

My .01
Everything about it is right to me so I sold off some of my other stuff because they were awkward to me and then a little confusing once I started using the Beretta a bunch. I thibnk everything is like a 1911 for the most part for usage. Just not as big. I think the 1911 can be customized to be alot more accutare too.
lobstercatcher is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 08:00 AM
  #38  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere in the middle of Michigan
Posts: 10,407
Default

Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
Actually been a Glock guy for 23 years now....dont need no stinkin safety...JUST KEEP THE FIRGIN FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER till ready to shoot
I hear you. I like an automatic that shoots the same as a revolver. No safety to mess with.

Besides, my Glock 19 seems perfect for me- naturally points at the target and inside 10 yards, 10 rounds make 1 ragged hole. I don't ask for better than that.
yarcraft91 is offline  
Old 03-08-2012, 09:12 AM
  #39  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Garett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 24,169
Default

Originally Posted by coores14 View Post
for the record, I'm fine with the way it is. Was even fine with sports topics in here. But instead of changing the name, I figured they could just add another section. There is quite a bit of gun talk on here, so it's not like the section would go unused....unlike the Galati Sales section that hasn't been touched since last year. just sayin'.....
.
Garett is online now  
Old 03-08-2012, 09:20 AM
  #40  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
spraynet 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sanford, FL
Posts: 7,225
Default

I take it Garett is not a gun owner, nor gun aficionado!
spraynet 1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread