Notices

Gave Away a Kimber 1911

Old 03-06-2012, 03:22 PM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: West Carolina
Posts: 21,930
Default Gave Away a Kimber 1911

But, it was a happy time. I told my daughter several years ago if she got her CHP I had a Kimber with her name on it. It's a 4" with the CT grips. She brought me a pistol permit the other day and is scheduled to take the CHP class Thursday. A friend of mine is a level II instructor and is taking the day off to work with my daughter and one other lady.

She stopped by the office today and I went into the safe to retrieve it. It was hard letting it go but it's kinda like giving the wife a fishing rod. I can still use it when I want to. We're going out in the back yard tomorrow afternoon to refresh her on the basics and fire off a few rounds. She's a good clays shooter and has a knack for 1911's but I want to make sure she is fully ready when she starts carrying, even if only at home and in the car.

I don't feel too bad because I have another 1911 coming this Friday. Not a Kimber but still special. Will post pics when I get it.

Forgive the rambling but glad I got to follow thru on a promise made several years ago.
Shag is online now  
Old 03-06-2012, 03:28 PM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Poquoson, VA
Posts: 4,235
Default

Way to go.....
Mardi-Gras is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 03:35 PM
  #3  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 958
Default 45 acp 1911

Nice. I was lucky to get a 45 acp Caspian frame with the serial # 1SPEAKS which is my last name and had it built with the latest and greatest parts currently for the 1911 and will be given to my son who is a border agent who also happened to be born on the same day as me on the 1st of September.
Attached Images  

Last edited by paraman; 03-06-2012 at 03:53 PM.
paraman is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 03:44 PM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 2,447
Default

I have my CCW, does anyone have another 1911 that they wanna give me? Preferably another Kimber Custom TLE II to match my first one
CLang is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 03:46 PM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Houston,Tx,U.S.A
Posts: 11,694
Default

Good Job Dad,

Gabby (my oldest) just got an early Birthday present a Stoger Condor 20GA youth.

She is beaming right now.

John
jtburf is online now  
Old 03-06-2012, 03:50 PM
  #6  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGERPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Struggleville
Posts: 7,525
Default

Bugbuster is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 03:58 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,070
Default

My son can have mine when I'm dead, not saying he won't end up with a 1911 just not my kimber.
notgottaboatyet is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 04:01 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Huntington Beach, Ca.
Posts: 3,523
Default

Got another Colt Gov't model, mint, for $500 from a guy that never shot it and needed the money. Was going to turn it over quick, until I held it... Well, now I have 2 1911's..
c_mccann is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 04:17 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Coral Springs, Fla
Posts: 626
Default

Taking the CWP course then doing the paperwork for the permit. Got my eye on a Les Bauer or Ed Brown carry .45 caliber!
Mac53 is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 05:54 PM
  #10  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 958
Default 1911

I would lean to the Les Baer myself. I shot numerous Les Baer guns and loved them. Ed Brown is a great gun as well. Take a look at this website. My friends owns the company and Jody is a fantastic gunsmith.
http://www.jojosgunworks.com/

paraman


\
Originally Posted by Mac53 View Post
Taking the CWP course then doing the paperwork for the permit. Got my eye on a Les Bauer or Ed Brown carry .45 caliber!
paraman is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 08:25 PM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downeast, North Carolina
Posts: 6,131
Default

I suppose it's too late to adopt me?

I guess when I stop over, I better make sure first that it's you that's home!

Congrats to you and your daughter!
davedowneast is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 10:10 PM
  #12  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Norfolk, Va
Posts: 9,260
Default

Originally Posted by CLang View Post
I have my CCW, does anyone have another 1911 that they wanna give me? Preferably another Kimber Custom TLE II to match my first one
x2 except I want the CDP II Pro.
CaptKennyW is offline  
Old 03-07-2012, 03:27 AM
  #13  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Marathon, FL
Posts: 724
Default

Originally Posted by Mac53 View Post
Taking the CWP course then doing the paperwork for the permit. Got my eye on a Les Bauer or Ed Brown carry .45 caliber!
Les Bauer and Ed Brown both make great guns but take a look at Wilson Combat. My Stealth shoots flawlessly and customer service is outstanding.
TonyNJ is offline  
Old 03-07-2012, 03:48 AM
  #14  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Raleigh & Surf City, NC
Posts: 12,846
Default

baypro21 is offline  
Old 03-07-2012, 05:00 AM
  #15  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: MA and ME
Posts: 16,795
Default

Nice job Shag.
Mist-Rest is offline  
Old 03-07-2012, 11:35 AM
  #16  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: kitty hawk,nc.
Posts: 4,169
Default

I'll give my son the Kimber ultra carry II, when my hands are cold and I'm dead.

Besides, he has his 357 sig to keep him warm for now
jpcanning is offline  
Old 03-07-2012, 11:41 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Laporte, Texas
Posts: 1,560
Default

Originally Posted by jpcanning View Post
I'll give my son the Kimber ultra carry II, when my hands are cold and I'm dead.

Besides, he has his 357 sig to keep him warm for now
I have an Ultra Carry II as well. SWEET gun!!.
Dempsey15 is offline  
Old 03-07-2012, 12:50 PM
  #18  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
PLEDGER
 
HOTSPOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 13,395
Default

Originally Posted by Shag View Post
But, it was a happy time. I told my daughter several years ago if she got her CHP I had a Kimber with her name on it. It's a 4" with the CT grips. She brought me a pistol permit the other day and is scheduled to take the CHP class Thursday. A friend of mine is a level II instructor and is taking the day off to work with my daughter and one other lady.

She stopped by the office today and I went into the safe to retrieve it. It was hard letting it go but it's kinda like giving the wife a fishing rod. I can still use it when I want to. We're going out in the back yard tomorrow afternoon to refresh her on the basics and fire off a few rounds. She's a good clays shooter and has a knack for 1911's but I want to make sure she is fully ready when she starts carrying, even if only at home and in the car.

I don't feel too bad because I have another 1911 coming this Friday. Not a Kimber but still special. Will post pics when I get it.

Forgive the rambling but glad I got to follow thru on a promise made several years ago.

Good job pops!!
HOTSPOT is offline  
Old 03-07-2012, 06:24 PM
  #19  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Marlin009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: West Coast FL
Posts: 14,994
Default

Well done, Sir. Very
Marlin009 is online now  
Old 03-10-2012, 06:53 AM
  #20  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: West Carolina
Posts: 21,930
Default

Welp, she qualified with flying colors. Note to self, don't piss off daughter.


Shag is online now  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread