Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Jeremy Wade from 'River Monsters'. Anybody else here hate him?

Notices

Jeremy Wade from 'River Monsters'. Anybody else here hate him?

Old 03-03-2012, 05:21 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Luling Louisiana
Posts: 1,309
Default Jeremy Wade from 'River Monsters'. Anybody else here hate him?

I do. I watch the show on Netflix and more often than not he does something to 'tick' me off. The most unforgiving thing is when he is fishing for a 'Monster' that has killed children in the nearby village and he catches it.......then releases it. WHAT THE !!!! This thing is suspected to have killed children. Don't release it. For dam sure don't release in the waters that will allow it to hunt more children of the village again. He is a jackwad.

Imagine someone coming into your yard to catch this huge rattlesnake that has been terrorizing the neighborhood. No problem right. Well he catches it, measures it, takes pictures with it, profits from making a film of it and then releases it back into your yard to bite your children, pets, and YOU.


sorry for ranting on you all......thats terrible, I just got here.
Nasty Wendy is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 05:42 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,575
Default

I think the only one I come close to hating is pelosi, her boss makes me sick but she makes me just really get upset
Gator56 is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 05:57 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,907
Default

Yep the build up to the commercial ruins the drama queen antics.
alligatorgar is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 06:00 PM
  #4  
Senior MemberPLEDGERPLEDGERCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ATL & SAV
Posts: 12,247
Default

It is a rather boring production .... and I say this as a fisherman that yearns to watch fishing shows 24/7.
Tireless is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 06:25 PM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
fireisland1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4,117
Default

it is a little boring but also informative. he catches some real ugly fish. It would be better if it was a5 minute show
fireisland1 is offline  
Old 03-03-2012, 06:40 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: StayAway Street
Posts: 188
Default

Jeremy Wade is dull as dog do-do

on the flipside Robson Green is bloody hilarious
he got the best fishing show on TV



.
Andy Cleve is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 06:42 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Luling Louisiana
Posts: 1,309
Default

Last night I watched one where this guy had a fish swim up his pp-hole. That has to hurt. Jeremy seeks out the guy that the story was about and makes him relive the whole thing. Wait he isn't finished yet. Then he takes the guy to a medical facility where they had the actual fish preserved and shows it to him just to see the look on his face. Thats just wrong. How I was hoping one of those fish would swim up his pp-hole. It was some sort of catfish so the poor guy couldn't pull it out himself due to the spines in the fins.
Nasty Wendy is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 09:41 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 9,755
Default

I agree 5 min would be plenty long.
hhi angler is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 12:18 PM
  #9  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: N.E. Florida
Posts: 2,250
Default

I hate it when he looks down the length of his rod, checking to make sure it's straight. Like a pool cue. He needs to sell a couple of those Penn Internationals and use the money for a dentist.

Boooooring. And I'll sit and watch bass fishing all day long.
UnclebobJHC is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 12:22 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Luling Louisiana
Posts: 1,309
Default

Originally Posted by UnclebobJHC View Post
I hate it when he looks down the length of his rod, checking to make sure it's straight. Like a pool cue. He needs to sell a couple of those Penn Internationals and use the money for a dentist.
LOL I'm loving that.

If it weren't for Netflix taking out all the commercials it would be even stupider.
Nasty Wendy is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 12:43 PM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: norfolk
Posts: 295
Default

Originally Posted by Nasty Wendy View Post
I do. I watch the show on Netflix and more often than not he does something to 'tick' me off. The most unforgiving thing is when he is fishing for a 'Monster' that has killed children in the nearby village and he catches it.......then releases it. WHAT THE !!!! This thing is suspected to have killed children. Don't release it. For dam sure don't release in the waters that will allow it to hunt more children of the village again. He is a jackwad.

Imagine someone coming into your yard to catch this huge rattlesnake that has been terrorizing the neighborhood. No problem right. Well he catches it, measures it, takes pictures with it, profits from making a film of it and then releases it back into your yard to bite your children, pets, and YOU.


sorry for ranting on you all......thats terrible, I just got here.

Your kidding me right....this is what your life is man i'm sory your life really sucks people like you are why hundreds of sharks were killed in the 70's and 80's because the thought a fish killed a batch of kids and all of its relatives should be eradicated. If you can positively id the culprit IE your rattlesnake or gator then by all means kill it.

"I hate it when he looks down the length of his rod, checking to make sure it's straight. Like a pool cue." I take it your not a fisherman he is making sure that theyare in alignment so no to put undue pressure on the line causing a premature break off.
kapoc is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 01:21 PM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,962
Default

Dont hate him. Actually learn about some pretty cool and evil fish that I will never see.

Amazon is a pretty harsh environment for man and animals.

I think if he killed the fish he catches, the greenies and tree huggers would be all over his azz.
54bullwinkle is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 01:54 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Luling Louisiana
Posts: 1,309
Default

Originally Posted by kapoc View Post
Your kidding me right....this is what your life is man i'm sory your life really sucks people like you are why hundreds of sharks were killed in the 70's and 80's because the thought a fish killed a batch of kids and all of its relatives should be eradicated. If you can positively id the culprit IE your rattlesnake or gator then by all means kill it.
Mr. Beane you are very wrong about me. My life does not suck. I'm loving it and enjoying every minute of it. Take off your tunnel vision glasses and you'll see that I never suggested simply killing. If you read without predjudice you would see that I do not oppose releasing the catch. I would however relocate the creature in question when human lives are possibly at stake. Some of the fish he catches could feed quite a few of those villagers as well. Furthermore don't blame shidt that I had nothing to do with like the killing of sharks in the 70's and 80's on me or expect me to be OK with saying it was "People like you(me)" who did the dasterdly deed in question. Not cool.
Nasty Wendy is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 02:38 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pembroke Pines, Fl.
Posts: 903
Default

The show SUCKS!!! He is a total moron that villifies every fish that swims. I watched it a couple times thinking it might get better but it doesn't. Last time I saw it he was going after a sawfish that apparently attacked a fisherman, raped his wife and burned down his house LOL. Unfortunately the incident occurred 100 years ago and the fish was no longer around to be dealt with.
redslayer069 is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 03:15 PM
  #15  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 53,965
Default

Originally Posted by kapoc View Post
Your kidding me right....this is what your life is man i'm sory your life really sucks


I was gonna ask why would you go outta your way to get a show on Netflix that you didn't like.

Last edited by A Few Dollars; 03-04-2012 at 03:40 PM.
A Few Dollars is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 03:31 PM
  #16  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: N.E. Florida
Posts: 2,250
Default

Originally Posted by kapoc View Post
"I hate it when he looks down the length of his rod, checking to make sure it's straight. Like a pool cue." I take it your not a fisherman he is making sure that theyare in alignment so no to put undue pressure on the line causing a premature break off.
This thread was about making fun of Jeremy Wade, Nancy. I thought it was funny to see him do that on every show. 45% drama. 40% talking to villagers to get some back story dialogue that happened 50 years ago. 14% checking the gear and getting psyched up. 1% catching fish.

You may stare down your rods before every catch, but I dont think most folks do.

I prefer Adventure Time with Finn and Jake, anyways.
UnclebobJHC is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 03:43 PM
  #17  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Schmaltz~Herring's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Cruising Lake Titikacka On My 18' Bayliner Element With 60 HP Optimax's
Posts: 17,308
Default

SHHHHHHHHH! I hear that monster Mongo fish swimming upriver, the one that has killed 23 of the villages virgins...................but what can we use for bait?

[cut to commercial]
Schmaltz~Herring is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 04:25 PM
  #18  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downeast, North Carolina
Posts: 6,131
Default

Originally Posted by Schmaltz~Herring View Post
SHHHHHHHHH! I hear that monster Mongo fish swimming upriver, the one that has killed 23 of the villages virgins...................but what can we use for bait?

[cut to commercial]


BTW, who is Jeremy Wade? Is this a TV show or some Netflix thing that I don't get?
davedowneast is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 06:10 PM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 674
Default

I find he is rather annoying.seems to me if he can get a show anybody can.
njbassr is offline  
Old 03-04-2012, 06:23 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Luling Louisiana
Posts: 1,309
Default

What is freaking hilarious is when he starts to question if the fish he is after even exists and you can go to just about any public aquarium and see them.

Originally Posted by A Few Dollars View Post


I was gonna ask why would you go outta your way to get a show on Netflix that you didn't like.
I didn't go out of my way. It comes with their streaming service.
Nasty Wendy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread