Notices

Puter Problems... Again

Old 02-27-2012, 05:05 AM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: On The Tenna Sea
Posts: 13,387
Default Puter Problems... Again

Got a driver problem with an error code of 19. Read some info about how to rollback a driver for Windows 7, but I'm not able to as there was only one installed. Tried updating it, but it says it's the latest and greatest. Tried uninstalling it and rebooted the computer, but that didn't help. Tried doing a system restore, but that didn't fix the problem either. Problem being the CD/DVD wont read a disk and says there's not one there when there is.

I'm plumb out of ideas.
Freeebird is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 07:28 AM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Not in Texas
Posts: 10,213
Default

On Win Xp, and hopefully something similar on Win 7, from the Control Panel access the hardware menu. Go to the Device Manager, click on it. Look at the list of hardware devices, find your CD/DVD, click on the [+] to expand it. RIGHT click on the description of your hardware, then select uninstall. This disassociates that piece of hardware with your system. Reboot and it find "new" hardware and look for the driver and reinstall it.

That is for Win Xp. If you can't figure it out for Win 7 maybe someone else here can help you.

Oh, and geez dude, you shoulda got an Apple.
Eyeball is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 07:42 AM
  #3  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: On The Tenna Sea
Posts: 13,387
Default

Originally Posted by Eyeball View Post
On Win Xp, and hopefully something similar on Win 7, from the Control Panel access the hardware menu. Go to the Device Manager, click on it. Look at the list of hardware devices, find your CD/DVD, click on the [+] to expand it. RIGHT click on the description of your hardware, then select uninstall. This disassociates that piece of hardware with your system. Reboot and it find "new" hardware and look for the driver and reinstall it.

That is for Win Xp. If you can't figure it out for Win 7 maybe someone else here can help you.

Oh, and geez dude, you shoulda got an Apple.
Yeah, I picked a Lemon instead.

Tried that procedure already, but it didn't work.
Freeebird is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 09:00 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Texas, y'all.
Posts: 2,900
Default

Might be time for you to just give up computing! Sorry, I couldn't resist.
swifty is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 10:29 AM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northport LI
Posts: 2,529
Default

If you would like, I can remote into your computer and take a look. worked at geek squad for 3 years (ran it for half) now repair computers on the side.

I have a bit of time before i have to get ready for work, also free tomorrow.

Bill
muffinman51432 is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 10:49 AM
  #6  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Not in Texas
Posts: 10,213
Default

Originally Posted by muffinman51432 View Post
If you would like, I can remote into your computer and take a look. worked at geek squad for 3 years (ran it for half) now repair computers on the side.

I have a bit of time before i have to get ready for work, also free tomorrow.

Bill

Don't do it Freeebird -- he's looking to steal the collection of compromising photo of you and those farm animals we keep hearing 'bout.
Eyeball is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 11:25 AM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northport LI
Posts: 2,529
Default

Originally Posted by Eyeball View Post
Don't do it Freeebird -- he's looking to steal the collection of compromising photo of you and those farm animals we keep hearing 'bout.
I have enough pictures of THT members and farm animals =p

Sounds like an upper/lower filter problem
muffinman51432 is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 01:35 PM
  #8  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: On The Tenna Sea
Posts: 13,387
Default

Originally Posted by swifty View Post
Might be time for you to just give up computing! Sorry, I couldn't resist.
722 posts in 8 years and this is what I get?
Freeebird is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 01:37 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Inside a storm cloud
Posts: 5,722
Default

I'm surprised one of the mac lovers hasn't jumped in here yet.....
Ntrain2k is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 01:38 PM
  #10  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: On The Tenna Sea
Posts: 13,387
Default

Originally Posted by muffinman51432 View Post
If you would like, I can remote into your computer and take a look. worked at geek squad for 3 years (ran it for half) now repair computers on the side.

I have a bit of time before i have to get ready for work, also free tomorrow.

Bill
Originally Posted by Eyeball View Post
Don't do it Freeebird -- he's looking to steal the collection of compromising photo of you and those farm animals we keep hearing 'bout.
How do I know he's not a commie spie who'll inflitrate my computer and destroy America as we know it?

I appreciate the offer, Bill, but I'm not even sure how to go about letting you remote control my computer. Last thing I tried was downloading CCleaner and ran it including cleaning the registry. It didn't work.
Freeebird is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 01:40 PM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Amongst the FL fishies
Posts: 6,751
Default

tobackee juice drippin' on your keyboard again.
airbrush is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 01:41 PM
  #12  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: On The Tenna Sea
Posts: 13,387
Default

Originally Posted by Eyeball View Post
On Win Xp, and hopefully something similar on Win 7, from the Control Panel access the hardware menu. Go to the Device Manager, click on it. Look at the list of hardware devices, find your CD/DVD, click on the [+] to expand it. RIGHT click on the description of your hardware, then select uninstall. This disassociates that piece of hardware with your system. Reboot and it find "new" hardware and look for the driver and reinstall it.

That is for Win Xp. If you can't figure it out for Win 7 maybe someone else here can help you.

Oh, and geez dude, you shoulda got an Apple.
Originally Posted by Ntrain2k View Post
I'm surprised one of the mac lovers hasn't jumped in here yet.....
Missed this one did ya?

Hell, I'm having to hot link smilies on here.
Freeebird is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 01:48 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Inside a storm cloud
Posts: 5,722
Default

Well crap.

Looks like I did.

lol
Ntrain2k is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 01:48 PM
  #14  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 7,961
Default

I dn't have any suggestins for yu.

Gd luck.

Last edited by t3rockhall; 02-27-2012 at 04:17 PM.
t3rockhall is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 04:15 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Texas, y'all.
Posts: 2,900
Default

Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
722 posts in 8 years and this is what I get?
LOL! Yes Sir, that's all I got.

Seriously though good luck!
swifty is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 05:07 PM
  #16  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island Sound, CT
Posts: 24,448
Default

Bird you got to start using conmputers at the local library.

How's that saying go if ir weren't for bad luck you'd have no luck? Atleast when it comes to technology.

Either that or you eff with settings and such that you have no clue about and can't put it back.

Sorry bro.
fichtion is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 05:07 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Inside a storm cloud
Posts: 5,722
Default

Is it an IDE or an SATA drive?

In either case, uninstall the controller from the device manager and then reboot and let them reinstall.

Highlighted below.
Attached Images  
Ntrain2k is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 06:09 PM
  #18  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: On The Tenna Sea
Posts: 13,387
Default

Originally Posted by fichtion View Post
Bird you got to start using conmputers at the local library.

How's that saying go if ir weren't for bad luck you'd have no luck? Atleast when it comes to technology.

Either that or you eff with settings and such that you have no clue about and can't put it back.

Sorry bro.
Nah man, the only buttons I push are attached to some folks on the receiving end of my computer.

Hey, at least the smileys are working now.
Freeebird is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 06:12 PM
  #19  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: On The Tenna Sea
Posts: 13,387
Default

Originally Posted by Ntrain2k View Post
Is it an IDE or an SATA drive?

In either case, uninstall the controller from the device manager and then reboot and let them reinstall.

Highlighted below.
I'd have to look to see if it's IDE or SATA... whatever the hell that is. My problem is the driver for the CD ROM thingy according to what the device manager testing tells me. I'm thinking I'm just going to take this thing to a geek and let him/her/it work their magic.
Freeebird is offline  
Old 02-27-2012, 09:15 PM
  #20  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northport LI
Posts: 2,529
Default

Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
I'd have to look to see if it's IDE or SATA... whatever the hell that is. My problem is the driver for the CD ROM thingy according to what the device manager testing tells me. I'm thinking I'm just going to take this thing to a geek and let him/her/it work their magic.
Take you 2 minutes via phone or PM for me to give you instructions to remote in.

I've done it for a few members of Stripersonline.com and have references. (free of charge as i'll be bored on my last day of vacation tomorrow..
muffinman51432 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread