Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

pic of teacher napping get kid suspened

Notices

pic of teacher napping get kid suspened

Old 01-26-2012, 10:40 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Peoples Republic of New Jersey
Posts: 6,783
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default pic of teacher napping get kid suspened

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/26...nt-suspension/


U.S. - US
Picture of sleeping substitute teacher reportedly nets student suspension

Published January 26, 2012



A substitute teacher's nap in an Oklahoma classroom has reportedly led to a rude awakening for one student.

Mustang Public Schools officials said a ninth-grader who snapped a cellphone photograph of a snoozing substitute teacher last Friday at Mustang Mid-High School was suspended following the incident, a move not sitting with some parents, KOCO.com reports.

"If anything, they should have been reprimanded for having a phone, but they probably took it to an extreme because they caught a teacher doing something they weren't supposed to be doing," Steven Graulich told the website.

District officials declined to discuss potential disciplinary action against any student or staff member. Officials noted district policy that allows a student to possess a "telecommunications device" while on school premises, but prohibits students from using those devices during the school day.

Calls to district officials by FoxNews.com were not immediately returned on Thursday.

School officials told the website they will take appropriate action regarding the unidentified substitute teacher.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/26...#ixzz1kaTdYdIA
Old 01-26-2012, 10:47 AM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: englewood, florida
Posts: 5,528
Received 439 Likes on 295 Posts
Default

i dont believe he used a telecommunications device in school....he used a camera...although the 2 share a common body the functions are seperate...i am guessing a lawyer may use this to push for disciplinary action being dropped and the student cleared while there may be a demand for disciplinary action against the teacher...
Old 01-26-2012, 10:47 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Texas, y'all.
Posts: 2,900
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 1 Post
Default

That is total BS for the teacher\school to get upset. Kudos to the kiddo!
Old 01-26-2012, 10:48 AM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: West Carolina
Posts: 21,953
Likes: 0
Received 1,558 Likes on 845 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jerseysportfisher View Post
but prohibits students from using those devices during the school day.

Nuff said. But, I bet mommy and daddy will be raising hell at the school because little johnnie can do no wrong.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:58 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mechanicsville, MD
Posts: 259
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I am sure the school feels like if they do not take action against the kid than the remaining students will feel as if they can have their phones on all day as well. Plus if the kid is not a consistent trouble maker what is the most they will suspend him for 1 day? So what stay home and clean the house, but if he has a record of being in trouble he could get suspended for up to a week maybe.

But just because the kid broke the rules does not mean the school needs to steer away from the teacher who "fell" asleep while he or she was supposed to be teaching a class. Who the F can you trust these days?
Old 01-26-2012, 12:08 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Peoples Republic of New Jersey
Posts: 6,783
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Shag View Post
Nuff said. But, I bet mommy and daddy will be raising hell at the school because little johnnie can do no wrong.
so its OK for the teacher to nap it up, Thats OK, the union will clean it up and the teacher will get paid administrative leave, or sit in the infamous rubber room. More burden on the taxpayer in the end
Old 01-26-2012, 12:13 PM
  #7  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Eutawville,SC
Posts: 128
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Can the teacher take pictures of sleeping students to use for discpline? I think it's time we make the students follow the rules so teachers can teach again and not just babysit little johnny.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:18 PM
  #8  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: West Carolina
Posts: 21,953
Likes: 0
Received 1,558 Likes on 845 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jerseysportfisher View Post
so its OK for the teacher to nap it up,
Where did I say that? I said little Johnnie was breaking the rules. I don't recall saying that the teacher was right. ??? ;?
Old 01-26-2012, 12:37 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,434
Likes: 0
Received 415 Likes on 241 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
i dont believe he used a telecommunications device in school....he used a camera...although the 2 share a common body the functions are seperate...i am guessing a lawyer may use this to push for disciplinary action being dropped and the student cleared while there may be a demand for disciplinary action against the teacher...
If this thing has to go far enough to require a lawyer you will know the school system has gone all the way into the crapper. We are talking about a 9th grader possibly getting suspended and a teacher that is sleeping on the tax payer's dime instead of teaching.

If this were my kid I would be in the Principle's office shortly after the incident. The conversation wouldn't start out talking about cell phone cameras. I would be asking him why the teacher was asleep instead of teaching and supervising the students. How many other of his teachers are sleeping instead of teaching? If he suspended my kid he would be fending off the cameras from a whistle blower news crew the following day. The Principle should know that funding is tight and schools are getting shut down. A bad rap like that would make your school an easy target. That means no more job for him. They should settle on detention for the kid that broke the rule and a suspension for the teacher. Something that won't effect the kid's college application and gets the message out to other slack teachers. I think you can still make that happen without lawyers.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:46 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 10,223
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Kids not right (depending on school policy) but he made his/her point and for that I pat them on the back, WTF is the teacher doing sleeping in class?

Where's the crack down on the teacher? And let’s face it, if the teacher hadn't been asleep at the wheel the kid wouldn't have taken any pictures. One provoked the other, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, in this case a photo!
Old 01-26-2012, 12:46 PM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
PLEDGERPLEDGERPLEDGERPLEDGER
 
Snapper Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Republic of West Florida - the ORIGINAL lone star state
Posts: 17,806
Received 1,073 Likes on 476 Posts
Default

Both of them should be shot.


Big Al
Old 01-26-2012, 12:51 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bright Side of the Moon
Posts: 3,593
Received 677 Likes on 381 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Santee vip View Post
Can the teacher take pictures of sleeping students to use for discpline? I think it's time we make the students follow the rules so teachers can teach again and not just babysit little johnny.
This particular teacher wasn't teaching he or she was sleeping and getting payed for it. Little Johnny took a photograph of the teacher in question he was not communicating with anyone.
If your a teacher and feel your only purpose is to babysit then its time to find another occupation
Old 01-26-2012, 12:57 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Savannah, Ga
Posts: 588
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Was the teacher napping during class or was it during a planning period when the students werent in there?

I dont care either way, just curious. If it was my kid, I'd beat him for having his phone in school anyway.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:10 PM
  #14  
inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 101,372
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Blythe1022 View Post
If this thing has to go far enough to require a lawyer you will know the school system has gone all the way into the crapper. We are talking about a 9th grader possibly getting suspended and a teacher that is sleeping on the tax payer's dime instead of teaching.

If this were my kid I would be in the Principle's office shortly after the incident. The conversation wouldn't start out talking about cell phone cameras. I would be asking him why the teacher was asleep instead of teaching and supervising the students. How many other of his teachers are sleeping instead of teaching? If he suspended my kid he would be fending off the cameras from a whistle blower news crew the following day. The Principle should know that funding is tight and schools are getting shut down. A bad rap like that would make your school an easy target. That means no more job for him. They should settle on detention for the kid that broke the rule and a suspension for the teacher. Something that won't effect the kid's college application and gets the message out to other slack teachers. I think you can still make that happen without lawyers.
The teacher in question is a substitute. They should be removed from the substitute list (essentially terminated) and the suspension of the student should stand.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:19 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Texas, y'all.
Posts: 2,900
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 1 Post
Default

How can you guys defend the worthless sleeping substitute? ;?

She needs to be fired on the spot. She's a thief. Plane and simple. Sleeping on the clock is only allowed by government workers.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:22 PM
  #16  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lander, Wyoming USA
Posts: 2,291
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

What makes you think that teachers aren't government workers??????
Old 01-26-2012, 02:01 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Texas, y'all.
Posts: 2,900
Likes: 0
Received 14 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by JALICHTY View Post
What makes you think that teachers aren't government workers??????
Kind of my point...hence my ending with a smiley.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:17 PM
  #18  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chapel Hill and PKS, North Carolina
Posts: 6,900
Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts
Default

So, if he saw a teacher sexually abusing a mentally handicapped 9 year old, and knew it would be his word against their's, should he take the picture, or follow the rules?
Old 01-26-2012, 02:24 PM
  #19  
CMP
Admirals ClubCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: None of yer friggin' bidness, but since you asked nicely, S. NH, E. Orleans,Islamorada, Nashville
Posts: 10,928
Likes: 0
Received 62 Likes on 42 Posts
Default

typical reaction to criticism by a public sector union hackery...

CMP
Old 01-26-2012, 02:39 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St. Charles, MO
Posts: 362
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Snapper Head View Post
Both of them should be shot.


Big Al
Take it easy Al, it's not like one of them stole a waverunner

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.