Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Looks like a change for Dolphins

Notices

Looks like a change for Dolphins

Old 12-12-2011, 01:22 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ft Lauderdale Fl
Posts: 5,997
Default Looks like a change for Dolphins

Looks like Sparano is out of a job. This could be a good start but by no means is this going to fix the problems with Miami.
bumster is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 01:25 PM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 53,965
Default

We gave y'all Reggie.
A Few Dollars is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 01:27 PM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montrose, AL
Posts: 2,547
Default

I fear we may be giving them the The Mad Hatter as well. Just sayin'.
camnbo is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 01:30 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ft Lauderdale Fl
Posts: 5,997
Default

Looks like more changes in the front office as well. New VP of Football ops and pretty boy Ireland is going to be used "in some capacity". Now all we need is a real head coach and maybe a QB. Im not sure about the QB position since I have no faith in AL playing here.
bumster is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 01:31 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: one bridge south of Clearwater Beach
Posts: 4,563
Default

The problem with the Dolphins, much like the Cowboys & Bucs, will not be fixed with a new coach......they need a new front office. Or at least a restructuring of how the office manages/counteracts with the team. A team that is run as a business entity will never be more than mediocre at best. Yes, you need to make good financial decisions and have sound business practices to field a successful division winning team, but you must also have a desire to win that outweighs your penny pinching financial bottom line.
runabout is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 02:05 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: St Barths F.W.I.
Posts: 4,405
Default

Originally Posted by A Few Dollars View Post
We gave y'all Reggie.
He went for over a 100 again yesterday. Inside, outside, one of the few still trying. He has been on of the few bright spots for this team.
BSpot is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 02:09 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ft Lauderdale Fl
Posts: 5,997
Default

Players are not the big problem and really have never been the issue. If you look at the players we traded or let go because they didn't perform you would see that most excelled on the team they ended up on.
bumster is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 02:16 PM
  #8  
Senior Member, Used to be 'psachseJr'
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 519
Default

Originally Posted by runabout View Post
The problem with the Dolphins, much like the Cowboys & Bucs, will not be fixed with a new coach......they need a new front office. Or at least a restructuring of how the office manages/counteracts with the team. A team that is run as a business entity will never be more than mediocre at best. Yes, you need to make good financial decisions and have sound business practices to field a successful division winning team, but you must also have a desire to win that outweighs your penny pinching financial bottom line.
True. And, ironically, true of any business.
SportCruiser is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 02:36 PM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
ScarabChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dania Beach, FL
Posts: 28,414
Default

In a regular work environment it is not uncommon for an employee to get docked some pay if they screw up at work.

Maybe if the players and coaches got docked 50% of their pay for X amount of game losses per season they might start to win some games.

But of course that will never happen. They sign contracts with these players and coaches for millions of dollars for a certain amount of time.

Must be a great job! Lose nearly every game in a season and you're still a multi millionaire!
ScarabChris is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 02:39 PM
  #10  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: TN
Posts: 4,792
Default

same with my Chiefs.
redneck joe is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 02:41 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ft Lauderdale Fl
Posts: 5,997
Default

Lets not even get into the money thing. These guys are so overpaid it actually defies logic. Its a game and the players have forgotten that a long time ago. I agree partly with Chris but I would go a step further. Your pay is directly affected by performance. It could still make you a millionaire but you would have to work at it 6 days a week like the rest of us.
bumster is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 02:50 PM
  #12  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
ScarabChris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dania Beach, FL
Posts: 28,414
Default

Originally Posted by bumster View Post
Lets not even get into the money thing. These guys are so overpaid it actually defies logic. Its a game and the players have forgotten that a long time ago. I agree partly with Chris but I would go a step further. Your pay is directly affected by performance. It could still make you a millionaire but you would have to work at it 6 days a week like the rest of us.
You have to get into the money part of it. That is the root cause of the problem.

I think these guys forgot this was not only a game but a business as well. Like so many people these days they are showing up for work and doing just enough to not get fired and continue to collect a paycheck.

Why would you want to go out and risk injury by playing the game as hard as you can when you can get paid just to show up? When they get hurt they jeopardize their earning future. No team will want to pay a player millions if he has a serious injury that may affect performance.

But I agree with you that their pay should be directly affected by performance.
ScarabChris is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 02:57 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 5,058
Default

Irelend needs to go as well!!! Depending on who the next coach is he may have no final say on player personal anyway. I don't see them going after Les Miles. Been there done that with Saban and that did not work.

I think they went after Harbaugh because of his pro style offense and he is good with young QB's. I would like to see someone new & hungry like Rob Chudzinki the OC with the Panthers. He does a great job developing QB's as well. He helped make Derek Anderson a Pro Bowl QB at Cleveland and has done a good job with Cam Newton.

I don't want Bill Cowher either, Same style as we have now. If the Eagles fire Andy Reid maybe that would work. Gruden is a maybe as well but I want new blood!!!
Sudden Strike Fishing is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 03:21 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ft Lauderdale Fl
Posts: 5,997
Default

The team needs stability! We have gone thru what, 15 QB's in the last 6-8 years an obscene amount of front office personnel and i cant even keep track of players. A lot of the players have gone on and become great players on other teams.Part of having a great team is teamwork,trust and familiarity and the Dolphins have none of that anymore.
bumster is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 04:59 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 522
Default

The reason we have gone through so many QB's in the past years is because we have had NO offensive line ! Any QB in the league from the rookies on up to the veterans can stand in a perfectly protected pocket and throw completions all day long. The QB is an issue, but is not THE issue. The real issue is the offense line! Fix that, and you will see a winning team.
emgag is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 05:16 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: 26 46' 18.72"N 80 02' 47.34"W
Posts: 2,757
Default

Originally Posted by ScarabChris View Post
You have to get into the money part of it. That is the root cause of the problem.

I think these guys forgot this was not only a game but a business as well. Like so many people these days they are showing up for work and doing just enough to not get fired and continue to collect a paycheck.

Why would you want to go out and risk injury by playing the game as hard as you can when you can get paid just to show up? When they get hurt they jeopardize their earning future. No team will want to pay a player millions if he has a serious injury that may affect performance.

But I agree with you that their pay should be directly affected by performance.
It's SIMPLE.....stop watching, buying tickets and supporting the team ( sport ), and the pay scale will follow.

It's too bad the strike was settled. It's too bad the basketball strike was settled and it's too bad the Anglel's paid POLSHIT $240+ million for 10 years for a thirty something guy to hit a baseball! But it happened.

That's what's wrong! Stop supporting ( if you can! )
Cmann is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 07:43 PM
  #17  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: bay shore ny us
Posts: 5,301
Default

Originally Posted by bumster View Post
Players are not the big problem and really have never been the issue. If you look at the players we traded or let go because they didn't perform you would see that most excelled on the team they ended up on.

Really who?? outside of Wes Welker they all flopped, Joey porter flopped when he left, Patrick Turner flop, Pat White not even in nfl anymore, Ted Ginn only does returns, Ronnie brown was a back up, Ricky williams also a back up, lusaka polite not even playing this season, The lock out hurt the Dolphins this season not being in a full camp with a new offensive coordinator set them back there QB Chad Henne was showing major improvment this season than his previous season had he stayed healthy who knows injuries on the O line hurt them also. their Defense killed them early in the season they blew allot of games they had leads in going into the 4th quarter
strikerthree is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 07:46 PM
  #18  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: bay shore ny us
Posts: 5,301
Default

Originally Posted by bumster View Post
The team needs stability! We have gone thru what, 15 QB's in the last 6-8 years an obscene amount of front office personnel and i cant even keep track of players. A lot of the players have gone on and become great players on other teams.Part of having a great team is teamwork,trust and familiarity and the Dolphins have none of that anymore.

When the fans compare every QB to put the uniform on to Marino it doesnt help, Henne has the most potential out of any QB we have had since Marino just havent given him the chance to do it he has no O line to protect him
strikerthree is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 07:57 PM
  #19  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ft Lauderdale Fl
Posts: 5,997
Default

Originally Posted by strikerthree View Post
When the fans compare every QB to put the uniform on to Marino it doesnt help, Henne has the most potential out of any QB we have had since Marino just havent given him the chance to do it he has no O line to protect him
we dont give any QB a chance. In fact we rebuild the team almost every year.From top to bottom we replace everyone just about every season. We dont have a veteran QB to train the rookie. We never even made a game plan for when Marino was gone. Get the frt office in shape and that will give us good players. Give the players the time to become a team and that will fix what is broken. We do one thing good as a team. Churn em an burn em.
bumster is offline  
Old 12-12-2011, 08:01 PM
  #20  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: bay shore ny us
Posts: 5,301
Default

Originally Posted by bumster View Post
we dont give any QB a chance. In fact we rebuild the team almost every year.From top to bottom we replace everyone just about every season. We dont have a veteran QB to train the rookie. We never even made a game plan for when Marino was gone. Get the frt office in shape and that will give us good players. Give the players the time to become a team and that will fix what is broken. We do one thing good as a team. Churn em an burn em.

I agree I feel we should stick with Henne look what he did against the Pats in the first game with the # he put up we should of taken that game our defense took allot of games this season from us they got their shit together to late this season
strikerthree is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread