Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Poll: Jo Ped: Should his Statue Go?

Notices
View Poll Results: Should Jo-Ped's Statue be Removed From the Penn State Campus?
Yes - his action of inaction was abhorrent
130
81.25%
No - he's a good guy and football is important to education
30
18.75%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Jo Ped: Should his Statue Go?

Old 11-11-2011, 07:33 AM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
PLEDGERPLEDGERPLEDGERPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Snapper Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Republic of West Florida - the ORIGINAL lone star state
Posts: 17,777
Default Poll: Jo Ped: Should his Statue Go?

Should Joe-Ped's statue be removed from the Penn State campus?


Big Al
Snapper Head is offline  
Old 11-11-2011, 07:38 AM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
PLEDGERPLEDGERPLEDGERPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Snapper Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Republic of West Florida - the ORIGINAL lone star state
Posts: 17,777
Default

Vote now!


Big Al
Snapper Head is offline  
Old 11-11-2011, 07:49 AM
  #3  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Not in Texas
Posts: 10,213
Default

Originally Posted by Snapper Head View Post

Should Joe-Ped's statue be removed from the Penn State campus?
Al,think this through ... is there any part of a pedophilia that should be glorified or tolerated?

I'm thinking we don't need a pole for this.
Eyeball is offline  
Old 11-11-2011, 07:52 AM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Marlin009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: West Coast FL
Posts: 14,994
Default

Hell yes.
Marlin009 is offline  
Old 11-11-2011, 07:57 AM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
PLEDGERPLEDGERPLEDGERPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Snapper Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Republic of West Florida - the ORIGINAL lone star state
Posts: 17,777
Default

Originally Posted by Eyeball View Post
Al,think this through ... is there any part of a pedophilia that should be glorified or tolerated?

I'm thinking we don't need a pole for this.
You haven't read some of the posts about the issue. There are guys here on THT who condone Jo Ped's action of inaction.


Big Al
Snapper Head is offline  
Old 11-11-2011, 08:01 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 1,056
Default

He's not just a football coach, he's also the 5th biggest $ donor to the school. Also, he's not the pedophile, and it appears that he has the support of most of the students and staff. I don't think the statue is coming down anytime soon.
I Love Beer is offline  
Old 11-11-2011, 08:05 AM
  #7  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 53,966
Default

Originally Posted by I Love Beer View Post
He's not just a football coach, he's also the 5th biggest $ donor to the school. Also, he's not the pedophile, and it appears that he has the support of most of the students and staff. I don't think the statue is coming down anytime soon.
He allowed pedophilia to continue under his watch and did NOTHING.

Guilt by association or accessory.


The number of people defending Joe is sickening.
A Few Dollars is offline  
Old 11-11-2011, 08:05 AM
  #8  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Point Pleasant NJ
Posts: 1,354
Default

Guilty of NO MORAL COMPASS... Take it down...
Surfside is offline  
Old 11-11-2011, 08:05 AM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: West Carolina
Posts: 21,930
Default

Shag is online now  
Old 11-11-2011, 08:13 AM
  #10  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Rocky Point FL
Posts: 8,425
Default

Originally Posted by I Love Beer View Post
He's not just a football coach, he's also the 5th biggest $ donor to the school. Also, he's not the pedophile, and it appears that he has the support of most of the students and staff. I don't think the statue is coming down anytime soon.
Most of his student an staff are morons read the indictment there's no way these people could NOT know what was going on
r.waddill is online now  
Old 11-11-2011, 08:25 AM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Garett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 24,119
Default

Hmmm, Joe Peterno vs Michael Jackson ... both guilty by association and an encumbrance of facts.

Take it down!
Garett is offline  
Old 11-11-2011, 08:55 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: St. Pete
Posts: 3,277
Default

I say take it to an undisclosed location and notify the victims. Buy enough sledgehammers for all and let them do as they wish. It wouldn't solve a damn thing, but it might give these poor, tortured souls some measure of satisfaction. If I watch someone be raped and do nothing, I am a rapist as well. Effing bastages.
tokinred is offline  
Old 11-11-2011, 09:13 AM
  #13  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downeast, North Carolina
Posts: 6,131
Default

I may have missed it, but I haven't heard anything that he had first hand knowledge of the abuse or a cover up. I haven't heard exactly what the assistant told him. If the assistant was sure of what he saw, why the hell didn't he do something right then and there? Why didn't he call the police immediately?

Playing "devils advocate", did the assistant tell Paterno "I think I saw"? Was there a possibility that they might of thought the kid had an accident (crapped his pants, etc) and this guy was cleaning him up? When Paterno reported the hearsay of his assistant, he assumed that all appropriate actions would be taken (including calling the police). Was he under the assumption that it was being investigated by the police?

Even with the apparent limited knowledge that Paterno had, he should have done more. He should have at least followed up to see if it was being investigated. If Paterno did follow up and was lied to by these scum bags that were covering it up, I think Paterno is getting a bad rap and everyone is doing a knee jerk reaction without all the information. I would never base my reaction on what network media tells me. Hopefully, we'll get a full and detailed report from the police. With all the attention this has gotten, I'm going to assume that the police will leave no rock unturned.

If in fact Paterno knew or suspected that there was a cover up of child abuse, then I hope he dies a slow painful death along with the rest of these bastards. I would hope that he's brought before a woman judge that's a mother and hates football.

In the meantime, I'll wait till the facts are in.
davedowneast is offline  
Old 11-11-2011, 09:19 AM
  #14  
nsh
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 3,400
Default

Done. Take it down.
nsh is offline  
Old 11-11-2011, 09:24 AM
  #15  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,027
Default

Originally Posted by Snapper Head View Post
Should Joe-Ped's statue be removed from the Penn State campus?


Big Al
Yes, everyone associated with the football program should be fired. The entire board of trustees should be fired or resign. Everyone associated with Penn State's management should lose their job.
saltwaters is offline  
Old 11-11-2011, 09:28 AM
  #16  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 503
Default

If it were jopas kid you think jopa would have just reported it to the ad?
Jopa is a coward.
Bucknuter is offline  
Old 11-11-2011, 09:31 AM
  #17  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Marlin009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: West Coast FL
Posts: 14,994
Default

Originally Posted by davedowneast View Post
I may have missed it, but I haven't heard anything that he had first hand knowledge of the abuse or a cover up. I haven't heard exactly what the assistant told him. If the assistant was sure of what he saw, why the hell didn't he do something right then and there? Why didn't he call the police immediately?

Playing "devils advocate", did the assistant tell Paterno "I think I saw"? Was there a possibility that they might of thought the kid had an accident (crapped his pants, etc) and this guy was cleaning him up? When Paterno reported the hearsay of his assistant, he assumed that all appropriate actions would be taken (including calling the police). Was he under the assumption that it was being investigated by the police?

Even with the apparent limited knowledge that Paterno had, he should have done more. He should have at least followed up to see if it was being investigated. If Paterno did follow up and was lied to by these scum bags that were covering it up, I think Paterno is getting a bad rap and everyone is doing a knee jerk reaction without all the information. I would never base my reaction on what network media tells me. Hopefully, we'll get a full and detailed report from the police. With all the attention this has gotten, I'm going to assume that the police will leave no rock unturned.

If in fact Paterno knew or suspected that there was a cover up of child abuse, then I hope he dies a slow painful death along with the rest of these bastards. I would hope that he's brought before a woman judge that's a mother and hates football.

In the meantime, I'll wait till the facts are in.
Read this, if you can get through it.

http://www.wgal.com/pdf/29737452/detail.html
Marlin009 is offline  
Old 11-11-2011, 09:33 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Houston, TX / Point Clear, AL
Posts: 3,065
Default

Wish this had come out earlier. Then Eddie Robinson would still be on top with all time D-1 wins. Joe's win record and football history needs a big asterisk.
Pierless is offline  
Old 11-11-2011, 09:38 AM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Coral Springs, Fla
Posts: 626
Default

For the "four" who voted No, please get your head out of your A** and rejoin the human race!
Mac53 is offline  
Old 11-11-2011, 10:00 AM
  #20  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downeast, North Carolina
Posts: 6,131
Default

Originally Posted by Mac53 View Post
For the "four" who voted No, please get your head out of your A** and rejoin the human race!
It wasn't me!

"No - he's a good guy and football is important to education"

If he was part of the cover up wasn't a "good guy" and football has no bearing on this issue.

I will say, for better or worse, that the athletic department of large universities is a major source of income and thus benefits academics.
davedowneast is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread