Notices

Mia

Old 07-07-2011, 04:28 PM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North Myrtle Beach SC
Posts: 8,045
Default Mia

Just made the first cut got my e-mail saying I was qualified. Now the rest. Luckily I have an SBI alreaqdy so that should speed thing s along. I am happy they waived the age limit. I am not sure if this is what I want to do, but I have some time.
kingair is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 04:31 PM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 15,654
Default

Good on ya' because it sounds like you're stoked with the idea.

now....what are you talking about...lol
bamaboy473 is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 04:40 PM
  #3  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North Myrtle Beach SC
Posts: 8,045
Default

Originally Posted by bamaboy473 View Post
Good on ya' because it sounds like you're stoked with the idea.

now....what are you talking about...lol


Marine Interdiction Agent
kingair is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 04:42 PM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Dulcecita Lures's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 16,760
Default

Hmmm. The only acronym I have is SOB. Does that count for anything?
Dulcecita Lures is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 04:43 PM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Poquoson, VA
Posts: 4,235
Default

Congrats....just do not ever board a 20' Seafoam green Maycraft that runs around Biscayne Bay and Upper Keys....

Would reflective tape on my bimini top saying "Not Me" or "THT Member" suffice?
Mardi-Gras is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 04:45 PM
  #6  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downeast, North Carolina
Posts: 6,131
Default

Well, that's better than "Missing In Action"!
davedowneast is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 04:52 PM
  #7  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downeast, North Carolina
Posts: 6,131
Default

Originally Posted by kingair View Post
I am happy they waived the age limit. I am not sure if this is what I want to do, but I have some time.
Age Requirement:In accordance with Public Law 93-950 and 100-238, this position is covered under law enforcement retirement provisions; therefore, candidates must be selected for this position before reaching their 37th birthday.This age restriction does not apply if you have served in a federal civilian (not military) law enforcement position covered by Title 5 U.S.C. 8336(c) or Title 5 U.S.C. 8412(d).

BTW, what happened to retiring and fishing all the time while you're wife commuted to Miami?
davedowneast is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 04:52 PM
  #8  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North Myrtle Beach SC
Posts: 8,045
Default

While not popular, I can only hope to do a good job if slected.
kingair is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 04:53 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 943
Default

Thought he was referring to that crappy airport in South Florida
Lat25 is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 04:57 PM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location:
Posts: 769
Default

Originally Posted by Lat25 View Post
Thought he was referring to that crappy airport in South Florida
Ha! Me too. It's getting better though.
sand key is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 04:57 PM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: North Myrtle Beach SC
Posts: 8,045
Default

Originally Posted by davedowneast View Post
Age Requirement:In accordance with Public Law 93-950 and 100-238, this position is covered under law enforcement retirement provisions; therefore, candidates must be selected for this position before reaching their 37th birthday.This age restriction does not apply if you have served in a federal civilian (not military) law enforcement position covered by Title 5 U.S.C. 8336(c) or Title 5 U.S.C. 8412(d).


BTW, what happened to retiring and fishing all the time while you're wife commuted to Miami?
The age restriction does not apply if you are a Veteran's preference eligible.


That is still a possibility, more likely than not, but I am looking at my options.

I was offered my old job in DC (now in Huntsville), a GS13 position.
kingair is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 06:02 PM
  #12  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downeast, North Carolina
Posts: 6,131
Default

Huntsville Alabama? Planning on taking up fresh water fishing?

Sounds like you have a lot of good options, I'm sure you've earned them!
davedowneast is offline  
Old 07-07-2011, 07:22 PM
  #13  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Norfolk, Va
Posts: 9,260
Default

I was rejected... But I dont have any law enforcement background or a degree or Vets preference.

Im going to apply to the regular Customs agent job next.
CaptKennyW is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread