Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Saturday's pit bull attack- 2 year old in NC

Notices

Saturday's pit bull attack- 2 year old in NC

Old 12-07-2010, 07:00 PM
  #41  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Houston, TX / Point Clear, AL
Posts: 3,065
Default

Originally Posted by CaptKennyW View Post
Im predicting 12 pages.
Sadly, I think topdawg can use 8 more in reply. But I'll bet the rest of THT moves on to better topics.

I'll see your 12 and bet 3. Hope I win
Pierless is offline  
Old 12-07-2010, 08:22 PM
  #42  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: North Georgia Mountains
Posts: 746
Default

First off, sir, let's square up a small sticking point about your American Staffordshire Terrier. You keep referring to kills the dogs have made. You need to include the total number of ATTACKS made by these dogs, not just the deaths. Remember, just because the dog didn't kill you in an attack doesn't mean you walk away unscathed. You're alive but still need to have your face sewn back on then get fitted for an artificial hand and have hair grafted to the destroyed parts of your scalp. But hell no, he's a good dog and he didn't kill that guy. That's the stats you're using.
And the idiocy of comparing a small breed like a Chichauaua to a pit bull is like comparing a racoon to a mountain lion, or a domestic cat to a tiger, or a canary to a hawk. Make real comparisons and your arguments would be somewhat readable and not nearly so laughable.
I'm responsible for my weapons. The cops know what I own. I'm registered and permitted to carry a sidearm. Something happens that I'm involved in, I can be identified by the authorities. You sir on the other will USUALLY dissappear into the woodwork when your uncollared, un leashed, and unchipped dog attacks. Haven't you seen it on the news in your town, someone get attacked and no one, that's right, no one claims ownership to the dog. Dog must be feral and living in some abandoned house. If you're so proud of your breed, claim him and pay your dues. Don't run and hide. If my Min Pin bit someone, I'd pay for whatever cost's they incurred, hell what can some antibiotic ointment and a bandaid cost anyway. Unlike a new arm, new hands, new face and new scalp like after your dog attacks. But you probably won't man up and admit ownership of a killer dog will you?
Your logic is so sophomoric as to be totally useless in defending your position on dog ownership. Get your facts together, tell the truth, it's attacks not deaths, man up for responsibility then you can come on here and we'll argue like intelligent adults. Until then your argument is like telling those alligator trappers in South Louisiana that those alligators are really kind and gentle animal who attack because they were startled and with the proper approach, there's no risk in cradleing one of the in your arms. You could probably kiss it on the lips if you petted it long enough. I seriously hope you see my point. If I was on a city council and you came before the council to plead your case for being free to own pit bulls using the kind of logic you exhibited on this board, I would have the Sargent at Arms immediately escourt you from the premises.
Maybe one day, when you are much older and have a clear vision of the situation, you can come back on this board and have a good discussion of the pros and cons of dogs like the American Staffordshire Terrier or similiar dogs. Thanks.
horsepen is offline  
Old 12-07-2010, 11:35 PM
  #43  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida ,baker
Posts: 145
Default

[QUOTE=horsepen;3385516]First off, sir, let's square up a small sticking point about your American Staffordshire Terrier. You keep referring to kills the dogs have made. You need to include the total number of ATTACKS made by these dogs, not just the deaths. Remember, just because the dog didn't kill you in an attack doesn't mean you walk away unscathed. You're alive but still need to have your face sewn back on then get fitted for an artificial hand and have hair grafted to the destroyed parts of your scalp. But hell no, he's a good dog and he didn't kill that guy. That's the stats you're using.
And the idiocy of comparing a small breed like a Chichauaua to a pit bull is like comparing a racoon to a mountain lion, or a domestic cat to a tiger, or a canary to a hawk. Make real comparisons and your arguments would be somewhat readable and not nearly so laughable.
I'm responsible for my weapons. The cops know what I own. I'm registered and permitted to carry a sidearm. Something happens that I'm involved in, I can be identified by the authorities. You sir on the other will USUALLY dissappear into the woodwork when your uncollared, un leashed, and unchipped dog attacks. Haven't you seen it on the news in your town, someone get attacked and no one, that's right, no one claims ownership to the dog. Dog must be feral and living in some abandoned house. If you're so proud of your breed, claim him and pay your dues. Don't run and hide. If my Min Pin bit someone, I'd pay for whatever cost's they incurred, hell what can some antibiotic ointment and a bandaid cost anyway. Unlike a new arm, new hands, new face and new scalp like after your dog attacks. But you probably won't man up and admit ownership of a killer dog will you?
Your logic is so sophomoric as to be totally useless in defending your position on dog ownership. Get your facts together, tell the truth, it's attacks not deaths, man up for responsibility then you can come on here and we'll argue like intelligent adults. Until then your argument is like telling those alligator trappers in South Louisiana that those alligators are really kind and gentle animal who attack because they were startled and with the proper approach, there's no risk in cradleing one of the in your arms. You could probably kiss it on the lips if you petted it long enough. I seriously hope you see my point. If I was on a city council and you came before the council to plead your case for being free to own pit bulls using the kind of logic you exhibited on this board, I would have the Sargent at Arms immediately escourt you from the premises.
Maybe one day, when you are much older and have a clear vision of the situation, you can come back on this board and have a good discussion of the pros and cons of dogs like the American Staffordshire Terrier or similiar dogs. Thanks.['

My APBT are chipped and there collars have my name and address on them for your information ! If you really read all the post that i have made you would see i listed all bites that require hospital visits and there around 800,000 bites a year from all dog breeds there no way to get specific breed facts on the one who have bit some one since the hospital don't report the breed that doing the biting ! However every time a APBT bites or attacks some one it blasted over the news no matter if its just a bite or a death ! So logic would say its not the so called KILLER breeds doing all the biting ! Its the little breeds biting far more people then the APBT ! Idiocy of comparing a small breed like a Chichauaua to a pit bull ? The idiocy is on your part sir were every one that own's little breeds think's it ok that there little breed bites some one ! If your going to punish one breed for biting or killing then all breeds should come under the same rules no matter size a bite is a bite no matter how sever it is ! When the i used the cars vs pit bulls the point was used because people say the breed should be banned because they cant control there self and cant think for there self . People can think for there self and control there self would you agree on that ? So since they can control and think for there self they still kill more people in one day then pit bull type dogs have in 45 yrs . My point to you is there not human aggressive you have no clue about the breed but yet you still think the breed should be done away with ! You still get upset that i say that all breed should be under the same rules for biting or attacking some one ! For the whole alligator well there wild animals people are going into there habitat so if you get bit or killed you choose to go into there environment ! I grew up swimming in ponds and rivers in Florida were we have alligator all the boys grew up taking a chance of getting bit by one of them ! If you dont want to get bit by one of them play it safe and swim in a enclosed pool or hot tub ! When you go swimming at the beach you take a chance on being bit by a shark stay out the water you might get bit ! I put up facts from 2010 of several breeds aggression score and the APBT score 86 % very high any thing 80% or higher is considered good temperament I suggest you go to (atts) american temperament test society and look up how they get these results and the results of all breeds there 122 breeds tested you will learn real quick which breed show more aggression and i will tell you how surprised on which ones show more i was on a few of them mostly the TREEING WALKER COONHOUND 62.5 % and thats a hound dog scoring that bad !!!! ......... If you have read all of my post you will have seen several times were i say owners should be held responsible for there animals action no matter what breed several times i have said that owners should have there animals secured all animals ! I am a responsble owner of this breed i under stand and respect the power of this breed . IN the pictures i have posted you can clearly see these to do not have there collars on due to the fact you can't see in the pictures there in a enclosed fence around the old porch aprox 8 ft tall and the house is on the back of the property that sits on aprox 17 acres and clearly you can see i was right there with the dogs ! How ever the dogs have several collars they were when there taking to the vet or out to hunt hogs ! when in public there on choker collars the lead or leash is for a horse do to the fact i don't want to take a chance on a normal dog lead or leash breaking ! when hog hunting they were there id collar with a tracking collar ! I also have many signs up around the property that tell people there are dog's on the property ! How ever if i
have my dogs secured in a fence and or house and some one illegal comes on my property or breaks into my home @ that point i am not responsible for there safety
since @ that time they are criminally trespassing or breaking and entering ! How ever since the breed not human aggressive there probably going to bark and wake me up or warn me that some one on the property they may attack if they see some one hurting me or my family how ever its in all dog's nature to protect the owners no matter what size or breed the dog is ! Further more if some one does break into my home they better not be worrying about my APBT and they better be worrying about my S&W , COLT"S , REMINGTON , GLOCK"S , AND SEVERAL OTHER BRAND OF WEAPONS I OWN DEPENDING ON WERE I AM IN THE HOUSE DEPENDS ON WHICH WEAPON THEY WILL HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To your comment about I need to be older to have a discussion about this breed well since I'm 25 I am old enough to carry on a discussion about this breed and have 25 yrs of experience with this breed ! I have owned them all my life along with my parents ! Let's see you will say my parents were not educated people well to inform you my father a ret. captain in the united states marine corps and my mother a bank manager . I work in a prison as a corrections officer . So my response to the last part of your remark to what i have posted is sir you should get some information about the breed to contradict every thing i have said also i suggest you looking up the facts on how many people die from car wrecks, heart attacks smoking , shark attacks ,ect. Once you have looked up the deaths from all these things you will have a very clear picture on how many people die from the pit bull type dogs and will clearly let you see that very few people die from dog attacks period ! I also think if you doe this you will see how many kids die each year from common house hold products that have nothing to do with animals period ! You may not no this but fact 40 children a year die from drowning in a five gallon bucket ! Cant blame that one on any one but the parents ! So i suggest you sir go do research and come back and speak to me with facts and an open mind sir because i have listened to your view and lots of people view from here how ever i dont agree with banning the breed and i think if you take a step back and take all deaths from every thing in this world you will see there very low chance of being killed from dogs of any breed !
Attached Images   

Last edited by xtopdawg386x; 12-08-2010 at 02:33 AM.
xtopdawg386x is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 04:47 AM
  #44  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: North Georgia Mountains
Posts: 746
Default

Yeah, well, whatever. Good luck with your dog. Unlike most PB owners I read about, you do have them chipped so you can be held responsible for their actions. Thank you for that. And when my Min Pin get out and chases you down the street, if you turn around and kick her, she'll turn and run back to home. I wouldn't be so prone to try to kick a pb. So, yes I think comparing little dogs to pb's is appropriate in this contex. Again good luck with your dog. Have your way with me now, I'll not post on this subject any more.
horsepen is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 06:05 AM
  #45  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: big city of Youngsville,N.C.
Posts: 543
Default

Originally Posted by xtopdawg386x View Post
there was an american pit bull terrier in your back yard that killed your lab ? Did you witness this so called american pit bull terrier kill your dog ? If so then why did you not shot the animal when it was supposable attacking and killing your lab ? You had to kill it a week later how you no it was the same animal that killed your lab ? What i really wanna know is how do you no it was a apbt did the owners live the papers around the dog collar or did you have the animal blood line traced to see if it was an american pit bull terrier ? Because the only way to find out if its a apbt is threw blood line and dna ! Are is it that your the only one in the entire world that can look and tell what the dog blood line just by looking ? You think i'm trying to be a smart butt how ever i am not there apox. 20 breeds that get mistaken for apbt even by trained animal control officers . Just for your information you killing the animal no matter what breed a week after it happen you could have faced criminal charges for animal abuse if you would have been caught .
why dont you just shut the f#$k up you dumb a$$
FISHING GOOD TIMES is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 06:13 AM
  #46  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida ,baker
Posts: 145
Default

Originally Posted by horsepen View Post
Yeah, well, whatever. Good luck with your dog. Unlike most PB owners I read about, you do have them chipped so you can be held responsible for their actions. Thank you for that. And when my Min Pin get out and chases you down the street, if you turn around and kick her, she'll turn and run back to home. I wouldn't be so prone to try to kick a pb. So, yes I think comparing little dogs to pb's is appropriate in this contex. Again good luck with your dog. Have your way with me now, I'll not post on this subject any more.
Definition of a bite
To cut, grip, or tear with or as if with the teeth.A skin wound or puncture produced by an animal's teeth or mouth parts . I can"t find any were in the definition that says any thing about the size of a dog determines if its a bite or not how ever i see that it has a very clear Definition of what a bite is !

No the only ones you read about or mostly dogs that are owned by criminals . People that are using the dogs in fighting and train them to be human aggressive to protect there drugs and to keep law enforcement at bay so they can escape them . Yes some respectable owners have had there pit bull type dogs bite some one how ever there many well respectable owners who have other breeds that end up biting people also ! So you cant single out a breed you can single out the owners that are being irresponsibly with there animals and punish them no matter what breed they own ! By no means am i saying the bites from any animal is ok how ever i am saying accidents happen with all animals thats why there called animals and not people ! So yes i say if any animal bites some one the owner should be held responsible for it if its justified to do so NO MATTER WHAT THE BREED IS ! If you think that its ok for your small breed dog to bite some one well your obviously not a responsible dog owner ! bites a bite no matter what breed if you think this is incorrect i suggest you look up the Definition of a bite so you will be clear on what a bite is if you find any were in the definition that says a bite is only a bite depending on the breed and size of the animal please post it and the website or book you found it in !
xtopdawg386x is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 06:21 AM
  #47  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida ,baker
Posts: 145
Default

Originally Posted by FISHING GOOD TIMES View Post
why dont you just shut the f#$k up you dumb a$$
O No fishing good times is that all you can come back with buddy ? You get mad that i said you committed a crime when you shot the animal ? Did i strike a nerve when i produced facts about the breed and you could not produce any facts to back up why you want the breed banned ? Did i use to many big words that you did not understand ? Your best bet is to take a little time and do research about the breed you wish was banned and get facts on why the breed should be banned because as it sit's sir i have plenty of facts to throw in your face about the breed and to contradict your opinions ! So you have a good day and learn how to have a conversation with out cursing and getting mad when some one produces facts . I sure hope your teaching your kids better manners then your showing it's sad that as an adult you cant carry a conversation with out getting very upset !
xtopdawg386x is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 06:52 AM
  #48  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida ,baker
Posts: 145
Default

Originally Posted by Marlin009 View Post
.........and your brain.

I'm sure once you get past the spelling, punctuation and lack of paragraphs that actually have a coherent thought in them it would be an interesting read.

Hey Topdog, a little help with my signature please. Can you translate this?
I'm very sure that every word i have spelled is correct . If i miss a punctuation I am pretty sure you can still understand it . I may not break each section down into a paragraph form . How ever with this all said you can still read what has been wrote and you can understand what has been wrote . I am not in school any more nor am i writing a incident report at work nor am I filling out a state document . So since I am not doing non of the above it does not matter if i miss a punctuation a miss spelled word or not in paragraph form . So i suggest while reading what i posted you can correct the spelling in your head add a punctuation and break it into paragraph form in your head .

Last edited by xtopdawg386x; 12-08-2010 at 09:52 AM.
xtopdawg386x is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 07:10 AM
  #49  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Marlin009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: West Coast FL
Posts: 15,041
Default

Originally Posted by xtopdawg386x View Post
I'm very sure that most every word i have spelled is correct . If i miss a punctuation I am pretty sure you can still understand it . I may not break each section down into a paragraph form . How every with this all said you can still read what has been wrote and you can understand what has been wrote . I am not in school any more nor am i writing a incident report at work nor am I filling out a state document . So since I am not doing non of the above it does not matter if i miss a punctuation a miss spelled word or not in paragraph form . So i suggest while reading what i posted you can correct the spelling in your head add a punctuation and break it into paragraph form in your head .
One can only lose IQ points by trying to read your posts. Now what about the translation?
Marlin009 is online now  
Old 12-08-2010, 07:37 AM
  #50  
KJS
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Where I go, there I am
Posts: 16,765
Default

Originally Posted by xtopdawg386x View Post
KJS
I mean really I think every one reading these replies to the post will see you have very low intelligence weather they agree with being allowed to own or not own the breed .
Iat iz extramely coold n windee hiar I kiant stand dis whether. Wher is possubouy whin u need him possumbuoy culd shurley translate fer ya Marlin.
KJS is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 07:40 AM
  #51  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,683
Default

Whenever these discussions come up, I see the words "American Staffordshire Terrier" and "American Pit bull Terrier" and "Staffordshire Bull Terrier", yet, in the preponderance of attacks, the dogs are mixed breed currs. I agree they fall into the category of "Pit bull” inasmuch as there is some bulldog in there. But the above mentioned dogs are rarely involved in bite incidences. Notwithstanding, I understand how "dramatic" it is as a reporter to use the evocative word "pit bull" in a headline. But, it is not accurate. For example, I cannot find a reference to ANY AKC registered American Staffordshire Terrier or Staffordshire Bull Terrier (different dog completely BTW) attack. That is of note I would say in any logical discussion of this issue.
doughnut is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 07:56 AM
  #52  
nsh
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 3,400
Default

Good Lord man, Try to type a post that people can understand! I tried, but i can't read that dribble. Your replies are just like the energizer bunny.

Typical pit bull defender, hard headed just like the breed!
nsh is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 08:32 AM
  #53  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 134
Default

Thats sad and never should have happened
Thank the parents on that one
trying to give them away yeah right
put them down then
Days away is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 08:52 AM
  #54  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Marlin009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: West Coast FL
Posts: 15,041
Default

Originally Posted by KJS View Post
Iat iz extramely coold n windee hiar I kiant stand dis whether. Wher is possubouy whin u need him possumbuoy culd shurley translate fer ya Marlin.
Ever sense I tuk the evelyn wood head sped ridden corse, my redin has improvd 100 purcent and my redin compreheshun has improvd won der full ee.
Marlin009 is online now  
Old 12-08-2010, 09:50 AM
  #55  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida ,baker
Posts: 145
Default

Originally Posted by Marlin009 View Post
Ever sense I tuk the evelyn wood head sped ridden corse, my redin has improvd 100 purcent and my redin compreheshun has improvd won der full ee.

I think you are mad that i have found information and facts to go along with my opinions of the breed . I also think it's funny the best thing you can come up with to defend your views on banning the breed is a spelling mistake and punctuation . So why don't you help your selfs out and get on the internet or look in books and get some facts to back up your opinions . I can't understand how you think your so right about banning and getting rid of a breed when you can't produce facts to back up your reasoning's . So you can crack jokes and ramble about you did not make a correct paragraph or you miss spelled a word or missed a punctuation .Bottom line is I have studied the breed and have done research on the breed and i have facts that back up what i have said .The only thing you all have done is absolutely nothing to prove your point on why the breed should be banned ! For such well educated well versed people that you claim to be you actually show how uneducated you really are by not being able to have an adult conversation and debate on why the breed should be banned or why it should not be banned . God i sure hope your teaching your children not to get mad and act like 5 yr olds when some one disagree with there views on thing's .
xtopdawg386x is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 09:54 AM
  #56  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida ,baker
Posts: 145
Default

Originally Posted by Marlin009 View Post
One can only lose IQ points by trying to read your posts. Now what about the translation?
marlin

Buddy do your self a favor and keep your comment's to your self since obviously you don't put any useful information in your post !
xtopdawg386x is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 10:05 AM
  #57  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida ,baker
Posts: 145
Default

Originally Posted by nsh View Post
Good Lord man, Try to type a post that people can understand! I tried, but i can't read that dribble. Your replies are just like the energizer bunny.

Typical pit bull defender, hard headed just like the breed!
nsh

There is nothing that i have typed out that is unreadable how ever if you cant read it i suggest you get some hooked on phonics so you can learn to read ! Typical pit bull defender, hard headed just like the breed . Hey you may not comprehend this but i will tell you any way to educate you a little there no breed in this world that's named pit bull !!!! pit bull is 2 words that describe several breeds that look similar to the american pit bull terrier's ! I think its funny how so many of you gang up to try and talk trash to me about my post and between all of the people doing this none of ya'll can produce facts to support your views !
xtopdawg386x is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 10:09 AM
  #58  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: big city of Youngsville,N.C.
Posts: 543
Default

Originally Posted by xtopdawg386x View Post
O No fishing good times is that all you can come back with buddy ? You get mad that i said you committed a crime when you shot the animal ? Did i strike a nerve when i produced facts about the breed and you could not produce any facts to back up why you want the breed banned ? Did i use to many big words that you did not understand ? Your best bet is to take a little time and do research about the breed you wish was banned and get facts on why the breed should be banned because as it sit's sir i have plenty of facts to throw in your face about the breed and to contradict your opinions ! So you have a good day and learn how to have a conversation with out cursing and getting mad when some one produces facts . I sure hope your teaching your kids better manners then your showing it's sad that as an adult you cant carry a conversation with out getting very upset !
NOT AT ALL I JUST THINK YOUR STUPID. AND STUPID PEOPLE PISS ME OFF. SO GO ON WITH YOUR STUPID RANT OVER A USELESS BREED OF DOG AND HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS AND DONT FORGET TO BUY YOU DOG A BONE TO CHEW ON INSTEAD OF YOUR NEIGHBORS CHILD OR PET AGAIN HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS
FISHING GOOD TIMES is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 10:13 AM
  #59  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida ,baker
Posts: 145
Default

I think the problem you all have with me is that i produce facts in my post and when you go and check my facts you find out what i have said is true , After you find this out you have no clue how to respond to me so you revert back to your child hood years of throwing insults and trying to find the tiniest thing wrong in my post such as punctuation or a miss spelled word to boost your self back up after being knocked to the ground by an APBT supporter . I think i just hit this one out the ball park ladies and gentlemen !!!!!!! I suggest every one here that hates the APBT breed run on along and get some facts before you jump back into this forum with the big dog's because you little puppy's have been schooled !!!!
xtopdawg386x is offline  
Old 12-08-2010, 10:17 AM
  #60  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida ,baker
Posts: 145
Default

Originally Posted by FISHING GOOD TIMES View Post
NOT AT ALL I JUST THINK YOUR STUPID. AND STUPID PEOPLE PISS ME OFF. SO GO ON WITH YOUR STUPID RANT OVER A USELESS BREED OF DOG AND HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS AND DONT FORGET TO BUY YOU DOG A BONE TO CHEW ON INSTEAD OF YOUR NEIGHBORS CHILD OR PET AGAIN HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS
Knocks this one out the park i pissed him off with facts and he has nothing to come back with to defend his views and another APBT hater stomps off mad and defeated because he has no facts to argue his point with !APBT supporters another hater into submission with facts
xtopdawg386x is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread