Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Hey Freebird how bout that big Orange

Notices

Hey Freebird how bout that big Orange

Old 10-23-2010, 09:06 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 638
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Freebird how bout that big Orange

Freebird, after that a** whipping Bama gave your vol's, I thought I would point out some positive aspects of rocky top football.
Being a Vol fan is not all bad, as a matter of fact there are some downright convenient traditions.
1 You can wear your Orange game jersey to the game on Saturday.
2 You can wear the same Orange jersey when you go **** hunting with Mama an them on Sunday.
3 The whole family can wear the same orange jerseys when you got road pickup duty on Monday.

Anyway

Roll Tide Roll.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:41 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
jdm61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,664
Likes: 0
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Slipstream1 View Post
Freebird, after that a** whipping Bama gave your vol's, I thought I would point out some positive aspects of rocky top football.
Being a Vol fan is not all bad, as a matter of fact there are some downright convenient traditions.
1 You can wear your Orange game jersey to the game on Saturday.
2 You can wear the same Orange jersey when you go **** hunting with Mama an them on Sunday.
3 The whole family can wear the same orange jerseys when you got road pickup duty on Monday.

Anyway

Roll Tide Roll.
You forgot about the part where you get a free frontal lobotomy when you purchase season tickets for the first time.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:31 AM
  #3  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downeast, North Carolina
Posts: 6,132
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

War Eagles!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 05:50 AM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,077
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Slipstream1 View Post
Freebird, after that a** whipping Bama gave your vol's, I thought I would point out some positive aspects of rocky top football.
Being a Vol fan is not all bad, as a matter of fact there are some downright convenient traditions.
1 You can wear your Orange game jersey to the game on Saturday.
2 You can wear the same Orange jersey when you go **** hunting with Mama an them on Sunday.
3 The whole family can wear the same orange jerseys when you got road pickup duty on Monday.

Anyway

Roll Tide Roll.
Thats funny right there
Old 10-24-2010, 06:04 AM
  #5  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: anderson, sc
Posts: 19,518
Received 1,507 Likes on 873 Posts
Default

UT gonna struggle for couple years it appears after Kiffin left them on spur of the moment.

Alabama gonna have a TOUGH TIME with Auburn it looks like
Old 10-24-2010, 05:15 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 638
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Don't think freebird is in the mood to talk football today. Maybe not even in the mood to talk football this year.
Old 10-24-2010, 05:31 PM
  #7  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: anderson, sc
Posts: 19,518
Received 1,507 Likes on 873 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Slipstream1 View Post
Don't think freebird is in the mood to talk football today. Maybe not even in the mood to talk football this year.
I can see that with what all happened at UT this past winter
Old 10-24-2010, 05:46 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Houston, TX / Point Clear, AL
Posts: 3,063
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tprice View Post
UT gonna struggle for couple years it appears after Kiffin left them on spur of the moment.

Alabama gonna have a TOUGH TIME with Auburn it looks like
Bama could have a tough time with LSU. All depends on which Bama team starts the game.


Roll Tide
Old 10-24-2010, 07:34 PM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location:
Posts: 3,390
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TimW Texas View Post
Thats funny right there
Whats funny is Alabama folk cracking on TN folk as if they are something special.

What? Do they have one more tooth on average? Only marry 2nd cousins? Wait til after noon on Sunday to hit the moonshine?

Talk about rich.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:13 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 638
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DrJim View Post
Whats funny is Alabama folk cracking on TN folk as if they are something special.

What? Do they have one more tooth on average? Only marry 2nd cousins? Wait til after noon on Sunday to hit the moonshine?

Talk about rich.
Where you from Doc?

Based on that big old Parker in your sig pics I am wondering what kind of " doctor " you are. Based on your comments I would go with amateur proctologist.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:07 AM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,077
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DrJim View Post
Whats funny is Alabama folk cracking on TN folk as if they are something special.

What? Do they have one more tooth on average? Only marry 2nd cousins? Wait til after noon on Sunday to hit the moonshine?

Talk about rich.
Nope not a Alabama fan, I just can see someones humor. The OP title hey freeebird and then his description of orange. I'm from the left coast go Ducks

Last edited by TimW Texas; 10-25-2010 at 04:24 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:02 AM
  #12  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downeast, North Carolina
Posts: 6,132
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DrJim View Post
Whats funny is Alabama folk cracking on TN folk as if they are something special.

What? Do they have one more tooth on average? Only marry 2nd cousins? Wait til after noon on Sunday to hit the moonshine?

Talk about rich.
It's interesting that you're the second member in the last week that has made derogatory remarks about people from the south while not showing where you're from in your sig.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:31 AM
  #13  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location:
Posts: 3,390
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by davedowneast View Post
It's interesting that you're the second member in the last week that has made derogatory remarks about people from the south while not showing where you're from in your sig.
LOL. Some sensitive Southerners here. Hope I didnt hurt anyones feelings

I live in MD which is arguably in the south. I also lived in TN for several years so I know full well the difference between TN folk and AL folk....

Not much.

So I'll stick by my assessment of the op.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:45 AM
  #14  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NoneYa
Posts: 4,509
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DrJim View Post
LOL. Some sensitive Southerners here. Hope I didnt hurt anyones feelings

I live in MD which is arguably in the south. I also lived in TN for several years so I know full well the difference between TN folk and AL folk....

Not much.

So I'll stick by my assessment of the op.
Robert E Lee sure thought so. When he entered Maryland he has his band play Maryland My Maryland. Don't think the rest of Maryland was singing Bob Lee's tune.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:47 AM
  #15  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Downeast, North Carolina
Posts: 6,132
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DrJim View Post
I live in MD which is arguably in the south. I also lived in TN for several years so I know full well the difference between TN folk and AL folk....

Not much.
I grew up and lived most of my adult life in CT, although I have "visited" 30 or 40 states.

Your right, there isn't too much difference between "TN folk and AL folk", each one that I have meet are outstanding people of faith, family and character.

So, I'll assume that you'll be staying in what most southerners consider a northern state? That won't hurt my feelings.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:26 AM
  #16  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: On The Tenna Sea
Posts: 13,887
Received 1,117 Likes on 577 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Slipstream1 View Post
Don't think freebird is in the mood to talk football today. Maybe not even in the mood to talk football this year.
Nah man, I don't get upset over things like that as I've gotten used to it.

Seriously, I like watching UT football, but I don't get torn up when they don't win. Remember, there's always next year... the new battle "cry".

Personally, of all the other teams out there, I'd like to see 'Bama take the top spot again.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:53 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Turks and Caicos Island
Posts: 7,540
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Freeeeebird watches the Longhorns? Hook Em. And thats 'Burnt Orange', thanks.
Old 10-25-2010, 08:54 AM
  #18  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mobile, Al.
Posts: 1,448
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Roll Tide
Old 10-25-2010, 11:50 AM
  #19  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: On The Tenna Sea
Posts: 13,887
Received 1,117 Likes on 577 Posts
Default

Old 10-25-2010, 02:27 PM
  #20  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
PLEDGERPLEDGERPLEDGERPLEDGER
 
Snapper Head's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Republic of West Florida - the ORIGINAL lone star state
Posts: 17,853
Received 1,117 Likes on 496 Posts
Default

Tennessee has a football team?


Big Al

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.