Notices

St. Augustine Florida

Old 06-03-2010, 01:19 PM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston / Jax
Posts: 1,005
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by LI Sound Grunt View Post
Makes me want to take a trip myself but I will wait till it cools down.

This sound scool and exactly what I shouldn't do ---"we also did a haunted pub crawl, that was kinda fun." Haunted pubs? And more than one?
haha i forget the name but im sure i can find it. it was like $30 and included a drink at each bar. 5 bars i think. more of a walk thru town at night with some bar visits and stories. but we had our own tour guide so we had fun...

las palmas is the south end of the property, im in del prado which is the north end. the villages are in 3 loops and nice to walk around the entire property. you should have a nice time, I love the area...

Last edited by salt_shaker; 06-03-2010 at 02:56 PM. Reason: add
Old 06-04-2010, 09:24 AM
  #22  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Palm Valley Fl
Posts: 1,032
Likes: 0
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Default

If the weather and the wife are nice. I may take the boat down to the conch house on 6/18. I'll let you know.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:32 PM
  #23  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
INCORRIGIBLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Seabrook,Texas
Posts: 2,306
Likes: 0
Received 82 Likes on 47 Posts
Default

Ask a few locals what I should do to keep my lawn green throughout this Summer....
Old 06-05-2010, 08:08 AM
  #24  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kenner, La.
Posts: 121
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by gashogg View Post
If the weather and the wife are nice. I may take the boat down to the conch house on 6/18. I'll let you know.


That would be AWSOME!!!!!!

Old 06-05-2010, 08:09 AM
  #25  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kenner, La.
Posts: 121
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by reelnauti4u View Post
ask a few locals what i should do to keep my lawn green throughout this summer....
????????

;?
Old 06-05-2010, 08:16 AM
  #26  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, US
Posts: 14,527
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RABBITFISH View Post
????????

;?
He has St Augustine Turf - it's a southern thang!
Old 06-05-2010, 08:21 AM
  #27  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kenner, La.
Posts: 121
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

OH!

Scotts weed and feed, best for St Augustine grass!!!

Also bury the biodegradables under the lawn!!!

Old 06-07-2010, 06:57 AM
  #28  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Kenner, La.
Posts: 121
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

salt_shaker..

Is yours a rental also? I have never been there, can you give me a heads up what to expect form the building area? Any tips would be appreciated.
I am compiling a list of all of the suggestions along with placing them on a map so I can have an idea which way to go! Its such a great help to get real advice and not marketing hype via advertising, sometimes the ones you don't hear about are the best!
My wife and I are looking forward to this trip very much. I'll try to get a report in when I get there!

Thanks to everyone who contributed! You guys are awsome!!

Old 06-07-2010, 08:48 AM
  #29  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 22,385
Received 4,469 Likes on 1,800 Posts
Default

Forgot to mention if you into shallow water fishing in Kayaks, there are some great tidal flats and oyster bars to fish around on the westside of the Cresent Beach Bridge. If you bring a minimum of rods and reels I am sure you could rent a Kayak...
Old 06-07-2010, 09:13 AM
  #30  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston / Jax
Posts: 1,005
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
Forgot to mention if you into shallow water fishing in Kayaks, there are some great tidal flats and oyster bars to fish around on the westside of the Cresent Beach Bridge. If you bring a minimum of rods and reels I am sure you could rent a Kayak...

theres a plac to rent kayaks right by the 206 bridge. forget the name but should be easy to google. also can rent at princess place and i think by the palm coast marina....
Old 06-07-2010, 09:20 AM
  #31  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 115
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

I used to live in Palm Coast and would frequent the Java Joint at least a couple times a week, I have never had a bad meal there, their breakfast and lunch are definately worth the trip. Also if you are in the Palm Coast area try the European Village, they have a great Pizza Place there called Mezzalunas and the atmosphere used to be pretty good there if you sat outside. There is also a pretty good seafood place there that is pretty good, called Barbara Jeans.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:29 AM
  #32  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston / Jax
Posts: 1,005
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by ocfishn View Post
I used to live in Palm Coast and would frequent the Java Joint at least a couple times a week, I have never had a bad meal there, their breakfast and lunch are definately worth the trip. Also if you are in the Palm Coast area try the European Village, they have a great Pizza Place there called Mezzalunas and the atmosphere used to be pretty good there if you sat outside. There is also a pretty good seafood place there that is pretty good, called Barbara Jeans.

barbara jeans chicken fried chicken or pot roast, cant go wrong. dont forget the jalopeno cornbread

the other bfast place is maggies. close to the flagler pier i think.. http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/294/1523...-Flagler-Beach

went for hte first time in april, i'll be back
Old 06-07-2010, 10:49 AM
  #33  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 22,385
Received 4,469 Likes on 1,800 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by salt_shaker View Post
barbara jeans chicken fried chicken or pot roast, cant go wrong. dont forget the jalopeno cornbread

Barbara Jeans is very good, I prefer the pumpkin bread YUM YUM!!
Old 06-07-2010, 11:00 AM
  #34  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston / Jax
Posts: 1,005
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

and for nice location, check the one in ponte vedra...sit out back on the ditch!

http://www.barbarajeans.com/index.html
Old 06-28-2010, 06:39 PM
  #35  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 196
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

This has been a great thread. I need to ressurect. I am headed to Crescent Beach in 2 weeks. I am bringing a boat (bay boat). Any inshore tips and/or warnings appreciated. I have heard very good things.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:02 PM
  #36  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: st augustine fl
Posts: 8,295
Likes: 0
Received 1,038 Likes on 556 Posts
Default

Run the beach, look for the pogies, net some and fish around the pods...there has been an upwelling of cooler water for the last 2 weeks.....69 degrees on sat....fished the rays for cobe...got one at 35lbs....tie some king rigs and drag pogies slowly around 9 mile north and 9 mile south and pop warner...all public numbers....kings, cobia....could run into just about anything....it's been amazingly flat out there...
Old 06-28-2010, 09:11 PM
  #37  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, US
Posts: 14,527
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

So RABBITFISH - how did it go?
Old 06-29-2010, 05:24 AM
  #38  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 196
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by slickster View Post
Run the beach, look for the pogies, net some and fish around the pods...there has been an upwelling of cooler water for the last 2 weeks.....69 degrees on sat....fished the rays for cobe...got one at 35lbs....tie some king rigs and drag pogies slowly around 9 mile north and 9 mile south and pop warner...all public numbers....kings, cobia....could run into just about anything....it's been amazingly flat out there...
Good info....but what are "the rays" and "pop warner"? Bear in mind I have never been to the area. Thanks for your help, I need it!
Old 06-29-2010, 06:10 AM
  #39  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, US
Posts: 14,527
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jek2 View Post
Good info....but what are "the rays" and "pop warner"? Bear in mind I have never been to the area. Thanks for your help, I need it!
9 Mile N & S and Pop Warner are known near-shore fishing spots with bottom structure. Last time I was out at 9 Mile it was buoyed, not sure if it is still.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:16 AM
  #40  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
Posts: 22,385
Received 4,469 Likes on 1,800 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jek2 View Post
Good info....but what are "the rays" and "pop warner"? Bear in mind I have never been to the area. Thanks for your help, I need it!
All Florida articial reefs are listed below. Look them up by county. St. Augustine is St. Johns Co. Pop warner and 9 mile are reefs, the rays reference means watch for manta rays (the big plankton eating rays) gliding on the surface usually cobias are swimming around them.

http://www.myfwc.com/docs/Conservation/REEFS.pdf

If you are going to try and use Matanzas Inlet, BE VERY VERY CAREFUL!!! It is full of sandbars and is a very tricky Inlet. I have a lot of time on the water and I will not run that inlet.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.