The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum (https://www.thehulltruth.com/index.php)
-   Dockside Chat (https://www.thehulltruth.com/dockside-chat-18/)
-   -   Why Buy BP Gas Now? (https://www.thehulltruth.com/dockside-chat/285541-why-buy-bp-gas-now.html)

reelapeelin 05-26-2010 01:34 PM

Why Buy BP Gas Now?
 
BP's response to build berms to protect the Gulf shores adjacent to this gusher (ain't no LEAK!), bring in Super Tankers to control what's loose and then to stop this flow have been anemic at best...obviously more could and should have been done to protect these fragile wetlands.

There is no sense of urgency.

The only way to instill a sense of urgency into these people is to disrupt their cash flow.

STOP BUYING BP GASOLINE TODAY!

If someone else has already posted this, my apologies, but it's time to do SOMETHING that'll stick it to these corporate jerks and pinchin' off their $$$ is the only thing they'll understand.

seabob4 05-26-2010 02:06 PM

Reel,
That is a no brainer. And if you want to see a media member PISSED OFF, watch "The Ed Show" on MSNBC tonight, 7:00.

flyau98 05-26-2010 02:58 PM

If you are so smart, why don't you go down and take over?

I imagine BP has some fault here, but this blowout could have happened to any one of the rigs... And its not like there is some brilliant, guaranteed to stop it method out there that BP just doesn't feel like trying.

But your idea...bankrupting them, that will definitely help them have the cash flow to keep working on it.

I hear CITGO aka Venezuelan Petroleum would like to have your money, and they promise to be more responsible with it.

JOEKEN 05-26-2010 02:59 PM

I'll fuel up at Hess tonight.

Cmann 05-26-2010 03:00 PM

http://www.thehulltruth.com/gulf-coa...p-weekend.html

Cmann 05-26-2010 03:02 PM


Originally Posted by reelapeelin (Post 2998744)
BP's response to build berms to protect the Gulf shores adjacent to this gusher (ain't no LEAK!), bring in Super Tankers to control what's loose and then to stop this flow have been anemic at best...obviously more could and should have been done to protect these fragile wetlands.

There is no sense of urgency.

The only way to instill a sense of urgency into these people is to disrupt their cash flow.

STOP BUYING BP GASOLINE TODAY!

If someone else has already posted this, my apologies, but it's time to do SOMETHING that'll stick it to these corporate jerks and pinchin' off their $$$ is the only thing they'll understand.

Should they go out of business.....who's going to pay? YOU.

PRO-BLU 05-26-2010 03:05 PM


Originally Posted by flyau98 (Post 2998945)
If you are so smart, why don't you go down and take over?

I imagine BP has some fault here, but this blowout could have happened to any one of the rigs... And its not like there is some brilliant, guaranteed to stop it method out there that BP just doesn't feel like trying.

But your idea...bankrupting them, that will definitely help them have the cash flow to keep working on it.

I hear CITGO aka Venezuelan Petroleum would like to have your money, and they promise to be more responsible with it.

There is over a trillion dollars in oil rigs sitting in the gulf. Which means they have to be making at least 50x that much each year or they wouldnt be in business. I think they have plenty of money to clean the oil up even if we bankrupt them. This one leak is probably like taking 50 of your buddies out to dinner every night in normal people money terms, which means about $2-20 million a day BP money.

A Few Dollars 05-26-2010 03:05 PM

Do any of y'all believe that just because you are at BRAND A gas station you are actually getting BRAND A gasoline?

Those that do please contact me about the Brooklyn Bridge that I have for sale. :rofl:

PRO-BLU 05-26-2010 03:06 PM

I say boycott them now, then when the spill is cleaned up , burn their buildings to the ground. See how they like getting all their stuff screwed up.

fishinmaniac 05-26-2010 03:09 PM


Originally Posted by A Few Dollars (Post 2998966)
Do any of y'all believe that just because you are at BRAND A gas station you are actually getting BRAND A gasoline?

Those that do please contact me about the Brooklyn Bridge that I have for sale. :rofl:


:rofl::rofl::rofl: :thumbsup:

Exactly!

ScarabChris 05-26-2010 03:10 PM

I agree somewhat on both points.

This thing has been gushing oil for over a month. I am amazed they couldn't figure out how to at least slow it down by now.

My opinion? They are using the "top kill" method as a last resort, but it has the greatest chance of working. So why wait so long to use what seems like such a simple resolution? I think its because this method will kill the well. Their prior attempts were not to stop the oil flow but to contain it so it could be used for profit.

To me that seems like they were more concerned with their profit margin more than the affect the gusher would have on the environment and economy. In other words....greed!

I wouldn't be so harsh if I didn't feel like the oil companies were screwing us. There is no reason gas can't be under 2.50 a gallon. But we have been paying well over that with exception of the quick drop last year. Hell the year before we were paying well over 4.00.

So take those billions and kill the friggin well. Then take more of our billions and drill a new well and get on with business. I see 3+ a gallon gas in the near future and I'm sure it will be blamed on this oil spill.

So yeah....screw em! Boycott BP gas, this will force them to lower their prices which will make the other follow and maybe we can see some reasonable gas prices for a change.

Thats my take on it.

2StrokenMako261 05-26-2010 03:11 PM


Originally Posted by A Few Dollars (Post 2998966)
Do any of y'all believe that just because you are at BRAND A gas station you are actually getting BRAND A gasoline?

Those that do please contact me about the Brooklyn Bridge that I have for sale. :rofl:


+1:bashhh:

A Few Dollars 05-26-2010 03:12 PM


Originally Posted by ScarabChris (Post 2998977)
So yeah....screw em! Boycott BP gas, this will force them to lower their prices which will make the other follow and maybe we can see some reasonable gas prices for a change.

Thats my take on it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I guess you missed my post. ;?

t3rockhall 05-26-2010 03:14 PM

BP no longer owns or operates the vast majority of BP branded sites in the U.S. Even though it supplies fuel to regional distributors and independent franchise owners. As AFD notes above, and as as reported on TV and elsewhere, the independent owners may get their gas anywhere (surprise!) because gasoline is a fungible commodity.

That said, it's YOUR money, and you're free to spend it wherever you want. But you're not hurting BP by passing their stations. Me? I have so many stations near my home that I simply shop by price. I have an unbranded Raceway near me, and his prices are matched by a Gulf station and a Getty, all within a mile of each other.

ScarabChris 05-26-2010 03:16 PM


Originally Posted by A Few Dollars (Post 2998981)
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I guess you missed my post. ;?

I did see your post after mine went live. And I agree. But I think if you are at a BP gas station you are pumping BP gas. But if you are at one of the smaller name stations you could also be pumping BP gas.

But if you're at a Shell or Chevron do you think you're pumping BP gas?

A Few Dollars 05-26-2010 03:21 PM


Originally Posted by ScarabChris (Post 2998990)
But I think if you are at a BP gas station you are pumping BP gas.

Then you would be wrong


But if you are at one of the smaller name stations you could also be pumping BP gas.
Possibly


But if you're at a Shell or Chevron do you think you're pumping BP gas?
Not always

c_mccann 05-26-2010 03:29 PM

That's right- BUY AMERICAN too- American cars are all made with parts manufactured by hardwroking little american artisans and tradesman. They carve each and every car out of american love for their beloved citizens. How cute..
Remember the brilliant campaign from the tree-huggers about not buying gas for one day.. boy, they stuck it to the man good that time.

BP will get their little mess cleaned up, get thir buns sued, and then stick it to the shareholders, which will spur a buying frenzy on undervalued BP stock and make them better capatalized and the stock price will go up. The financial world is like a broken record.

A Few Dollars 05-26-2010 03:30 PM

:thumbsup: How's that Exxon stock?

petebal 05-26-2010 03:37 PM

Dunno....my pickup runs on used veggie oil...anyone have plans to convert a yammi 115???

ScarabChris 05-26-2010 03:53 PM


Originally Posted by A Few Dollars (Post 2999001)
Then you would be wrong

Possibly

Not always

So no BP gas at a BP station?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.9.3.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.