Notices

IRAQ!!! protesting at funerals

Old 05-26-2010, 06:57 AM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 998
Default IRAQ!!! protesting at funerals

I usually don't post in this forum but I couldnt believe this when I read it this morning. If anyone knows of a foundation that fights this group please let me know and I will donate to them.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...al-protesters/

What a bunch of scumbags. Maybe we should kill them before dealing with the terrorists. I thought there couldnt be anyone worst than a terrorist but apparently there is.
jonathanmorris8 is offline  
Old 05-26-2010, 07:06 AM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 3,261
Default

I'm not sure what the IRAQ!!! in the title is for because this has nothing to do with Iraq. Is is a family of religious nut jobs, the Phelpes' from Westboro Kansas, who do these protests at military funerals because in their view the military tolerates gays and this is a way to get attention to their objection. They are heartless, disgusting, vile individuals. I understand it is the mother of the family who is the main instigator of these so-called protests.
itwonder is offline  
Old 05-26-2010, 07:16 AM
  #3  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 998
Default

The article is about a kid killed in Iraq.

ASSOCIATED PRESS This undated file photo provided by the Snyder family shows Lance Cpl. Matthew A. Snyder, of Finksburg, Md., who was killed in a non-combat vehicle accident in Iraq, March 3, 2006. Lance Cpl. Snyder's 2006 funeral was picketed by members of the Westboro Baptist Church, which believes military deaths are the work of a wrathful God who punishes the United States for tolerating homosexuality

Last edited by jonathanmorris8; 05-26-2010 at 07:33 AM.
jonathanmorris8 is offline  
Old 05-26-2010, 07:56 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, US
Posts: 14,527
Default

Yeah, but they have been doing it at any military funeral.

Bike groups have been dealing with them. Where ever this "religious" family show up the bikers also show and create a barrier between these nutjobs and the funeral.

there was a thread on here not so long ago about a father who sued the "church" leader but was having a tough time because of constitutionally protected freedom of speech.
Menzies is offline  
Old 05-26-2010, 08:00 AM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 11,851
Default

Originally Posted by Menzies View Post

there was a thread on here not so long ago about a father who sued the "church" leader but was having a tough time because of constitutionally protected freedom of speech.

he lost and had to pay the maggots legal fee's
bigjimmie is offline  
Old 05-26-2010, 08:22 AM
  #6  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 998
Default

I understand that but this article was about an IRAQ soldier. That is why I put it in the title. Does anyone know of an organization that fights them? I would love to donate to them. Glad to see Bikers doing something. Maybe they take donations?
jonathanmorris8 is offline  
Old 05-26-2010, 08:50 AM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Venice, Florida
Posts: 16,865
Default

Originally Posted by jonathanmorris8 View Post
Maybe they take donations?

Go buy some Meth!
Mr. Demeanor is offline  
Old 05-26-2010, 07:12 PM
  #8  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 230
Default

Originally Posted by jonathanmorris8 View Post
I usually don't post in this forum but I couldnt believe this when I read it this morning. If anyone knows of a foundation that fights this group please let me know and I will donate to them.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...al-protesters/

What a bunch of scumbags. Maybe we should kill them before dealing with the terrorists. I thought there couldnt be anyone worst than a terrorist but apparently there is.
Originally Posted by jonathanmorris8 View Post
I understand that but this article was about an IRAQ soldier. That is why I put it in the title. Does anyone know of an organization that fights them? I would love to donate to them. Glad to see Bikers doing something. Maybe they take donations?
The "Patriot Guard Riders"...details here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Guard_Riders

An upright, outstanding group...have seen them in action...at funerals attended by my favorite charity...see signature.
rondebmar is offline  
Old 05-27-2010, 04:20 AM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 998
Default

That is what I was looking for. THANKS!
jonathanmorris8 is offline  
Old 05-27-2010, 05:01 AM
  #10  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sailfish Capital & Black Hills SD
Posts: 16,007
Default

Patriot Guard, the only MC club I belong to. A great group of people.
Afishinado is offline  
Old 05-27-2010, 10:38 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern Lower Michigan
Posts: 2,612
Default

"Christians" who behave in that manner give real Christians a bad name.
That is reprehensible no matter what religion or creed they adhere to and if they think they are following the example of Christ they could not be more wrong.
s_ebels is offline  
Old 05-27-2010, 11:33 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,595
Default

Originally Posted by Mr. Demeanor View Post
Go buy some Meth!
I think he's refering to donating to the motorcycle club, not the protesters.....
Ranger88 is offline  
Old 05-27-2010, 11:36 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, US
Posts: 14,527
Default

Originally Posted by Ranger88 View Post
I think he's refering to donating to the motorcycle club, not the protesters.....
I think he was suggesting buying the motorcycle club meth and not the protesters....
Menzies is offline  
Old 05-27-2010, 11:53 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,595
Default

Originally Posted by Menzies View Post
I think he was suggesting buying the motorcycle club meth and not the protesters....
Hey thanks Menz,

I guess I don't see the humor either way....must be over my head....
Ranger88 is offline  
Old 05-29-2010, 05:20 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: too close to philly
Posts: 2,432
Default

Originally Posted by rondebmar View Post
The "Patriot Guard Riders"...details here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patriot_Guard_Riders

An upright, outstanding group...have seen them in action...at funerals attended by my favorite charity...see signature.
p.g.r. won't teach you how to ride, just what to ride for.

and i don't see the humor in the meth remark, myself.
jakebrake is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread