Notices

Dania # 7

Old 02-07-2010, 11:17 AM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: West Va/Fl/PA
Posts: 6,671
Question Dania # 7

Watched the Arca race last night at the speedway--- I witnessed her talent after a 3 time F1 Champion ( Neslon Piquet) hit her coming out of turn 4--- she when down in the grass shot up toward the wall corrected and continued-- she showed her talent-- after the pit crew changed tires and corrected the toe-in --- she worked back up from last to claim 6th-- if someone had gone with her on the outside ie pushed her ; she could have possibly won-- however done of the veteran were going to take a chance on the " rookie" female-- --- I believe we are going to hear a lot about this " Female Driver " once she makes up her mind to drop Indy cars and go full time---- Last night she showed she could run with the boys---The last races of 2010 is Homestead, Fl on Nov 21st, 2010--" I guess time will tell" if she has ran with the boys or just been in the race
Eyehooker is offline  
Old 02-07-2010, 11:51 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,103
Default

I've never watched her because I dont watch Indy. I already hate what the media is doin to her. She's with one of the best teams in NASCAR...undeservingly IMO. I hate her stupid freakin commercials.
But....then I watched her race last nite. I was very very imptressed. She was trading paint with Carmichael (I think) for 6th spot on last lap. ARCA is very different from Nationwide, out of 40ish cars running in Arca realistically a dozen have a shot at being up front. She is very marketable,and will bring LOTS of money to her teams. I wouldnt have said this two days ago,but I hope she runs Nationwide next week...I'll be watchin to see what she gots
llord is offline  
Old 02-07-2010, 01:46 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: new iberia, Louisiana
Posts: 481
Default

That is not Nelson Piquet the 3 time F1 champ...that is is son Nelson Piquet Jr. He got kicked out of formula 1 for intentionally wrecking, which brought out the caution and allowed his team mate to win the championship. Danica Patrick did drive a hell of a race though.
frzngator0 is offline  
Old 02-07-2010, 02:55 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ft Lauderdale Fl
Posts: 5,989
Default

Trying to find the right words here. Almost every post that has to do with Danica is just bashing her and why, Because she is a woman in a mans sport and she has attitude. Nobody here even watches her race for whatever reason but you will bash her just the same. Then she decides to take a shot at the original "good ole boy" sport and BAM it gets downright nasty. Then she trades paint just like one of the guys in her first race and now she is OK? just freakin ridiculous. Lets just hate the bitch cause she is a woman in a mans sport right? nothing wrong with that. It never occurred to me before that a large number of men who fished really are racists and male chauvinists. I guess the men in South Florida are a little different.
bumster is offline  
Old 02-08-2010, 09:50 AM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: West Va/Fl/PA
Posts: 6,671
Default

She is going to race on Sat with the big boys-- over 20 cup drivers are going to be in the nationwide race--- Boy you got me on Nelson Piquet someone should tell the announcer-- maybe just my hearing from loud cars and tanks-- " The girls " have done Ok in Motor Sports-- Top Fuel Champion --- Bike Champion---They have always been in Motor Sports --- Danica is just doing the marketing game better than the rest including the BOYS-- Lets not forget she signed with JR Motorsport -- The King of selling in Nascar--- Danica trailer was swapped with people buying Nascar Stuff-- the only had 1 Jacket-- vendor told me they could have sold a 100 before I arrived LOL This was BEFORE the race-- I order one as Chraistmas present when she signed to drive-- the 8/9 weeks
Eyehooker is offline  
Old 02-08-2010, 09:55 AM
  #6  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Houston,Tx,U.S.A
Posts: 11,684
Default

I hope she wins rookie of the year and the championship this season, she can handle a car no doubt about that...


John
jtburf is offline  
Old 02-08-2010, 10:07 AM
  #7  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: On The Razors Edge
Posts: 9,934
Default

Not a damn thing wrong with Danica. Good for her! I only wish she had put Piquet Jr. into the wall. What a puss! Piquet that is!
Just1more is offline  
Old 02-08-2010, 10:09 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,103
Default

Originally Posted by bumster View Post
Trying to find the right words here. Almost every post that has to do with Danica is just bashing her and why, Because she is a woman in a mans sport and she has attitude. Nobody here even watches her race for whatever reason but you will bash her just the same. Then she decides to take a shot at the original "good ole boy" sport and BAM it gets downright nasty. Then she trades paint just like one of the guys in her first race and now she is OK? just freakin ridiculous. Lets just hate the bitch cause she is a woman in a mans sport right? nothing wrong with that. It never occurred to me before that a large number of men who fished really are racists and male chauvinists. I guess the men in South Florida are a little different.
What freaking thread are you reading??No one bashed her here??Just the opposite.I guess men in S Fl are a little "different" when it comes to comprehension. BTW do you have a picture of Tebow over your bed??
llord is offline  
Old 02-10-2010, 07:37 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ft Lauderdale Fl
Posts: 5,989
Default

Originally Posted by llord View Post
What freaking thread are you reading??No one bashed her here??Just the opposite.I guess men in S Fl are a little "different" when it comes to comprehension. BTW do you have a picture of Tebow over your bed??
I was not referring to this thread. I was referring to every other post about her
bumster is offline  
Old 02-10-2010, 02:48 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,103
Default

Originally Posted by bumster View Post
I was not referring to this thread. I was referring to every other post about her
Gotcha..Sorry
Did anybody here Jr. drop the Fbomb on ESPN live today while he was talking to Danika and crew chief??He was saying how fckn lose that car was last year in turn such and such, if I heard correctly. I don't believe he will get fined,because he didn't know cameras were on. Anyway it was funny
llord is offline  
Old 02-11-2010, 06:29 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DE
Posts: 2,106
Default

I have no problem with Danica other than at one point she was overrated as a driver and everyone was still worshipping her. Fact is she got very popular as an average driver 'cuz she is a woman. I will say in the past 2 or 3 years she has improved greatly and deserves the attention and opportunities she has earned.
starmonk is offline  
Old 02-11-2010, 07:58 AM
  #12  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: West Carolina
Posts: 21,925
Default

Wonder why she decided to drive slower cars?
Shag is offline  
Old 02-11-2010, 08:08 AM
  #13  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: East Central Florida
Posts: 7,281
Default

The hype about Danica is tiresome. You would think she is the first woman to compete in NASCAR which is not even close to being true. Louise Smith was running and winning 60 years ago.

Janet Guthrie raced in Cup in the mid 70's.
Seacat FL is offline  
Old 02-11-2010, 08:18 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 8,452
Default

Originally Posted by Shag View Post
Wonder why she decided to drive slower cars?

If i had to guess - $$$$$ and lots of it.
OReely is offline  
Old 02-11-2010, 03:17 PM
  #15  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montrose, AL
Posts: 2,547
Default

I don't watch racing at all but, she's pretty hot.
camnbo is offline  
Old 02-11-2010, 03:18 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Too far from salt.
Posts: 10,019
Default

I don't care anything about NASCAR but, one thing no one can deny.................................she is the best looking driver out there!
DFreedom is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 11:13 AM
  #17  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: West Va/Fl/PA
Posts: 6,671
Default

Danica is the best thing that has happened to Nascar in a long time-- people are seating in the stands-- those butts pay big $$ to watch her race--- the owers like her for lots of reasons but the biggest is $$$$ her trailer/ internet sales are 3rd-- yes 3rd out of ALL the drivers!!!-- Good looking Yes --Loved by Male fans Yes -- Loved by female fans Yes!!!-- biggest item-- marketable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was on CSI the other day -- the TV shows are screaming for her-- If she can preform on the track Sat against the Big boys look out ---Dale Jr ie JR Motorsport will hit the jackpot and then Dale Jr. can consider when he is going to retire just like Michael Waltrip
Eyehooker is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 12:22 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,103
Default

Originally Posted by Eyehooker View Post
Danica is the best thing that has happened to Nascar in a long time-- people are seating in the stands-- those butts pay big $$ to watch her race--- the owers like her for lots of reasons but the biggest is $$$$ her trailer/ internet sales are 3rd-- yes 3rd out of ALL the drivers!!!-- Good looking Yes --Loved by Male fans Yes -- Loved by female fans Yes!!!-- biggest item-- marketable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was on CSI the other day -- the TV shows are screaming for her-- If she can preform on the track Sat against the Big boys look out ---Dale Jr ie JR Motorsport will hit the jackpot and then Dale Jr. can consider when he is going to retire just like Michael Waltrip
Just curious who is 1st and 2nd? Jr. , Gordon,Johnson, I'm guessing?
Viewing for ARCA was up over 50%,unreal. Nationwide Saturday will probably be higher. I personally think its bullsh!t. T!tties sell thats for sure
llord is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 01:37 PM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,845
Default

There was actually a few woman in the Arca race. i cant recall the name of one of them but she was in the top 5 all day and clearly is as talanted as Danica. She was fighting for a chance to get in the top two when she go shuffled back which can happen to anyone at Daytona. I still think Danica is a little overrated. She has talant but she wont win any championship this year, maybe a Nationwide race
surrender is offline  
Old 02-12-2010, 01:46 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,103
Default

I think 6 or 7 women raced...Alli Owens is who your thinking of. Danica will have a top 5 car under her a$$ all year. Justin Algaier(SP) is probably the best young driver out there.Look for him to move up,I just dont think he can bring money to the table....but a he!! of a racer.
llord is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread