Notices

Reputation Points

Old 08-30-2009, 06:46 AM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Not in Texas
Posts: 10,213
Default Reputation Points

Ok, now that THT has implemented a "reputation point" system, I wanna play.

If all of you folks reading this would be so kind as to click on the scales icon next to this msg and give me a positive reputation rating ...

Yeah, what the hell was I thinking?!?
Eyeball is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 07:46 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, US
Posts: 14,527
Default

just gave you a point!
Menzies is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 08:02 AM
  #3  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Not in Texas
Posts: 10,213
Default

Thank you -- the favor has been returned.
Eyeball is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 08:04 AM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 3,077
Default

Likewise I gave you a point
TimW Texas is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 10:03 AM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 8,782
Default

I can see that this new system is gonna be "fun"...

I've seen it used on some of the other sites that I frequent, but this one can get a little rowdy at times.

Should be interesting...
ABoater is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 10:04 AM
  #6  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 10
Default

What the heck is this reputation point thing? Anyone know?
Richard_Kuhn is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 10:06 AM
  #7  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Posts: 8,782
Default

Originally Posted by Richard_Kuhn View Post
What the heck is this reputation point thing? Anyone know?






For a positive rep point, I'll tell you!

Muhuhahaha!!!
ABoater is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 10:07 AM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,406
Default

Originally Posted by Richard_Kuhn View Post
What the heck is this reputation point thing? Anyone know?

The same type of Rep system is in place on other forums I use. I've explained what I know about the Rep system over several posts on this thread:
http://www.thehulltruth.com/bilge/24...eputation.html

Be warned... that thread is in the Bilge
Gulf Coast Girl is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 10:08 AM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Edgewater, NJ
Posts: 4,706
Default

Originally Posted by ABoater View Post
For a positive rep point, I'll tell you!

Muhuhahaha!!!
That deserved a point.
DarthBaiter is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 10:32 AM
  #10  
THT Sponsor
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: BOEmarine.com
Posts: 17,493
Default

I tried to implement this system on the Sea Ray forum I own. It didn't go well

I think its a neat system, but impementing it after a forum has evolved for many years is tough.
yachtjim is online now  
Old 08-30-2009, 10:51 AM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Out west
Posts: 3,293
Default

I just gave a bunch of reputation points. I tried to give Darth Baiter a second point and a hateful box popped up and said I had to spread it around before I could give Darth a second brownie button. That's just not "fair."

I'm so sorry Darth. Should I push the mommy button?
dssmith is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 10:54 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
fidhhook54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 21,113
Default

I once met a village slut that had a great reputation...
fidhhook54 is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 10:54 AM
  #13  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Out west
Posts: 3,293
Default

Originally Posted by dssmith View Post
I just gave a bunch of reputation points. I tried to give Darth Baiter a second point and a hateful box popped up and said I had to spread it around before I could give Darth a second brownie button. That's just not "fair."

I'm so sorry Darth. Should I push the mommy button?
And what's worse, I just tried to give myself a reputation point for my own post. I received another hateful popup box that says "I have no reputation points for my post!!!!!!!!!"

What's this world coming to if you can't even vote for yourself???
dssmith is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 10:56 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stuart, FL
Posts: 1,675
Default

I believe this is a good system as long as it has consequences. This is a great site and I enjoy a civil exchange of opposing thoughts. Sometimes you folks change my mind concerning particular issues which is a healthy learning process. For this I am appreciative.

When people engage in fruitless argument that becomes personally insulting it is motivation to abandon such a place. You can, "read between the lines", as to who is constructive and who is not. We are supposed to be here because we enjoy discussion about the water, boating and fishing in some fashion and wish to either help someone, receive help or learn something. Individuals who are constantly combative in a disrespectful manner should be removed as this will only make this a better place.
PROFINITY is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 10:59 AM
  #15  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Edgewater, NJ
Posts: 4,706
Default

Originally Posted by dssmith View Post
And what's worse, I just tried to give myself a reputation point for my own post. I received another hateful popup box that says "I have no reputation points for my post!!!!!!!!!"

What's this world coming to if you can't even vote for yourself???
Don't sweat it, I made up for it by giving you a point.
It seems you can only give one point for each post...so if you want...you can give me another point on this post.

opps I was wrong...one point for the poster regardless of how many posts.
DarthBaiter is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 11:04 AM
  #16  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 53,966
Default

Joan Jett - Bad Reputation

A Few Dollars is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 11:07 AM
  #17  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Edgewater, NJ
Posts: 4,706
Default

She might have given a damn if she was a memeber of THT.
DarthBaiter is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 11:23 AM
  #18  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Marlin009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: West Coast FL
Posts: 14,960
Default

Originally Posted by PROFINITY View Post
I believe this is a good system as long as it has consequences. This is a great site and I enjoy a civil exchange of opposing thoughts. Sometimes you folks change my mind concerning particular issues which is a healthy learning process. For this I am appreciative.

When people engage in fruitless argument that becomes personally insulting it is motivation to abandon such a place. You can, "read between the lines", as to who is constructive and who is not. We are supposed to be here because we enjoy discussion about the water, boating and fishing in some fashion and wish to either help someone, receive help or learn something. Individuals who are constantly combative in a disrespectful manner should be removed as this will only make this a better place.
I agree to some extent and I think the mods do a very good job of that already. Some, with a great sense of humor. Using this rating system to 'vote someone off the island' so to speak is a slippery slope. It is supposed to be a group of likeminded people and I think it is. It just depends on how far you want to take it. Just my opinion.
Marlin009 is online now  
Old 08-30-2009, 11:51 AM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
triumphrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Masaryktown, Fla.
Posts: 16,977
Default

What the hell..hope you deserve one, since I gave you one. Is this political in nature??.....
triumphrick is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 12:05 PM
  #20  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Marlin009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: West Coast FL
Posts: 14,960
Default

Originally Posted by triumphrick View Post
What the hell..hope you deserve one, since I gave you one. Is this political in nature??.....
Right back at ya. I'm assuming the one you gave me was good, it doesn't say and I have zero points. If not, I'll have to hit the mommy button.

It's not politcal yet, but I think it might be close.
Marlin009 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread