Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

New planes that go 8000 miles an hour.

Notices

New planes that go 8000 miles an hour.

Old 08-29-2009, 07:10 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
fidhhook54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 21,113
Default New planes that go 8000 miles an hour.

I heard the booms already, and some
wheather satelites have caugth them...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_(aircraft)

Pulse detonation engines.

Last edited by fidhhook54; 08-29-2009 at 07:51 PM.
fidhhook54 is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 07:35 PM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 53,966
Default

Have the Men In Black been to your house yet?

They like to come late at night.

Sleep tight.
A Few Dollars is offline  
Old 08-29-2009, 07:48 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
fidhhook54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 21,113
Default

Men in Black, that was my grand father and my grandmother,
they are gone, they used to dress in black all their lives.
I'n not expecting to see them anytime soon...

The other day I heard the multiple booms, I came out
from the house, at 1st I taugh was the space shuttle,
however the shuttle was not even in space yet,
and then the shuttle its a single boom, this new airplane makes several booms.


I hear the shuttle boom evertime it lands in FL.
fidhhook54 is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 05:32 AM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: CT
Posts: 18,350
Default

There have been extremely loud low flying aircraft over southern CT this last week - the Air Force said they were routine training missions from a base in Deleware.

The aliens may be us.
LI Sound Grunt is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 05:37 AM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Marlin009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: West Coast FL
Posts: 14,995
Default

The shuttle is a double boom.

Then again, maybe that's just what they tell us.
Marlin009 is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 06:26 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
fidhhook54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 21,113
Default

Originally Posted by Marlin009 View Post
The shuttle is a double boom.

Then again, maybe that's just what they tell us.
In Tampa I only hear a single boom.
fidhhook54 is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 06:38 AM
  #7  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Raleigh, NC usa
Posts: 5,206
Default

Originally Posted by Marlin009 View Post
The shuttle is a double boom.

Then again, maybe that's just what they tell us.
When i was living in Ojai, CA, i heard the shuttle sonic booms a few times. There were always two of them.
Hydro is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 07:01 AM
  #8  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Marlin009's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: West Coast FL
Posts: 14,995
Default

Originally Posted by fidhhook54 View Post
In Tampa I only hear a single boom.
I'd say most of the time we can only hear one, I think it depends on the direction it is coming in. I have heard the double a few times. When I've watched on TV it is always a double.

A series of unusual sonic booms were detected in Southern California, beginning in mid to late 1991. On at least five occasions, these sonic booms were recorded by at least 25 of the 220 U.S. Geological Survey sensors across Southern California used to pinpoint earthquake epicenters. The incidents were recorded in June, October and November 1990, late January 1991, and in mid 1994.[citation needed] Seismologists[who?] estimate that the aircraft were flying at speeds between Mach 5 and 6 (3,300-4,000 mph) and at altitudes of 8–10 km (26,200-32,800 ft). The aircraft's flight path was in a north-northeast direction, consistent with flight paths to secret test ranges in Nevada.[citation needed] Seismologists say[who?] that the sonic booms were characteristic of a smaller vehicle rather than the 37-meter long shuttle orbiter. Furthermore, neither the shuttle nor NASA's single SR-71B was operating on the days the booms were registered.[9] It is not definitively known if these events can be tied to the Aurora program or to other acknowledged or secret programs.[original research?]

Things that make you go hmmmm.
Marlin009 is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 07:41 AM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: On The Razors Edge
Posts: 9,934
Default

There is no doubt in mind, whatsoever that these are being tested right now.
Keep something in mind, the stealth fighter and bomber were flying our skies for about 10 years before any of us ever saw them!
Just1more is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 08:05 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
fidhhook54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 21,113
Default

mach 3 has been here since the late 60's, they say that the sr71 could achieve mach3,
however the top speed was never disclosed, if the "Concorde" could go 1330 mph,
you know spy planes could go t least double that...
in 50 years the leap to Mach 8 or more is not impossible.

Yeah I was watching a show about aliens yesterday, this is a "new" show about a english guy that goes around the world looking into alien encounter's...

long story short, he says UFO's are USA aircraft,
at the end of the show he has the pictures of the wheather satellite that caught something taking off from Area 51 into Europe that was traveling at 8000 miles an hour,
it left a signature in the sky the whole way into Europe...

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-...-the-world.htm

"If the type of engine is not limited to say, jet powered engines, then the North American X-15 is the fastest airplane in the world. Powered by a rocket engine, the X-15 is said to have reached speeds of Mach 6.85, or 4,520 miles per hour (7,274 kilometers per hour). Like the X-43, it too is launched mid-air from a B-52. The X-15 has also achieved altitude records by reaching 67 miles (107.8 kilometers) on 22 August 1963, earning some of its pilots the designation of "astronaut" by the United States Air Force (USAF). The X-15 is powered by a rocket engine, however, so it is technically half rocket, arguably eliminating it from the running of fastest airplane in the world."

you know for how long they kept the 71 a "secret"...

Last edited by fidhhook54; 08-30-2009 at 09:02 AM.
fidhhook54 is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 09:29 AM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: West Carolina
Posts: 21,930
Default

Originally Posted by Just1more View Post

Keep something in mind, the stealth fighter and bomber were flying our skies for about 10 years before any of us ever saw them!
Duh, you're not supposed to be able to see them.






Shag is online now  
Old 08-30-2009, 09:59 AM
  #12  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Whitesboro, texas
Posts: 8,050
Default

The Stealth fighter is Sub Sonic [ Does not break the sound barrier ]
The SR71/A12/YF12 started flying in 1964 , the speed of these planes is MACH 3.2 + and cieling is 80,000 feet . In 1978 it was in the News Paper that the SR71 OUT RAN a S.A.M. over India . Everyone knows Surface to Air Missiles fly at 4000 MPH .

I worked at Edwards AFB for all of 1991 up on the rock [ Vertical test stand 1000' above the lake bed ] and I did not see a lot of planes fly [ BOO ] Get it , did not.............SEE THEM FLY . B1B, SR71,B2,F117, Space shuttle land twice, The now retired B52 that launched the X-planes and others, Weird planes with or with out a pilot in them .

Oh Great, now the MIBs are coming to my house.
welder is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 10:57 AM
  #13  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 1,510
Default

When I lived in Santa Barbara and the shuttle was diverted to Edwards AFB - we all knew because of the two sonic booms. I also knew when Reagan was going to his ranch because the White House and the press corps always rented our IBM Selectric typewriters and returned them with the correcting ribbons missing. Missing because the ribbons were punched out with the letters they typed. er... you could read what they typed...

This was just before the Apple 1 came out.

Of course growing up in Maryland, I remember F-86's flying in Middle River, and the Gemini rocket being worked on there. Feeling old.

I live in Delaware now, spelled; D E L A W A R E. No jets there (Dover AFB) that go boom, just large transport planes. So I don't think our planes were disturbing the good people of connetekit.

Dave
dpowell is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 06:59 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern Lower Michigan
Posts: 2,543
Default

I think our dept of defense has a boatload of stuff that is not made public..........and does a lot of stuff not made public.

Put 2 and 2 together on this regarding N Korean missile tests.

There's a kindly old Irish gent who lives around here whose son is in the upper echelons of a gov't agency that will remain unnamed. The old boy is a red, white and blue patriot to the core and in fact, we had him sing at our 4th of July festivities this year. I was talking with him in the local hardware store about a year or so ago and he related this to me.....and it all makes sense in light of the more recent tests where the mini dic running the show there warned of severe consequences for anyone interfering with that particular test.

The old boy told me that a couple weeks prior to that particular NK test shot, his son called him up and informed him he would be unavailable for an undetermined length of time but not to worry. The son couldn't reveal where he was going or what he would be doing. I'll add here that the son is an electronics and computer genius and carries the highest clearance level in the particular organization he works at. Star wars type stuff is what he is into.

Time passed, NK did that particular launch and the missile "failed" in flight. About the time the network news was carrying that story, the old boy got a phone call from his son who told him he was safe and sound and calling from "somwhere" in the North Pacific. He asked his dad what the news media was saying about the NK missile test. The old boy told him the newsies were simply saying that the missile test had failed. To which the son simply said "perfect" and then told his dad he would be back at his office in a couple days. He wouldn't elaborate any further other than to say that he knew why the missile had failed.
The old boy later surmised by reading between the lines that his kid was on one of our nuclear attack subs at the time he called home and that the sub or something on it had everything to do with the failure of the missile.
Methinks that our guys were out there to show the NK dudes that we could mess with their crap even after it was launched......and we did.

Hey, I'm not making this up, only repeating what I was told by the old boy and I have no reason to doubt him. He's not the bullsh*t type.

Last edited by s_ebels; 08-30-2009 at 07:02 PM. Reason: sp
s_ebels is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 07:08 PM
  #15  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
triumphrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Masaryktown, Fla.
Posts: 17,132
Default

Originally Posted by Shag View Post
Duh, you're not supposed to be able to see them.
On the contrary my friend...radar is not supposed to see them....
triumphrick is online now  
Old 08-30-2009, 07:16 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
fidhhook54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 21,113
Default

Originally Posted by s_ebels View Post
I think our dept of defense has a boatload of stuff that is not made public..........and does a lot of stuff not made public.

Put 2 and 2 together on this regarding N Korean missile tests.

There's a kindly old Irish gent who lives around here whose son is in the upper echelons of a gov't agency that will remain unnamed. The old boy is a red, white and blue patriot to the core and in fact, we had him sing at our 4th of July festivities this year. I was talking with him in the local hardware store about a year or so ago and he related this to me.....and it all makes sense in light of the more recent tests where the mini dic running the show there warned of severe consequences for anyone interfering with that particular test.

The old boy told me that a couple weeks prior to that particular NK test shot, his son called him up and informed him he would be unavailable for an undetermined length of time but not to worry. The son couldn't reveal where he was going or what he would be doing. I'll add here that the son is an electronics and computer genius and carries the highest clearance level in the particular organization he works at. Star wars type stuff is what he is into.

Time passed, NK did that particular launch and the missile "failed" in flight. About the time the network news was carrying that story, the old boy got a phone call from his son who told him he was safe and sound and calling from "somwhere" in the North Pacific. He asked his dad what the news media was saying about the NK missile test. The old boy told him the newsies were simply saying that the missile test had failed. To which the son simply said "perfect" and then told his dad he would be back at his office in a couple days. He wouldn't elaborate any further other than to say that he knew why the missile had failed.
The old boy later surmised by reading between the lines that his kid was on one of our nuclear attack subs at the time he called home and that the sub or something on it had everything to do with the failure of the missile.
Methinks that our guys were out there to show the NK dudes that we could mess with their crap even after it was launched......and we did.

Hey, I'm not making this up, only repeating what I was told by the old boy and I have no reason to doubt him. He's not the bullsh*t type.

Not big deal, when the news came out I knew they made it fail, even if shot down my existing methods, NK will never say there was outside
interference...
fidhhook54 is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 07:29 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern Lower Michigan
Posts: 2,543
Default

Originally Posted by fidhhook54 View Post
Not big deal, when the news came out I knew they made it fail, even if shot down my existing methods, NK will never say there was outside
interference...

I agree 100% The NK's would never admit to one of their NoDong missiles being unable to "get up"

(Pun intended)

Just thought it was interesting to hear the little jerk specifically warning against "interference" during the latest round of tests.
s_ebels is offline  
Old 08-30-2009, 07:32 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
fidhhook54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 21,113
Default

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electro...c_pulse_weapon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_warfare

I studied electronics, this stuff is not impossible.
they have ways of making stuff fail without intercepting
it by conventional methods,
to me this stuff is not even secret, yeah is secret for people that dont know better.

they can remotely fry any product that has electronics very easy.
yeah is not made public, however a few people know its going on.

8 years ago was secret, is not even secret anylonger.

Last edited by fidhhook54; 08-30-2009 at 08:31 PM.
fidhhook54 is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 05:00 PM
  #19  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
fidhhook54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 21,113
Default

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/el...id=VIDURVEDU05

they already have EMP cannon's, they can bring any product with electronics
down...

if this stuff gets in hands of the enemy, you will see airplanes and
other stuff going down misterious...
fidhhook54 is offline  
Old 09-05-2009, 05:18 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Solomons, Maryland / Now just visiting Marathon
Posts: 4,787
Default

If the DOD made everything public, other nations would have our designs before we finished the cloaked project. Not good....
The SR-71 is still flying, though supposedly not by the USAF.
The CIA still uses it and NASA also does for high altitude atmospheric tests.
The SR-71 does not have a publicly published ceiling, though it is purported to be as high as 120,000 feet.
It can and does, normally go above 80,000'.

There is always something cooking in the Skunk Works, the so called black projects.
Did ya know that they start in Burbank (I think) right amongst the public in a special building?
There was a show on History channel that showed the building and talked about it.
Steve_250 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread