Notices

I10 to New Orleans

Old 07-19-2009, 05:52 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, US
Posts: 14,527
Default I10 to New Orleans

Will be driving from Jax to New Orleans tomorrow for a basketball tournament. I haven't heard of any issues left over from the 'canes.

Anyone been through that way - any watch-outs. Bridge detours etc.?

We will be driving from about 9am to 7pm so traffic shouldn't be an issue.
Menzies is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 06:00 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Lafayette, La.
Posts: 3,910
Default

Smooth sailing! No problems.
beenie is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 06:08 AM
  #3  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ms Gulf Coast
Posts: 1,136
Default

downtown NO is conjested with the microsoft convention this weekend, MS interstates [I10] has no construction going on.
Mac25 is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 06:59 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, US
Posts: 14,527
Default

Originally Posted by Mac25 View Post
downtown NO is conjested with the microsoft convention this weekend, MS interstates [I10] has no construction going on.
I'll be there Monday evening so hopefully that will have finished - I suspect so because I got the Renaissance for $50 through Priceline!
Menzies is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 07:24 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Slidell, LA
Posts: 139
Default

Going west bound they usually close down a lane on the I10 over Lake Pontchartrain during the day for bridge maintenance (still the old bridge). You may have a bit of traffic there. If you are coming through after 3:00 pm you should be ok.
alblancher is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 05:01 PM
  #6  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: South Mississippi / NOLA
Posts: 384
Default

Originally Posted by alblancher View Post
Going west bound they usually close down a lane on the I10 over Lake Pontchartrain during the day for bridge maintenance (still the old bridge). You may have a bit of traffic there. If you are coming through after 3:00 pm you should be ok.
In addition to that, watch your speed through Harrison County, MS and through Slidell, LA.
t5killer is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 05:58 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, US
Posts: 14,527
Default

Originally Posted by t5killer View Post
In addition to that, watch your speed through Harrison County, MS and through Slidell, LA.
What's the nearest town where I cross into Harrison.

I'm not really a speeder - normally around 5 over the limit, 70 in a 65, 75 in a 70 etc. And I think that's just to make me feel I can beat the Mapquest estimate!!
Menzies is offline  
Old 07-19-2009, 09:52 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: A store where the people meet
Posts: 4,430
Default

Originally Posted by Menzies View Post
I'll be there Monday evening so hopefully that will have finished - I suspect so because I got the Renaissance for $50 through Priceline!
Did William Shatner come to your home with "No Fee"?
AGENT86 is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread