Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Angels Pitcher Killed in Car Crash

Notices

Angels Pitcher Killed in Car Crash

Old 04-09-2009, 10:35 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island Sound
Posts: 2,298
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Angels Pitcher Killed in Car Crash

This is really sad.
Nick Adenhart, a 22 year old pitcher for the Los Angeles Angels was killed by a hit and run driver last night.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la...0,118557.story
Old 04-09-2009, 10:50 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 5,104
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Very sad. So sorry to hear.

It makes you wonder what kind of a person would run away from something like that. Illegal alien? Will be interesting to see.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:04 AM
  #3  
CMP
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: None of yer friggin' bidness, but since you asked nicely, S. NH, E. Orleans,Islamorada, Nashville
Posts: 10,942
Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Venture34 View Post
It makes you wonder what kind of a person would run away from something like that. Illegal alien? Will be interesting to see.
I think you may have nailed it. If not, just some low-life asshole. God rest that kid's soul...

CMP
Old 04-09-2009, 11:26 AM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Not in Texas
Posts: 10,213
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

So Calif is a cesspool of illegal criminal aliens. News is reporting the driver is in custody, not reporting his name -- pretty good indication it's going to be Hispanic once it finally gets out.

It wasn't just the pitcher killed -- two others in the same car also killed, three people total.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:51 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island Sound
Posts: 2,298
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Eyeball View Post
So Calif is a cesspool of illegal criminal aliens. News is reporting the driver is in custody, not reporting his name -- pretty good indication it's going to be Hispanic once it finally gets out.

It wasn't just the pitcher killed -- two others in the same car also killed, three people total.
The suspects name is mentioned at the top of the story. Andrew Gallo.
Maybe you ought to cool it with the conspiracy theories, and just read the article, instead of exploiting a young mans death to further your right wing agenda.
There has been no secret plot designed to hide the suspects name from the public!!!!!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:10 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 5,104
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Soundbounder View Post
The suspects name is mentioned at the top of the story. Andrew Gallo.
Maybe you ought to cool it with the conspiracy theories, and just read the article, instead of exploiting a young mans death to further your right wing agenda.
There has been no secret plot designed to hide the suspects name from the public!!!!!
Your original link did not disclose the name of the driver. The website obviously updated the story in the meantime..

I said "it will be interesting to see" and it appears the reason he ran was "Gallo has a prior DUI conviction and his driver's license had been suspended" and he was suspected of being drunk.

Lighten up Francis. We hear all too often of illegals charged with hit and run type offenses around here. It makes sense - if they are caught they are sent home (or at least they think they will be).
Old 04-09-2009, 12:34 PM
  #7  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: On The Tenna Sea
Posts: 13,887
Received 1,117 Likes on 577 Posts
Default

Figured it would be a repeat offender. More details.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/04/09/angels...ter-ball-game/
Old 04-09-2009, 12:36 PM
  #8  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: West Carolina
Posts: 22,022
Received 1,596 Likes on 864 Posts
Default

Gallo

Surname Origin: Italian, Spanish

http://genealogy.about.com/library/s...name-GALLO.htm
Old 04-09-2009, 12:56 PM
  #9  
CMP
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: None of yer friggin' bidness, but since you asked nicely, S. NH, E. Orleans,Islamorada, Nashville
Posts: 10,942
Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts
Default

As I said-if not an illegal, then a low-life asshole...

CMP
Old 04-09-2009, 01:36 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island Sound
Posts: 2,298
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Venture34 View Post
Your original link did not disclose the name of the driver. The website obviously updated the story in the meantime..

I said "it will be interesting to see" and it appears the reason he ran was "Gallo has a prior DUI conviction and his driver's license had been suspended" and he was suspected of being drunk.

Lighten up Francis. We hear all too often of illegals charged with hit and run type offenses around here. It makes sense - if they are caught they are sent home (or at least they think they will be).
Uh, unless you and Eyeball are the same person, I wasn't responding to your comment. Are you posting under more than one name????
Old 04-09-2009, 01:39 PM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Raleigh, NC usa
Posts: 5,206
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Eyeball View Post
So Calif is a cesspool of illegal criminal aliens. News is reporting the driver is in custody, not reporting his name -- pretty good indication it's going to be Hispanic once it finally gets out.

It wasn't just the pitcher killed -- two others in the same car also killed, three people total.

Typical.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:40 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island Sound
Posts: 2,298
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Shag View Post
Gallo

Surname Origin: Italian, Spanish

http://genealogy.about.com/library/s...name-GALLO.htm
What's your point????
Deport all of the Italians????
Old 04-09-2009, 01:51 PM
  #13  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: West Carolina
Posts: 22,022
Received 1,596 Likes on 864 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Soundbounder View Post
What's your point????
Deport all of the Italians????
I guess I wrongfully assumed that you meant since the name was Gallo he couldn't be Hispanic.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:23 PM
  #14  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Not in Texas
Posts: 10,213
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Venture34 View Post

We hear all too often of illegals charged with hit and run type offenses around here.

If it is a crime, and it is committed in southern Calif, odds are that it is being committed by an illegal criminal alien. That is just the statistical reality of how pervasive the criminal activity of illegal criminal aliens has become in So Cal.

From memory:

Los Angeles County jail - almost 2/3's of the prisoner population are illegal criminal aliens incarcerated for crimes other than being in L.A. illegally.

Calif Prison system - over 50% of the prisoner population are illegal criminal aliens incarcerated for crimes other than being in the state illegally.

Federal Prison system - 1 out of 3 prisoners in federal custody is an illegal criminal alien incarcerated for crimes other than being in the country illegally.



Soundbounder - before I posted I checked several news outlets for the guy's name -- not just the same AP story from several outlets -- several DIFFERENT stories from DIFFERENT sources. At the time I posted there was no mention of the guy's name. And as you can see from the numbers above, the odds are it would have been caused by an illegal criminal alien.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:03 PM
  #15  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: anderson, sc
Posts: 19,518
Received 1,507 Likes on 873 Posts
Default

That is terrible,


What a waste, young man spends his life trying to get the Majors and then this happens and at such a young age
Old 04-10-2009, 06:56 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island Sound
Posts: 2,298
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Shag View Post
I guess I wrongfully assumed that you meant since the name was Gallo he couldn't be Hispanic.
I never said he couldn't be Hispanic.
I questioned EYEBALLS conclusion that he was most likely an illegal immigrant, and the press and police were conspiring to hide that from the public.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:46 PM
  #17  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Not in Texas
Posts: 10,213
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

The guy got charged with 3 counts of murder today.



Originally Posted by Soundbounder View Post

... and the press and police were conspiring to hide that from the public.
You are on your own with that conspiracy crap -- leave me out of it.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:08 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island Sound
Posts: 2,298
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Eyeball View Post
So Calif is a cesspool of illegal criminal aliens. News is reporting the driver is in custody, not reporting his name -- pretty good indication it's going to be Hispanic once it finally gets out.

It wasn't just the pitcher killed -- two others in the same car also killed, three people total.
I think your post clearly states that the name of the suspect was being withheld due to some agenda by the police or press.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.