Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Elon musk is screwing up coming to Texas

Notices

Elon musk is screwing up coming to Texas

Old 02-09-2021, 09:56 AM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Satellite Beach, FL
Posts: 10,745
Received 853 Likes on 410 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by steeveau View Post
This guy calls cannabis dope and those who use it druggies. I wonder if he's consumes alcohol. If so, would that make him a hypocrite, an alcoholic, or both?
he is a known caffeine addict based on other threads.
Old 02-09-2021, 10:22 AM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: coastal tx
Posts: 736
Likes: 0
Received 720 Likes on 447 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Afishinado View Post
Okay, crane got delivered on Friday. My team showed on Sunday to lay the ground work (where to assemble, stage rental crane, man lift, tool trailer etc). Nobody in charge of facility could be found. Monday, 900 people showed up for job interviews! Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nobody returned calls from the contacts given me, Nobody knew where the crane was going to be assembled or used even. The entire time my people were there, they never got (nor did I) ever get a return call... Thursday, I pulled the team. Two weeks later I get a call from purchasing saying the crane would not fit in the building they were using it in, to come take it back! When I told them they owed me $60k for labor to dismantle, ship, equipment rental, and time at their plant. When they paid me that, I would resell it for them and refund their money less my profit for reselling... Never heard from them again, and the reason I get all my $ up front! They told me I’m not a Spacex kind of vendor! LOL... No, I am not!
While hanging around there, my lead guy (who is as sharp as they come) said in the conversations he’s had their with employees, Musk is a major A-Hole, and everyone despises the guy.
So your team never put it together while you were there, but you wanted extra money to take it apart to ship?
maybe it was the ordinal money owed to dismantle and ship it to them?
I have to wonder how they knew it would not fit if it was not put together,
have to wonder who bought it and why they could not be reached.

agreed if no one knew anything about what the crane was bought for, that is real strange
Old 02-09-2021, 10:28 AM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: God Bless Texas / LOTO
Posts: 960
Received 466 Likes on 291 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by likwid View Post
Uh, that's been Austin for 20+ years, guess you just woke up?
I have lived north of Austin since 1994. That is why I said, "I know, I avoid Austin at all costs now. Austin is already "The San Francisco of Texas" now. And the plague is creeping."

I "woke" to it better than 20 years ago.



Old 02-09-2021, 12:12 PM
  #24  
RCL
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 1,605
Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 99yam40 View Post
So your team never put it together while you were there, but you wanted extra money to take it apart to ship?
maybe it was the ordinal money owed to dismantle and ship it to them?
I have to wonder how they knew it would not fit if it was not put together,
have to wonder who bought it and why they could not be reached.

agreed if no one knew anything about what the crane was bought for, that is real strange

Alot of heavy duty equipment is shipped in pieces due to size. The bigger front end loaders for example in the mines are shipped with out tires or buckets. At least here. See them all the time moving between the mines and Ritchie Brothers.. The tires and buckets are on separate trailers or rail cars. Ive seem crawler cranes that the tracks come off for transport. Its possible that they put the tracks on the crane, but were waiting on where it was going to be used before assembling the boom.
Old 02-09-2021, 12:16 PM
  #25  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,761
Received 174 Likes on 111 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DNinja View Post
My biggest fear is all these California companies fleeing ultra-liberal California are pulling into Texas the same garbage that they are fleeing.

I know I avoid Austin at all costs now. Austin is already "The San Francisco of Texas" now. And the plague is creeping.
A warranted fear.
Old 02-09-2021, 12:29 PM
  #26  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: S Dartmouth, MA
Posts: 2,150
Received 713 Likes on 434 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by somethingfishy View Post
A warranted fear.
All those hoola hoops and pac man are going to corrupt the youts!
Old 02-09-2021, 01:16 PM
  #27  
Dun
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Virgina's middle peninsula
Posts: 843
Received 283 Likes on 197 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DEBTICATED View Post
OH NO! Not hippie lettuce. Jesus Christ. Lighten up.
LOL!! Right?!?! All these “Texans” love Willy Nelson, and NOBODY smokes more than that guy!! And he’s been doing it for 50 years!!
Old 02-09-2021, 03:06 PM
  #28  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,548
Received 465 Likes on 290 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by steeveau View Post
This guy calls cannabis dope and those who use it druggies. I wonder if he's consumes alcohol. If so, would that make him a hypocrite, an alcoholic, or both?
Sure, comparing drugs to alcohol is one of the same old tired arguments.

When I was 15, my oldest sister died of drug abuse. That was a very painful thing to experience.
My oldest brother was a druggie for his entire life and didn't enter rehab and quit until he lost his job and everything else.
My other two sisters were both life long druggies. One went to rehab and quit. The other was able to stop without rehab.

A childhood friend was part of a group that trafficked drugs until he was shot in the back of the head because a deal went bad.

Another childhood friend was a lifelong druggie (all he did was smoke pot or look for some pot to smoke). He died at 52 years due to his lifelong drug addiction to the 'drug that does no harm to anyone'...yes....dope.

Another childhood friend was at a drug party (yes, dope along with the other drugs that dope smokers always start using) where she OD'd...her kind and thoughtful drug buddies didn't call the police or try to save her. they all scattered because they didn't want to be arrested. They called the police and paramedics after she was dead.

My brother and I are the only two in a family of 6 who tried it as kids and were smart enough to quit after only a few years. We could see how it damaged people. Yes, all of my drug abusing friends disowned me when I told them I quit using the crap.

Now THT knows why I am dead set against drug use and will continue to call it dope and the people who use it druggies.
Old 02-09-2021, 06:24 PM
  #29  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Binghamton New York
Posts: 171
Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

As sad as the story is there are just as many and then some who could tell the same story of alcoholic families out there. Dying of all sorts of alcohol related problems, loss of jobs, families. I could introduce you to more people who’ve lost family due to alcohol than you care to know. So while I’m sorry your family has had the issues it doesn’t really support your argument.
Old 02-09-2021, 08:51 PM
  #30  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,548
Received 465 Likes on 290 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by River rat76 View Post
As sad as the story is there are just as many and then some who could tell the same story of alcoholic families out there. Dying of all sorts of alcohol related problems, loss of jobs, families. I could introduce you to more people who’ve lost family due to alcohol than you care to know. So while I’m sorry your family has had the issues it doesn’t really support your argument.
I will stand alone in my criticism of drugs and druggies if that is what it takes. I understand dope addicts like you refuse to acknowledge or understand the problems that drug use causes until you experience the pain firsthand yourself.

Of course, you unsuccessfully tried to use the same tired old alcohol is worse than dope argument. I would expect no less from a druggie. I don't agree with anything you said in your last sentence. I doubt you are sorry and my statements do indeed support my argument. Your mind is wasted and closed to the problems that drug use causes.

Did you hear about those innocent Americans children that were killed by drug cartels in Northern Mexico last year? Those kids would be alive today if stupid Americans didn't buy drugs. American drug use fuels the cartels and all the crime they commit here in America, in Mexico and everywhere else in the world. Would you like to come home one day and find your child died because of drug use?

Drug use causes crime and death everywhere. That is a fact that cannot be denied. Drug use all over America causes family problems everywhere people use drugs. That is a fact that cannot be denied. Drug use is the reason for gang activity throughout America. That is a fact that cannot be denied.


Old 02-10-2021, 04:22 AM
  #31  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Tampa bay
Posts: 2,163
Received 634 Likes on 312 Posts
Default

It's weed not fkn crack, coke, smack, etc . Huge difference
Old 02-10-2021, 04:50 AM
  #32  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Binghamton New York
Posts: 171
Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by saltwaters View Post
I will stand alone in my criticism of drugs and druggies if that is what it takes. I understand dope addicts like you refuse to acknowledge or understand the problems that drug use causes until you experience the pain firsthand yourself.

Of course, you unsuccessfully tried to use the same tired old alcohol is worse than dope argument. I would expect no less from a druggie. I don't agree with anything you said in your last sentence. I doubt you are sorry and my statements do indeed support my argument. Your mind is wasted and closed to the problems that drug use causes.

Did you hear about those innocent Americans children that were killed by drug cartels in Northern Mexico last year? Those kids would be alive today if stupid Americans didn't buy drugs. American drug use fuels the cartels and all the crime they commit here in America, in Mexico and everywhere else in the world. Would you like to come home one day and find your child died because of drug use?

Drug use causes crime and death everywhere. That is a fact that cannot be denied. Drug use all over America causes family problems everywhere people use drugs. That is a fact that cannot be denied. Drug use is the reason for gang activity throughout America. That is a fact that cannot be denied.

Druggies like me huh. That’s pretty rich calling someone a druggie because their eyes are open to the problems more than your narrow view. Haven’t touch the stuff since I was about 21 or 22 years old. Never lost anyone to marijuana including the hundreds of deadheads I hung out with. However I have lost and nearly lost family to heroin, friends to alcohol and other hard drugs. There’s one thing every single one of these people I know had in common, they all started with alcohol.
Old 02-10-2021, 04:55 AM
  #33  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Sailfish Capital & Black Hills SD
Posts: 16,028
Likes: 0
Received 530 Likes on 279 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 99yam40 View Post
So your team never put it together while you were there, but you wanted extra money to take it apart to ship?
maybe it was the ordinal money owed to dismantle and ship it to them?
I have to wonder how they knew it would not fit if it was not put together,
have to wonder who bought it and why they could not be reached.

agreed if no one knew anything about what the crane was bought for, that is real strange
They owed me for half of the original dismantle (from where it was when they bought it)...
You'd need to be pretty stupid to not be able to determine whether it would fit from the 'factory arrangement drawing' supplied with the unit, and they had that prior to the purchase.
Who bought it? A engineer on site! Why nobody could be reached in all the time my guys were there, by them (or me going through corporate purchasing too) remains a mystery!
Old 02-10-2021, 05:45 AM
  #34  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: S Dartmouth, MA
Posts: 2,150
Received 713 Likes on 434 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by saltwaters View Post
When I was 15, my oldest sister died of drug abuse. That was a very painful thing to experience.
My oldest brother was a druggie for his entire life and didn't enter rehab and quit until he lost his job and everything else.
My other two sisters were both life long druggies. One went to rehab and quit. The other was able to stop without rehab.
What drugs?
Its peculiar that you omit that.
Old 02-10-2021, 06:51 AM
  #35  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Kenberma
Posts: 659
Received 83 Likes on 62 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DEBTICATED View Post
It's weed not fkn crack, coke, smack, etc . Huge difference
I'd take it a step further and say that cannabis is better for you than alcohol...you can't die from taking too much pot guys
Old 02-10-2021, 12:29 PM
  #36  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Broward County, FL
Posts: 2,331
Received 297 Likes on 176 Posts
Default

Bet you could buy the crane for pennies on the dollar through a straw company, then re sell it.
Old 02-10-2021, 06:54 PM
  #37  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: coastal tx
Posts: 736
Likes: 0
Received 720 Likes on 447 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by blue33 View Post
I'd take it a step further and say that cannabis is better for you than alcohol...you can't die from taking too much pot guys
I don't know about that .
I smoked some good stuff way back , I was not driving too good going to a friends wedding, so the passengers with me made me stop and let someone else drive.
I could have done some serious damage to not only me but to a lot off others
Old 02-11-2021, 04:35 AM
  #38  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Tampa bay
Posts: 2,163
Received 634 Likes on 312 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 99yam40 View Post
I don't know about that .
I smoked some good stuff way back , I was not driving too good going to a friends wedding, so the passengers with me made me stop and let someone else drive.
I could have done some serious damage to not only me but to a lot off others
Well, anything that impairs you isn't good for driving. The discussion wasn't about driving.

Weed makes some people creative, and it's not going to kill you.

Carry on how it's the most horrible thing in the world.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:02 AM
  #39  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: coastal tx
Posts: 736
Likes: 0
Received 720 Likes on 447 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DEBTICATED View Post
Well, anything that impairs you isn't good for driving. The discussion wasn't about driving.

Weed makes some people creative, and it's not going to kill you.

Carry on how it's the most horrible thing in the world.
over indulgence of most things is harmful to the human body
people seem to find ways to make everything more potent ,so it is easier to over do things
Hashish is made from weed and can cause problems
  1. It can damage blood vessels.
  2. It may increase testicular cancer risk.
  3. It impacts short-term memory.
  4. It hinders creativity.
  5. It could destroy brain cells.

Last edited by 99yam40; 02-11-2021 at 11:11 AM.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:24 AM
  #40  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Tampa bay
Posts: 2,163
Received 634 Likes on 312 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 99yam40 View Post
over indulgence of most things is harmful to the human body
people seem to find ways to make everything more potent ,so it is easier to over do things
Hashish is made from weed and can cause problems
  1. It can damage blood vessels.
  2. It may increase testicular cancer risk.
  3. It impacts short-term memory.
  4. It hinders creativity.
  5. It could destroy brain cells.
I'll have to remember tonight before I spark up a big fatty...... Er wait nevermind, I'll probably forget

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.