Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Naked Lobster Roll @ the Barking Crab in Boston

Notices

Naked Lobster Roll @ the Barking Crab in Boston

Old 10-20-2020, 08:07 PM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsyltucky
Posts: 7,420
Received 1,587 Likes on 741 Posts
Default Naked Lobster Roll @ the Barking Crab in Boston

Visiting my son in Cambridge. Went to dinner at the Barking Crab with him and his girlfriend. Got the naked lobster roll. I swear it was one of the best things I've ever eaten.

BTW, this is my 1st time to Cambridge / Boston. Beautiful city from what I've seen this afternoon.
Old 10-20-2020, 09:01 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,777
Likes: 0
Received 1,529 Likes on 789 Posts
Default

Boston is a dump. But good food
Old 10-20-2020, 09:07 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,374
Received 352 Likes on 224 Posts
Default

I love Boston.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:54 AM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 101
Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

The Barking Crab is one of our favorite restaurants in Boston. We always have a meal there when we are visiting our kids in Scituate. If it's warm we get a seat overlooking the water so that we can watch the boats. In the winter we try to score a table next to the wood stove. Very cool place.
Old 10-21-2020, 07:04 AM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Garett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 24,715
Likes: 0
Received 1,136 Likes on 639 Posts
Default

That's just a sandwich isn't it? So you're saying a sandwich on white bread is the best food you've ever eaten?

What does this dish cost?
Old 10-21-2020, 08:11 AM
  #6  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsyltucky
Posts: 7,420
Received 1,587 Likes on 741 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Garett View Post
That's just a sandwich isn't it? So you're saying a sandwich on white bread is the best food you've ever eaten?

What does this dish cost?
It's a sandwich made of nothing but fresh lobster. With just a slight bit of liquid butter on it. The sweet lobster taste with butter even permeates the grilled bun. You'd have to try it.

With your reasoning, a Ferrari is just a car.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:07 AM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lake Camanche, CA
Posts: 557
Received 173 Likes on 100 Posts
Default

My friend piles Dungeness crab meat in a French roll with melted butter. He puts a couple of those sandwiches down in one setting.

That Lobster sandwich sound delicious.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:19 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 802
Received 48 Likes on 26 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Brad1 View Post
It's a sandwich made of nothing but fresh lobster. With just a slight bit of liquid butter on it. The sweet lobster taste with butter even permeates the grilled bun. You'd have to try it.

With your reasoning, a Ferrari is just a car.
It's a New England summer time favorite!
Old 10-21-2020, 09:20 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 808
Received 571 Likes on 256 Posts
Default

Damn, that sounds awesome.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:26 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,661
Received 1,429 Likes on 882 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Brad1 View Post
Visiting my son in Cambridge. Went to dinner at the Barking Crab with him and his girlfriend. Got the naked lobster roll. I swear it was one of the best things I've ever eaten.

BTW, this is my 1st time to Cambridge / Boston. Beautiful city from what I've seen this afternoon.
Welcome to the city!

Barking Crab does a great job, and so much great food in Boston and Cambridge.

I've been waiting for cold weather for months to go get The Rigatoni at Metropolis in the South End... Enjoy your visit!
Old 10-21-2020, 09:28 AM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Saugus, Ma. USA
Posts: 12,233
Received 1,617 Likes on 909 Posts
Default

Keep in mind that Maine lobsters are totally different than their warm-water cousins. There is a big difference in taste.

Also, when you are in that area, go to The Smoke Shop in the Seaport district. It's one of the very few places to find proper BBQ up here, and their bourbon selection is amazing. Finding good BBQ up here is like finding good sushi in Idaho.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:22 PM
  #12  
gf
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: North of Boston
Posts: 13,392
Received 397 Likes on 287 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jobowker View Post

...go to The Smoke Shop in the Seaport district. It's one of the very few places to find proper BBQ up here, and their bourbon selection is amazing. Finding good BBQ up here is like finding good sushi in Idaho.

The Rusty Can in Byfield is better BBQ than any of the Smoke Shop locations. You actually can get pretty good sushi in Idaho, try: Lulu's Pizza serves quality "New York Style Pizza" in the north end of Boise, Idaho for both families and couples.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:33 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Providing for grubers
Posts: 3,737
Received 792 Likes on 400 Posts
Default

'nuff said.


Old 10-21-2020, 12:36 PM
  #14  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsyltucky
Posts: 7,420
Received 1,587 Likes on 741 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by jobowker View Post
Keep in mind that Maine lobsters are totally different than their warm-water cousins. There is a big difference in taste.

Also, when you are in that area, go to The Smoke Shop in the Seaport district. It's one of the very few places to find proper BBQ up here, and their bourbon selection is amazing. Finding good BBQ up here is like finding good sushi in Idaho.
The lobster I had last night on that lobster roll was the best lobster i have ever eaten. Seemed very fresh. Prior to last night, I have only ever eaten lobster served in restaurants back in Pittsburgh and it's been "ok" at best. So I don't order it very often back home. I suspect the lobster we're served in Pittsburgh has probably been frozen.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:40 PM
  #15  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Fish'nFool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Anywhere but here...
Posts: 25,946
Received 3,172 Likes on 1,693 Posts
Default

Legal in the Seaport has a good one too, as does the joint in the SW terminal at Logan. You can order that one with twice the meat.

I remember when McDees served lobster rolls in MA for a time being. They were surprisingly good for what they were and considering where I was buying them from.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:48 PM
  #16  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsyltucky
Posts: 7,420
Received 1,587 Likes on 741 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Fish'nFool View Post
Legal in the Seaport has a good one too, as does the joint in the SW terminal at Logan. You can order that one with twice the meat.

I remember when McDees served lobster rolls in MA for a time being. They were surprisingly good for what they were and considering where I was buying them from.
My son raves about the lobster roll at both those legal seafood locations you mentioned.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:11 PM
  #17  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: RI
Posts: 6,951
Received 1,101 Likes on 620 Posts
Default

For a good portion of the summer market basket in sagamore has lobster rolls for $5.99 and they are damned good as well. Especially for the price.

i like a good fresh lobster roll. Make them occasionally in the summer. Yum.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:42 PM
  #18  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsyltucky
Posts: 7,420
Received 1,587 Likes on 741 Posts
Default

Just ate at "Buttermilk Bourbon" in Boston. Did not care for it at all.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:49 PM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 345
Likes: 0
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gf View Post
The Rusty Can in Byfield is better BBQ than any of the Smoke Shop locations. You actually can get pretty good sushi in Idaho, try: Lulu's Pizza serves quality "New York Style Pizza" in the north end of Boise, Idaho for both families and couples.
been to both many times. Got to agree the Rusty Can is the best around but unfortunately has no bourbon menu. They will smoke anything.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:53 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 345
Likes: 0
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
Default

The best lobster roll in New England is Reds Eats in Wiscasset Maine

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.