Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Wife made it to Wellington! Thanks for all your support.

Notices

Wife made it to Wellington! Thanks for all your support.

Old 09-16-2020, 10:29 AM
  #1  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,094
Received 89 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Wife made it to Wellington! Thanks for all your support.

Horses unloaded. Trailer parked.

Off to dealership and then sleep.

Thanks for everyone's support!
Old 09-16-2020, 10:31 AM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Northern Neck, VA
Posts: 6,373
Received 2,631 Likes on 1,303 Posts
Default

yeah team

Old 09-16-2020, 10:32 AM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Low Country, SC
Posts: 131
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts
Default

Good to hear
Old 09-16-2020, 11:11 AM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 1,133
Likes: 0
Received 269 Likes on 137 Posts
Default

I have sold/leased cars for 44 years. I always lease my wife's car as I never want the phone call you got. " My car is broke down, come and get me."

A 2-3 year old car rarely breaks down/stranded on side of road. Your wife almost proved me wrong . Glad she was able to limp it home.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:13 AM
  #5  
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Oldham co. Ky
Posts: 94
Received 220 Likes on 116 Posts
Default

Good deal
Old 09-16-2020, 11:55 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Miami Florida
Posts: 2,143
Received 447 Likes on 272 Posts
Default

Great news glad it all worked out , was it the def Fluid or a bad filter ???
Old 09-16-2020, 12:19 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Brookline, Ma.
Posts: 1,853
Received 1,053 Likes on 523 Posts
Default

Good News....Wife and horses are all good, albeit a little stressed I suspect. Will be interested to hear what happened with the truck. Happy ending!
Old 09-16-2020, 12:21 PM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Tarpon Springs, FL
Posts: 8,295
Likes: 0
Received 3,968 Likes on 2,239 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by InTheNet View Post
I have sold/leased cars for 44 years. I always lease my wife's car as I never want the phone call you got. " My car is broke down, come and get me."

A 2-3 year old car rarely breaks down/stranded on side of road. Your wife almost proved me wrong . Glad she was able to limp it home.
You can buy a new vehicle instead of leasing it and have the same benefits without having to deal with a lease.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:24 PM
  #9  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 5,220
Likes: 0
Received 1,266 Likes on 691 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mikefloyd View Post
You can buy a new vehicle instead of leasing it and have the same benefits without having to deal with a lease.
X2. If you use it for business purposes especially if it is over 6kgvrw a lease is not a great option.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:46 PM
  #10  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,094
Received 89 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

We do way too many miles to lease. 90 k on this 2018. We also add auxiliary 96 gallon tanks, camera system s to monitor horses etc.

In a modern day diesel there are a lot of things that can cause it to go into reduced power or limp mode.

Forced mini vacation for her while I keep things going here in NY.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:58 PM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 268
Likes: 0
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

Striper97 I am glad your wife made it home ok. How do the horses do on the highway with all the noise? I always wondered if it scares or stresses them?
I was behind a horse trailer on a back road and the horse was kicking the back door so hard that he was making dents in the door. I told the driver at the next light and she wasn't too worried but it worried me.

Take care
Old 09-16-2020, 02:04 PM
  #12  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Suburb of Sugar Tit SC
Posts: 14,117
Received 9,161 Likes on 4,933 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by striper97 View Post
We do way too many miles to lease. 90 k on this 2018. We also add auxiliary 96 gallon tanks, camera system s to monitor horses etc.

In a modern day diesel there are a lot of things that can cause it to go into reduced power or limp mode.

Forced mini vacation for her while I keep things going here in NY.
are you plumbing in the aux tanks? My uncle has a 2018 and has always done that on his road trucks. Could not get the thing to run right without dealing with emissions system issues with it plumbed in. Simply added a a pump and nozzle like the construction/farm guys use, and tops off that way. No issues since.
Old 09-17-2020, 12:38 AM
  #13  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,094
Received 89 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by autobaun70 View Post
are you plumbing in the aux tanks? My uncle has a 2018 and has always done that on his road trucks. Could not get the thing to run right without dealing with emissions system issues with it plumbed in. Simply added a a pump and nozzle like the construction/farm guys use, and tops off that way. No issues since.
Yes, we are plumbed in. I may need to talk to him about this as perhaps this is the source of our problems. We use Transfer Flow tanks.
Old 09-17-2020, 12:40 AM
  #14  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,094
Received 89 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ILoveMermaids View Post
Striper97 I am glad your wife made it home ok. How do the horses do on the highway with all the noise? I always wondered if it scares or stresses them?
I was behind a horse trailer on a back road and the horse was kicking the back door so hard that he was making dents in the door. I told the driver at the next light and she wasn't too worried but it worried me.

Take care
Some horses travel without a care in the world while others are very anxious! Yes they can and will kick loudly!

We have air ride suspension in all of our trailers along with a camera system to watch them.

Old 09-17-2020, 12:44 AM
  #15  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,094
Received 89 Likes on 56 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by D.M.D. View Post
Good News....Wife and horses are all good, albeit a little stressed I suspect. Will be interested to hear what happened with the truck. Happy ending!
DMD. Bad fuel rail is what she was told

Wallace Caddilac Chevy got us right in and repaired in the same afternoon! Rob the service writer was amazing. Very impressed!

Told her to take the day off and let the remnants of Sally move out before headed north. She's a hard worker, not an easy thing for her to do lol.

Thanks for your interest and concern.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:36 AM
  #16  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 1,133
Likes: 0
Received 269 Likes on 137 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by mikefloyd View Post
You can buy a new vehicle instead of leasing it and have the same benefits without having to deal with a lease.
From my limited experience (44 years) it costs more to buy and sell a car in three years tan lease. This may not be true with all vehicles.

Leases are no problem to deal with.. Make your payment on time/ bring it back in good condition/ pick up new car.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:56 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 680
Likes: 0
Received 715 Likes on 442 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by striper97 View Post
DMD. Bad fuel rail is what she was told

Wallace Caddilac Chevy got us right in and repaired in the same afternoon! Rob the service writer was amazing. Very impressed!

Told her to take the day off and let the remnants of Sally move out before headed north. She's a hard worker, not an easy thing for her to do lol.

Thanks for your interest and concern.
I am trying to understand how a fuel rail could cause this type of problem.

If it was spraying fuel out all over the place because of a split ,crack, or bad seal maybe.
but there was no complaints about a leak.
plugged screen /filter reducing flow maybe,
or pressure regulating valve leaking by not allowing rail pressure to keep in spec, but I do not think that is part of the rail, but maybe GM made it none replaceable, if that was what the problem was.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.