Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Nosy teacher calls cops on 11 yr old

Notices

Nosy teacher calls cops on 11 yr old

Old 08-20-2020, 07:34 AM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Dauphin Island, AL
Posts: 2,265
Received 176 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Nosy teacher calls cops on 11 yr old

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...bb-gun-n518679

This is beyond ridiculous. He has every right to have any firearm he wants in his room. I don’t understand the teacher & principle’s reasoning. What did they think they were accomplishing?
Old 08-20-2020, 07:37 AM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: South East Pa
Posts: 9,604
Received 1,012 Likes on 540 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DLG4354 View Post
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politic...bb-gun-n518679

This is beyond ridiculous. He has every right to have any firearm he wants in his room. I don’t understand the teacher & principle’s reasoning. What did they think they were accomplishing?
And if the kid went out and shot up a bunch of people that day and the teacher knew of the guns they would have come down on the teacher for not saying anything.
Old 08-20-2020, 07:38 AM
  #3  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Suburb of Sugar Tit SC
Posts: 14,346
Received 9,222 Likes on 4,979 Posts
Default

Over an effin BB gun? 11 is plenty old for real guns.
Old 08-20-2020, 07:39 AM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Suburb of Sugar Tit SC
Posts: 14,346
Received 9,222 Likes on 4,979 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by FASTFJR View Post
And if the kid went out and shot up a bunch of people that day and the teacher knew of the guns they would have come down on the teacher for not saying anything.
WTF is he going to shoot up with a BB gun? That argument is just illogical. People need to mind their own busines.

Edit to add: The "Scary looking gun" isn't even a gun. It's an air soft rifle. It has a giant orange tip on it.
Old 08-20-2020, 07:46 AM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,144
Received 4,007 Likes on 2,292 Posts
Default

ooooh wtf . I wonder how many teachers are turning blind eyes to bongs .
Old 08-20-2020, 07:49 AM
  #6  
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3,522
Received 3,394 Likes on 1,534 Posts
Default

Beyond an overreach. Completely legal activity being handled as if it were something against the law.
Old 08-20-2020, 07:51 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: On the dark side of the moon
Posts: 276
Likes: 0
Received 73 Likes on 46 Posts
Default

That's actually an old story and think it was even brought up on this board before. It was a bad deal and I have no clue why the parents even let the police into their home to search the kids room.

I guess this story is making the rounds again.
Old 08-20-2020, 08:33 AM
  #8  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location:
Posts: 7,036
Likes: 0
Received 449 Likes on 206 Posts
Default

First off, there is no law that says you MUST answer the door, look out a window, see who it is and then decide. Police?? Not hardly, if their knocking that means they don't have a warrant and that's what they are going to need to enter my home..... I can't think of a Judge in his/her right mind that would sign a search warrant based on what was in the attached article. No warrant, no enter....
Old 08-20-2020, 09:00 AM
  #9  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 2,872
Received 646 Likes on 409 Posts
Default

I'm thinking the teacher did not recognize it was a BB gun or airsoft gun. Then made the call. Continue with the argument.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:04 AM
  #10  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 1,145
Likes: 0
Received 278 Likes on 142 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by autobaun70 View Post
WTF is he going to shoot up with a BB gun?t.
Careful!

You can put your eye out with that thing!

I have pulled a couple of bb's out of my leg. :-)
Old 08-20-2020, 09:08 AM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 1,145
Likes: 0
Received 278 Likes on 142 Posts
Default

How about some blow up dolls/whips/leather goods hanging on the wall.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:10 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: North NJ
Posts: 935
Received 486 Likes on 292 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Bailey Boat View Post
First off, there is no law that says you MUST answer the door, look out a window, see who it is and then decide. Police?? Not hardly, if their knocking that means they don't have a warrant and that's what they are going to need to enter my home..... I can't think of a Judge in his/her right mind that would sign a search warrant based on what was in the attached article. No warrant, no enter....
Even if you open the door, you don't have to let them in.

I'd open the door and see what they wanted, maybe there was an accident nearby or something. Then when they informed me why they were there, it would be sorry I do not consent to a search.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:13 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
Eastport205's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Brick, NJ
Posts: 3,688
Received 1,192 Likes on 631 Posts
Default

Jimmy crack corn
Old 08-20-2020, 09:16 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Suffolk, Va.
Posts: 17,701
Likes: 0
Received 2,145 Likes on 1,080 Posts
Default

Is that an assault BB gun? I'm guessing the teacher didn't know what she was looking at when she saw the guns. She then went to the principle who probably did not even see the guns so he made a judgement call. I'll give them a pass on this because we have seen kids shoot up their schools when everyone ignored all the signs.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:18 AM
  #15  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 73
Likes: 0
Received 61 Likes on 27 Posts
Default

Mr. Orwell was well ahead of his time. We are living in the "Twilight Zone".

Old 08-20-2020, 09:34 AM
  #16  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Suburb of Sugar Tit SC
Posts: 14,346
Received 9,222 Likes on 4,979 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Brezinup View Post
I'm thinking the teacher did not recognize it was a BB gun or airsoft gun. Then made the call. Continue with the argument.
Regardless...neither is a "real" gun. Walmart crap on that rack. Not even good BB guns.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:36 AM
  #17  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Suburb of Sugar Tit SC
Posts: 14,346
Received 9,222 Likes on 4,979 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by fishingfun View Post
Is that an assault BB gun? I'm guessing the teacher didn't know what she was looking at when she saw the guns. She then went to the principle who probably did not even see the guns so he made a judgement call. I'll give them a pass on this because we have seen kids shoot up their schools when everyone ignored all the signs.
How is it any of her business though. Those could have been a rack full of AR15's or whatever, and been perfectly legal. Kid lives with his parents doesn't he? Having guns present in a household is not illegal or the concern of the school system. That's not their area to get involved with, sans threats to a school.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:37 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 353
Received 462 Likes on 271 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by FASTFJR View Post
And if the kid went out and shot up a bunch of people that day and the teacher knew of the guns they would have come down on the teacher for not saying anything.
Your a special kind of stupid I see.
Old 08-20-2020, 09:41 AM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Georgia
Posts: 724
Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by autobaun70 View Post
how is it any of her business though. Those could have been a rack full of ar15's or whatever, and been perfectly legal. Kid lives with his parents doesn't he? Having guns present in a household is not illegal or the concern of the school system. That's not their area to get involved with, sans threats to a school.
this ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑
Old 08-20-2020, 09:47 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Suffolk, Va.
Posts: 17,701
Likes: 0
Received 2,145 Likes on 1,080 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by autobaun70 View Post
How is it any of her business though. Those could have been a rack full of AR15's or whatever, and been perfectly legal. Kid lives with his parents doesn't he? Having guns present in a household is not illegal or the concern of the school system. That's not their area to get involved with, sans threats to a school.
I agree totally. With the past shooting in our schools not sure how they could have ignored the issue. They probably should have just called the mother first.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.