Notices

Oh UPS... where are you?

Old 07-13-2020, 07:59 AM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Anderson SC
Posts: 4,095
Received 1,238 Likes on 647 Posts
Default Oh UPS... where are you?

Here we go. Why would a package, particularly a firearm, be loaded on a truck for delivery early in the morning and scheduled for delivery that day... just go into limbo? I mean no movement or any update at all after that day passed. Even this morning there is no estimate of delivery date or time. I'd be less worried if it was some simple thing that can be easily just exchanged but letting something sit in a truck all weekend? Im not 100% sure there is some sort of disconnect between the actual and the virtual. I have not heard from the FFL that he actually has it and maybe something just didn't happen with the tracking. Its still possible but I expect him to call me, Ill give him a buzz in a minute just in case./ But there has been no update of the delivery estimate from UPS like you'd expect by this morning. Its gone from "out for delivery" to "in transit" which is odd. And actually says both!

Darn Covid I guess...

This what I get this morning. Up until midnight or so on Friday I got "out for delivery estimate by 9pm" but now nothing. Ill update with results. I got upgrade parts sitting here and Im bored...





Old 07-13-2020, 08:03 AM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Irvington, AL
Posts: 326
Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Default

I shipped a pair of tlds with rods to another member Wednesday of last week, they arrived Friday and the package was altered and the reels were missing. Now waiting while the claim investigation is going on. Last time I ship anything through UPS!
Old 07-13-2020, 08:21 AM
  #3  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: East Central Florida
Posts: 6,836
Received 1,490 Likes on 747 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cbrantley531 View Post
I shipped a pair of tlds with rods to another member Wednesday of last week, they arrived Friday and the package was altered and the reels were missing. Now waiting while the claim investigation is going on. Last time I ship anything through UPS!
How do you know the package was not delivered 'intact'?
Old 07-13-2020, 08:27 AM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Irvington, AL
Posts: 326
Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts
Default

Delivery driver labeled package as damaged. Question is always there, but that is what shipping insurance is for!
Old 07-13-2020, 08:36 AM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 923
Likes: 0
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
Default

The surge in covid cases across the south may be causing issues now with deliveries. Its pretty bad in some places.
Old 07-13-2020, 08:37 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Trussville, AL
Posts: 1,074
Received 556 Likes on 323 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
Here we go. Why would a package, particularly a firearm, be loaded on a truck for delivery early in the morning and scheduled for delivery that day... just go into limbo? I mean no movement or any update at all after that day passed. Even this morning there is no estimate of delivery date or time. I'd be less worried if it was some simple thing that can be easily just exchanged but letting something sit in a truck all weekend? Im not 100% sure there is some sort of disconnect between the actual and the virtual. I have not heard from the FFL that he actually has it and maybe something just didn't happen with the tracking. Its still possible but I expect him to call me, Ill give him a buzz in a minute just in case./ But there has been no update of the delivery estimate from UPS like you'd expect by this morning. Its gone from "out for delivery" to "in transit" which is odd. And actually says both!

Darn Covid I guess...

This what I get this morning. Up until midnight or so on Friday I got "out for delivery estimate by 9pm" but now nothing. Ill update with results. I got upgrade parts sitting here and Im bored...


Birmingham Pistol Wholesale????

My guess is they missed the delivery on Friday, turned it back to the warehouse over the weekend and it will go back out this week.
Old 07-13-2020, 08:38 AM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Anderson SC
Posts: 4,095
Received 1,238 Likes on 647 Posts
Default

Well... I really had no choice in method. One FFL to another. To be honest Id have rather bought local but no one local has any of these. This Covid, BLM panic has stripped away all available ones. I am building a cowboy action shooting shotgun and these appear to have become popular as self defense shotguns. So anything out there is being grabbed up even before it hit the shelf. No one anywhere has any in stock. Just a few Gun Broker shops which are mostly local guns stores to someone. Finding a good A+ seller with perfect feed back that has one is also sort of a chore. They rare right now. At least this particular mid priced supreme model is

Ah well... I wait. Hopefully something will come around today.
Old 07-13-2020, 08:39 AM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Anderson SC
Posts: 4,095
Received 1,238 Likes on 647 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by xl883lo View Post
Birmingham Pistol Wholesale????
No... Its a shot gun and it is not that seller.
Old 07-13-2020, 08:40 AM
  #9  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Anderson SC
Posts: 4,095
Received 1,238 Likes on 647 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by carbidemanfishing View Post
The surge in covid cases across the south may be causing issues now with deliveries. Its pretty bad in some places.
My first thought was they loaded a truck and the driver didn't come in. But the computer should still be able to reschedule it by Monday Id think.
Old 07-13-2020, 08:51 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: WI
Posts: 173
Likes: 0
Received 475 Likes on 267 Posts
Default

Well if it's anything like Fed Ex, they load the truck and the driver delivers as much as possible by the end of the day. than he goes home with his still partially loaded truck and starts again the next day. at least that is what they told me when I had a pair of Kirkey seats coming. was getting the same message as you. "out for delivery" than I would get "distance too far to make delivery within hours" Or something like that. after 3 days I called them and had them hold it at the warehouse and went and picked them up. lady said it would be a pain because the driver had to come in and drop them off.
Old 07-13-2020, 08:59 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 995
Received 475 Likes on 285 Posts
Default

I have seen this a few times with UPS. In fact I have trailer parts coming today where I had gotten the "follow the truck on the map" email Saturday and they were supposed to be here by 4pm. At 6pm, no parts and I see the truck is 10 miles away, up by the warehouse, after being in the neighborhood all day, so I know he's not coming back.

I think it was not until yesterday I got the "delivery rescheduled" email. Now this morning I have the map thing again.

In my case the original promised date was supposed to be tomorrow (Tuesday) so I was thinking the driver just fell behind and decided to focus on other people's stuff since he didn't actually need to come to my house Saturday to meet any commitment.

It does seem to take a while for the status to update after this limbo situation.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:02 AM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Anderson SC
Posts: 4,095
Received 1,238 Likes on 647 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by avenger79 View Post
Well if it's anything like Fed Ex, they load the truck and the driver delivers as much as possible by the end of the day. than he goes home with his still partially loaded truck and starts again the next day. at least that is what they told me when I had a pair of Kirkey seats coming. was getting the same message as you. "out for delivery" than I would get "distance too far to make delivery within hours" Or something like that. after 3 days I called them and had them hold it at the warehouse and went and picked them up. lady said it would be a pain because the driver had to come in and drop them off.

In this case they show they loaded it on the delivery truck Friday morning. It remained "out for deliver" and "by 9:00 pm" for all that day... and even hours past that time. At some point over night they added the "in transit" and "please check back for scheduled delivery" by Saturday morning and so it remains that way to this very minute. No further update at all.

I'd love to tell them ill come get it but by law it has to be shipped to an FFL. I am an 03 ffl but this gun is not eligible for delivery to an 03 ffl which is a Curio and Relics ffl so has to be at least 50 years old. So I cannot go pick it up. It has to go to the destination FFL.
Old 07-13-2020, 09:04 AM
  #13  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 476
Received 303 Likes on 120 Posts
Default

I ordered contacts last Last saturday, paid for 3 day shipping they have been stuck in Atlanta since weds of last week. Ridiculous and customer service is non existent.....
Old 07-13-2020, 09:46 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Trussville, AL
Posts: 1,074
Received 556 Likes on 323 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
No... Its a shot gun and it is not that seller.
Just curious. BPW sells thousands of guns of all types and I believe is the largest FFL in the state. They are about 3 miles from my house.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:01 AM
  #15  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: anderson, sc
Posts: 19,399
Received 1,468 Likes on 850 Posts
Default

My Son and Son in Law both work at that center. Monday is the worse day to get something from what they tell me

Old 07-13-2020, 10:02 AM
  #16  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Anderson SC
Posts: 4,095
Received 1,238 Likes on 647 Posts
Default

Don't know them. But I'll file that away for later!

I found this one in stock at Simmons Sporting goods in Bessemer Al... but found them though Gun Broker. Good seller rating (top 100) and good feedback in a lot of transactions. And so far they have been great with communication and service. I don't; know them other than through this transaction and relied on their rep on Gunbroker. Its not a huge dollar transaction. 500 bucks so no big deal.

UPS however... well..,.

This is their contact. I got no problem with them at all so far. https://www.gunbroker.com/user/conta...emID=873576256
Old 07-13-2020, 10:03 AM
  #17  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Anderson SC
Posts: 4,095
Received 1,238 Likes on 647 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tprice View Post
My Son and Son in Law work at that center. Monday is the worse day to get something from what they tell me
Ask them if anyone there has a new double barrel coach gun! LOL.
Old 07-13-2020, 10:08 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: WI
Posts: 173
Likes: 0
Received 475 Likes on 267 Posts
Default

Lol
Old 07-13-2020, 01:27 PM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Anderson SC
Posts: 4,095
Received 1,238 Likes on 647 Posts
Default

Ok so good news... the gun was delivered on Friday as originally scheduled. The receiving FFL called me about noon to tell me he had it. He was unaware that the UPS tracking still showed it in transit. That was one of my thoughts but he didn't reply back to me until late as the guy I was dealing with is out today and he just saw my email and they also knew I wouldn't be able to come pick it up until today so didn't call me Saturday.

But all is well... UPS still says its "in transit" even as we speak.

Pretty nice weapon. I got some of the parts I need in today but waiting on the firing pins and wrench before I take it apart to do the "slick" and cowboy action shooting modifications. But this appear a well made gun. Reportedly is.

Packaged really well as you can see. Ill clean it up and get the grease off it. But these will have to do for now.






Last edited by cphilip; 07-13-2020 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-13-2020, 04:28 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: SWFL
Posts: 398
Received 201 Likes on 90 Posts
Default

Fine looking gun for sure. My UPS package didnt arrive today and when I checked, It said 'Damaged in transit. In process of notifying shipper'. Stuff happens.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.