Notices

Corona Death Count Reporting

Old 04-11-2020, 05:28 PM
  #81  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,582
Received 1,258 Likes on 689 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
The flu is generally limited to a fraction (generally winter) of the yea. 3k deaths per week for 17 weeks is 51k deaths, so seems to be a reasonable number.
That's not what the graphic shows. So not sure how much one can believe from it, was it drawn with errors or on purpose incorrectly.
Old 04-12-2020, 04:17 AM
  #82  
Senior Member
 
crazybeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tropico
Posts: 6,120
Received 1,894 Likes on 1,089 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dave8311 View Post
I'm not sure how factual it is, however, it does state pneumonia and influenza deaths, not just flu deaths.

Combined deaths, but I'm not sure how one gets pneumonia without the flu, but I guess it happens.

How many? Don't know.
the graph appears to be only charting pneumonia deaths since the last 2020 data point is around 2431. Add in the 365 influenza deaths and now you're back to 2900

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/weekl...NCHSData12.csv

i will play with this data myself when I get on the computer.

there could be some easy explanations, such as people dying with pneumonia and fitting the covid criteria are now being reported as covid deaths.

it is interesting to see in that data though that influenza deaths are up while pneumonia is down. I thought we had a. "Early" flu season and the data from CDC fluview interactive seems to support that. I don't know where this particular data comes from, its not the same as I found in fluview.

edited to correct numbers.
Old 04-12-2020, 05:44 AM
  #83  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SWFLA
Posts: 2,529
Received 880 Likes on 443 Posts
Default


Old 04-12-2020, 10:32 AM
  #84  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: East Central Florida
Posts: 7,381
Received 700 Likes on 332 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dave8311 View Post
I'm not sure how factual it is, however, it does state pneumonia and influenza deaths, not just flu deaths.

Combined deaths, but I'm not sure how one gets pneumonia without the flu, but I guess it happens.

How many? Don't know.
Viruses are only one cause of pneumonia.

"Pneumonia is an infection that inflames the air sacs in one or both lungs. The air sacs may fill with fluid or pus (purulent material), causing cough with phlegm or pus, fever, chills, and difficulty breathing. A variety of organisms, including bacteria, viruses and fungi, can cause pneumonia."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20354204


Old 04-12-2020, 10:55 AM
  #85  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Citrus County, Fl.
Posts: 553
Received 612 Likes on 303 Posts
Default

Thank you for that info.

Does this chart make any more sense knowing that?

I don't know.....seems like it might be someones bias showing in that chart, not sure.

If it is factual, it looks like a lot of misreporting going on.





Old 04-12-2020, 11:16 AM
  #86  
Senior MemberPLEDGERPLEDGERCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ATL & SAV
Posts: 12,372
Received 2,007 Likes on 990 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dave8311 View Post
I'm not sure how factual it is, however, it does state pneumonia and influenza deaths, not just flu deaths.

Combined deaths, but I'm not sure how one gets pneumonia without the flu, but I guess it happens.

How many? Don't know.
maybe pulmonary edemas are treated as a form of pneumonia. Pulmonary edemas can come from congestive heart failures.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:25 AM
  #87  
Senior MemberPLEDGERPLEDGERCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ATL & SAV
Posts: 12,372
Received 2,007 Likes on 990 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Conchyjodyoos View Post

it looks like the CDC's guidelines on recording all WuhFlu related deaths (proven or assumed) was made in the same week when the pneumonia deaths dropped like a rock
Old 04-12-2020, 11:44 AM
  #88  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 3,045
Received 2,874 Likes on 1,795 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
The flu is generally limited to a fraction (generally winter) of the yea. 3k deaths per week for 17 weeks is 51k deaths, so seems to be a reasonable number.
17 weeks is just the peak. It does not go down to zero the rest of the year.

Below is a graphic from the CDC website on flu and pneumonia deaths as a percentage of all deaths, which is what I think that chart is. If you look at their data, even in the troughs the pneumonia deaths are in the thousands while the flu deaths might only be in the hundreds. At the peak last year, there were 544 flu deaths in that week, but 3,746 pneumonia deaths.



https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/fluview/mortality.html
Old 04-12-2020, 11:47 AM
  #89  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 156
Received 151 Likes on 63 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Lou Gill View Post
The reason deaths are being reported as Covid 19, Hospitals get 100% reimbursement from insurance companies and the federal government!! So, what is the real death toll....follow the money!
What he said ^^^^ the numbers canít be trusted and there is no way to know what would have happened if we didnít shut the US down! But I know one thing for sure the economy is very bad!
Old 04-12-2020, 12:20 PM
  #90  
Senior Member
 
crazybeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tropico
Posts: 6,120
Received 1,894 Likes on 1,089 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Lou Gill View Post
What he said ^^^^ the numbers canít be trusted and there is no way to know what would have happened if we didnít shut the US down! But I know one thing for sure the economy is very bad!
you referring to yourself in 3rd person now and adding more credibility to your original comment by upvoting it?
Old 04-12-2020, 12:38 PM
  #91  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: East Central Florida
Posts: 7,381
Received 700 Likes on 332 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Lou Gill View Post
What he said ^^^^ the numbers canít be trusted and there is no way to know what would have happened if we didnít shut the US down! But I know one thing for sure the economy is very bad!
So is death. And death is permanent.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:26 PM
  #92  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Venice, FL
Posts: 942
Received 739 Likes on 387 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Seacat FL View Post
So is death. And death is permanent.
last 3-4 weeks deaths are declining significantly. Car accidents, medical mistakes and lots of other things have lead to a double digit% decrease in deaths. If that is what is important to you, why wouldn't you argue just to stay this way? We could save so may lives if we didnt resume normal activity. Or do only covid lost lives matter?
Old 04-12-2020, 01:34 PM
  #93  
Senior Member
 
crazybeard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Tropico
Posts: 6,120
Received 1,894 Likes on 1,089 Posts
Default

We won't see the real numbers ever, because the systems are flawed. I don't understand how some of you just can't accept that. It's not perfect and it won't be.

here is another example. Yet another imperfect country struggling with accuracy.
https://www.rt.com/news/485505-nethe...e-coronavirus/
Old 04-12-2020, 01:39 PM
  #94  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: East Central Florida
Posts: 7,381
Received 700 Likes on 332 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Windwood View Post
last 3-4 weeks deaths are declining significantly. Car accidents, medical mistakes and lots of other things have lead to a double digit% decrease in deaths. If that is what is important to you, why wouldn't you argue just to stay this way? We could save so may lives if we didnt resume normal activity. Or do only covid lost lives matter?
So 2,000,000 Covid deaths would be ok with you?

Nice.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:41 PM
  #95  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,582
Received 1,258 Likes on 689 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Windwood View Post
last 3-4 weeks deaths are declining significantly. Car accidents, medical mistakes and lots of other things have lead to a double digit% decrease in deaths. If that is what is important to you, why wouldn't you argue just to stay this way? We could save so may lives if we didnt resume normal activity. Or do only covid lost lives matter?
Kind of a silly argument isn't it? You mean just stop having everyone work?

It's been stated many times, slow down the growth, get our healthcare system ready, slowly open it back up, deal with the ill and deaths.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:42 PM
  #96  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,582
Received 1,258 Likes on 689 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by crazybeard View Post
We won't see the real numbers ever, because the systems are flawed. I don't understand how some of you just can't accept that. It's not perfect and it won't be.

here is another example. Yet another imperfect country struggling with accuracy.
https://www.rt.com/news/485505-nethe...e-coronavirus/
But, but, but, this is just proof that the Rothchilds are in control over their, the coroners are in on the scam to pump up the death counts.
Old 04-12-2020, 01:47 PM
  #97  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Venice, FL
Posts: 942
Received 739 Likes on 387 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Seacat FL View Post
So 2,000,000 Covid deaths would be ok with you?

Nice.
wow, you sure read into that one. Try reading again. Put the letters into words and the words into sentences. I am asking you a legitimate question.

And no, 2 million us covid deaths are not okay with me
Old 04-12-2020, 01:53 PM
  #98  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Venice, FL
Posts: 942
Received 739 Likes on 387 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ericinmich View Post
Kind of a silly argument isn't it? You mean just stop having everyone work?

It's been stated many times, slow down the growth, get our healthcare system ready, slowly open it back up, deal with the ill and deaths.
I am asking what makes some deaths more important than others? If death is the only thing that matters, why should we ever open up? We have less death with things closed up.
And yes it is silly. At this point the majority of our hospitals are operating with very low patients. Mediacl staff layed off. Based on your argument, get everything ready, isn't now to open back up the best time? The longer we wait, the more backed up we will be on other things that need done.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:06 PM
  #99  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: fl
Posts: 147
Received 328 Likes on 209 Posts
Default

The system has been jacked up for a long time. How come no one dies of natural causes? Cancer deaths are now reported as sepsis, pneumonia or anything else other than cancer. Orwell was spot-on.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:08 PM
  #100  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,538
Received 514 Likes on 326 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ericinmich View Post
Kind of a silly argument isn't it? You mean just stop having everyone work?

It's been stated many times, slow down the growth, get our healthcare system ready, slowly open it back up, deal with the ill and deaths.
yes, stop everything. Deal with the issue THEN resume normalcy instead of dragging it out long term

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.