Notices
Like Tree9Likes

Yeti Alternative

Old 11-10-2019, 05:48 PM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 1,290
Default Yeti Alternative

Ok, so I have a RTIC 65, it has been a great cooler. It always exceeds my expectations. I need one size smaller as it won't fit under my leaning post. I always hear about people receiving YETI as a gift, been waiting for years with no luck. Looks like I am going to have to break down and buy my own. Before I pull the trigger on a RTIC 45, I am open to hear about any other options.
jkapl001 is offline  
Old 11-10-2019, 05:49 PM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,304
Default

‘There is a thread on this, have you considered doing a search (possibly even using THTs search feature)?’

My opinion is that RTIC is junk. And their customer service is even worse.
BOSBoatMan is offline  
Old 11-10-2019, 06:09 PM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Boca Grande,FL
Posts: 1,782
Default

I just got a new Engel. So far, so good. Seems well made and keeps my drinks cold.
Rapi likes this.
haneyrm is offline  
Old 11-10-2019, 06:14 PM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location:
Posts: 212
Default

Originally Posted by jkapl001 View Post
Ok, so I have a RTIC 65, it has been a great cooler. It always exceeds my expectations. I need one size smaller as it won't fit under my leaning post. I always hear about people receiving YETI as a gift, been waiting for years with no luck. Looks like I am going to have to break down and buy my own. Before I pull the trigger on a RTIC 45, I am open to hear about any other options.
Engel. Great coolers. Hold ice as long asYeti and they are somewhat less expensive. Really good company with a great product.
Rapi likes this.
keysbearfl is offline  
Old 11-10-2019, 06:14 PM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 1,290
Default

So I guess I should clarify. I am looking for a junk grade cooler. Was at a lake weekend with the boys this past july, during that insane heat wave. Of the 7 people there everyone but one brought a RTIC 65, the other guy brought a Yeti 65. They all held ice amazing. Unfortunately there was a bear attack on our coolers, obviously the yeti was fine, others not so much.
jkapl001 is offline  
Old 11-10-2019, 06:24 PM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,304
Default

Originally Posted by jkapl001 View Post
So I guess I should clarify. I am looking for a junk grade cooler. Was at a lake weekend with the boys this past july, during that insane heat wave. Of the 7 people there everyone but one brought a RTIC 65, the other guy brought a Yeti 65. They all held ice amazing. Unfortunately there was a bear attack on our coolers, obviously the yeti was fine, others not so much.
After the day was over the yeti had more ice than what it started with.

If if you had women with youse you’d have seen the panty dropping power of the Yeti.
BOSBoatMan is offline  
Old 11-10-2019, 06:24 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,041
Default

Stick with rtic, never had one problem with them and have a multitude of their merchandise from coolers to beach chairs.
Finfever21 is offline  
Old 11-10-2019, 07:46 PM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Lewes, DE
Posts: 10,571
Default

I have 5 RTIC coolers without issue for a few years now.
TorFed is offline  
Old 11-10-2019, 07:48 PM
  #9  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 1,290
Default

BOSBoatMan and HGR like this.
jkapl001 is offline  
Old 11-10-2019, 08:08 PM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Marco Island FL, N Canton OH
Posts: 469
Default

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15640
cjlukens is offline  
Old 11-10-2019, 08:14 PM
  #11  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SC
Posts: 11,410
Default

Don’t have one that size, but do have a 20 qt K2. Has been great for about 4-5 years. Definitely give them a look.

I won’t own another rtic product after having a couple of their cups and 2 soft coolers. They are both well designed, but poorly built. Zippers on the soft coolers are garbage.

also have some yeti stuff. All has been great. Not cheap, but holds up and if you need parts they have them.
autobaun70 is offline  
Old 11-10-2019, 08:39 PM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 270
Default

Check academy. The local one had the Magellan coolers on sale the other day.
Muddyrubberduck is offline  
Old 11-10-2019, 08:59 PM
  #13  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Margaritaville, USA -- 0
Posts: 1,325
Default

I bought my first Yeti this year! Did not buy it for the hype, rather it was the best looking high end cooler out of the bunch. It turned out to be one of the best purchases I have ever made. I have a small RTIC cooler as well. It is great. I am completely satisfied with both and will not say if one is better than the other. They both rock
CORALREEFER is offline  
Old 11-10-2019, 10:33 PM
  #14  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Stuart, Florida
Posts: 93
Default

I have an Rtic and a Yeti. Both are great. I also have a South Jetty that was significantly cheaper than the others and you know what, it works just fine for day fishing in Florida. I don’t need to hold ice for 6 days.
gmcc is offline  
Old 11-11-2019, 05:13 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Southern NJ
Posts: 196
Default

The best are the Yeti 5 gallon buckets. I know you can get 5 gallon buckets for free everywhere but the Yeti ones have rope and they cost $30. If you were to tie your own rope to a free 5 gallon bucket, the other kids at the lunch table would make fun of your bucket so it's totally worth the $30. I have some free 5 gallon buckets that don't even have rope and It's really embarrassing.
maintenanceguy is online now  
Old 11-11-2019, 06:01 AM
  #16  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 26
Default

Get a Yeti 65 its smaller than a Rtic 65. From their websites.
Yeti 65=52lbs of ice/42 cans.
Rtic 65=70lbs of ice/64 cans.

I own Rtic and Yeti...I'll by Rtic from now on.
fishnfool38 is offline  
Old 11-11-2019, 06:07 AM
  #17  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: tallahassee fl
Posts: 129
Default

i have two K2 coolers they have served me very well
Midnight Runner is offline  
Old 11-11-2019, 07:40 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 146
Default

Originally Posted by maintenanceguy View Post
The best are the Yeti 5 gallon buckets. I know you can get 5 gallon buckets for free everywhere but the Yeti ones have rope and they cost $30. If you were to tie your own rope to a free 5 gallon bucket, the other kids at the lunch table would make fun of your bucket so it's totally worth the $30. I have some free 5 gallon buckets that don't even have rope and It's really embarrassing.
...But no stickers on your cheap bucket.
redadele is offline  
Old 11-11-2019, 08:02 AM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,304
Default

Originally Posted by redadele View Post
...But no stickers on your cheap bucket.
And they just look so nice next to the overpriced coolers...

Last edited by BOSBoatMan; 11-11-2019 at 08:13 AM.
BOSBoatMan is offline  
Old 11-11-2019, 08:02 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Southeast Connecticut
Posts: 343
Default

Originally Posted by BOSBoatMan View Post

My opinion is that RTIC is junk. And their customer service is even worse.
What in tarnations could you have called support for....for a cooler? It's not like it's a fancy electronic appliance or a computer! It's a cooler! Kinda like calling customer support for help with a shoelace!

Bob1957 likes this.
YeOldeStonecat is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.