Notices

Pandora for beers?

Old 09-18-2019, 03:20 PM
  #1  
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 893
Received 108 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Pandora for beers?

Does any one know of and use an app that helps find beers that you may like based on beers you already like? Sort of like pandora. You rate a few beers and it tells you other beers you may like.


in tired of paying these huge prices to try new beers to find out they suck.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:05 PM
  #2  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 322
Likes: 0
Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts
Default

Untappd - you can at least check ratings on a beer by real people as well as see what’s close to you.
Old 09-18-2019, 04:07 PM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: SEC Penna
Posts: 8,793
Likes: 0
Received 343 Likes on 207 Posts
Default

Haven't used it but Google machine tells me Brewgene might do what you are looking for. As noted Untappd does too.

Here's one if you like IPAs...Troegs Trail Day
Old 09-18-2019, 04:08 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 660
Received 861 Likes on 468 Posts
Default

https://www.bjcp.org/docs/2015_Guidelines_Beer.pdf
Old 09-19-2019, 05:36 AM
  #5  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 351
Likes: 0
Received 246 Likes on 110 Posts
Default

Untapd. I've logged over 1000 unique beers on the app. I really enjoy finding hole-in-the-wall independent brewers and tap rooms to try their brews.

Anyone who wants to friend me on untapd put "thehulltruth" in the message.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:35 AM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sienna Plantation, TX.
Posts: 2,705
Received 1,426 Likes on 669 Posts
Default

Logic would dictate if you like one IPA, you would probably like another. It's all most people in your region drink anyway.

Logic would also dictate if you don't like Guinness, you probably don't like other stouts.

Logic would dictate that's probably a reason an app like this doesn't exist... No real value.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:40 AM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pompano Beach, FL
Posts: 12,411
Received 2,623 Likes on 1,244 Posts
Default

If you have a Total Wine nearby, they have about 5 hundred "singles" you can buy.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:41 AM
  #8  
Senior MemberPLEDGERPLEDGERCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: ATL & SAV
Posts: 12,271
Likes: 0
Received 1,984 Likes on 979 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by damifino_reg26 View Post
Untapd. I've logged over 1000 unique beers on the app. I really enjoy finding hole-in-the-wall independent brewers and tap rooms to try their brews.

Anyone who wants to friend me on untapd put "thehulltruth" in the message.
lol One of my BILs has over 6000 untappd reviews, another BIL is over 3000. The one with over 6000 reviews is currently in Europe tasting craft beers in Belgium, Prague and Vienna.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:10 AM
  #9  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 351
Likes: 0
Received 246 Likes on 110 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tireless View Post
lol One of my BILs has over 6000 untappd reviews, another BIL is over 3000. The one with over 6000 reviews is currently in Europe tasting craft beers in Belgium, Prague and Vienna.
Old 09-19-2019, 07:11 AM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: buzzards bay,ma.
Posts: 3,802
Received 410 Likes on 229 Posts
Default


Only 600 for me
Old 09-19-2019, 07:25 AM
  #11  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Ft Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 351
Likes: 0
Received 246 Likes on 110 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by popeyeiii View Post
Logic would dictate if you like one IPA, you would probably like another. It's all most people in your region drink anyway.

Logic would also dictate if you don't like Guinness, you probably don't like other stouts.

Logic would dictate that's probably a reason an app like this doesn't exist... No real value.
I couldn't disagree with this more.. It's analogous to saying if you like one red wine, logic dictates that you'll like them all. I will grant you just a little in that if you drink one American light beer you will probably drink the others. But even there they're different.

No logical reason for an app for beer?
Untapd - 3.2 million users would disagree.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.