Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

Ok. So which THT’er ratted me out?

Notices
Like Tree172Likes

Ok. So which THT’er ratted me out?

Old 06-21-2019, 08:54 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,614
Default Ok. So which THT’er ratted me out?

The Heron thread. I lost my shit obviously but gathered myself and ultimately went defensively against this bird. The Heron is fine. I would never harm it. Awesome animal. My pond is bunkered. But. ONE OF YOU dimed me out to Fish and Game. They showed up at our house when we were away. Interesting. So who’s person?

Thank GOD for Arlo.



fjmaverick likes this.
STEELA is offline  
Old 06-21-2019, 09:01 PM
  #2  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Surfside Beach, TX, USA
Posts: 2,474
Default

I can neither confirm nor deny any involvement with the authorities.

This was in New Hampshire? Probably not one of mine
savage is offline  
Old 06-21-2019, 09:06 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Western WA
Posts: 2,047
Default

In many states, they have more authority that police. They can come onto private lands without a warrant...walk right into your kitchen and check the freezer even.
Bugbuster and Lookinup76 like this.
wdlfbio is offline  
Old 06-21-2019, 09:07 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,614
Default

Originally Posted by savage View Post
I can neither confirm nor deny any involvement with the authorities.

This was in New Hampshire? Probably not one of mine
lol thanks mate. I actually would have liked to talk to the Warden to get advise. But we missed him.
STEELA is offline  
Old 06-21-2019, 09:08 PM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Satellite Beach, FL
Posts: 1,424
Default

That's f'd up!!!!! Who was the whiniest bitch on there? Going back there now to review.

Will set up odds and possibly a poll to vote for the most likely narc.
dpdash and Re-Bait like this.
ChrisW21 is online now  
Old 06-21-2019, 09:08 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 286
Default

Originally Posted by wdlfbio View Post
In many states, they have more authority that police. They can come onto private lands without a warrant...walk right into your kitchen and check the freezer even.
they might think that.

if the local sheriff says no? They go pound sand.
Cat-a-holic likes this.
Bront Antwoord is offline  
Old 06-21-2019, 09:11 PM
  #7  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: somewhere over there
Posts: 3,998
Default

Around here, the Sheriff's office will drag one with them if they need it.
nccoaster is offline  
Old 06-21-2019, 09:12 PM
  #8  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Satellite Beach, FL
Posts: 1,424
Default

Wait a minute now......

Seeing your posts on here and knowing your address are two ENTIRELY different things!

Your friends may be your worst enemies. Look within your circle.
ChrisW21 is online now  
Old 06-21-2019, 09:14 PM
  #9  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Rocky Point FL
Posts: 8,436
Default

maybe next time you will pay Big Al his vig on time
r.waddill is offline  
Old 06-21-2019, 09:14 PM
  #10  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Alberta
Posts: 489
Default

Not unless there’s a reward
meritmat is offline  
Old 06-21-2019, 09:19 PM
  #11  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Satellite Beach, FL
Posts: 1,424
Default

So I went thru the thread and there is 1 person from NH who threw a fit and 1 douche from Canada who might be a PETA advocate. I won't out either one, but you all can find them for yourselves in the original thread.

I still don't think it's either one of them unless OP gave them his address at some point in time.

Neither seems smart enough to figure out his address on their own.

My money is on a neighbor.
Chimpo likes this.
ChrisW21 is online now  
Old 06-21-2019, 09:47 PM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 691
Default

Originally Posted by wdlfbio View Post
In many states, they have more authority that police. They can come onto private lands without a warrant...walk right into your kitchen and check the freezer even.
it is not exactly that simple

they need to have "reasonable suspension".....IE to come onto private property they need to have a reasonable idea that hunting or fishing is taking place there.......that standard is extremely low most places......it could be as simple as travel trailers showing up on the property that make them believe it is being leased for hunting.....in a case like that how reasonable that would be and what they did once on the property and what they found could still be called into question

if they came on the property and it was explained that a friend or family member had moved in there temporarily because of a divorce or that friends were just out there riding motocross....no guns or bows or fishing equipment is seen.....and the warden said "OK that is great, but I am just going to go ahead and look around in your barn for a bit and maybe over here in the camp house".....well that evidence he might find (like a stolen tractor in the barn) might get tossed unless he could say exactly why he felt that he needed to look around some more once getting a reasonable explanation of what the travel trailer was there for.....like active feeders going off.....food plots ect.......even then that is not really reasonable that a law is being broken if he had not heard any hunting or shooting and sees no evidence of hunting going on at the time

same with coming to your house to look in the freezer.....he can't just roll up and say "you have a hunting license in the system we need to see how much deer meat you have".....he needs to have a reason to believe that a law has been broken and that standard can be pretty low like the neighbors heard shooting at night and said it was on an area where the know you target shoot.....but even then if you say you were target shooting and he says he thought that was the case and you can show him fresh targets and spent cartridges on the ground right in that area with no sign of blood or processed game anywhere in sight he is very limited in where he can further look.....like specifically in around a processing rack and probably would be over the line asking to go ahead and go in the house and start looking in the freezer

of course most wardens will push that as far as they can if not further, but that does not mean they will not get evidence suppressed if someone has the time and money to fight it

there was some periods and times in Texas recently where in the upper central Texas area the sheriff and game warden were pulling anyone with a UTV on a trailer over late at night to see if they were "stolen"

of course that is not how the law works at all because that is really no different than pulling over cars late at night to see if they are stolen.....but the excuse was "possible hunting activity" because of the season and a UTV.....of course they were pulling people over with no ice chest, no gun rack on the UTV, little or no mud on their trucks and trailers or UTVs, and really nothing that said they were actually remotely hunting.....because owning and using a UTV in no way shape or form specifically implies "hunter" or "engaged in hunting recently"

but of course it was not worth the time and effort and expense of anyone pulled over to fight it so it kept on for a while

as for the OP I would say there is a chance that someone called in on you, but there is even a bigger chance that the fish and game in your state has people that actively monitor this site and all like it for any signs of illegal activity

that is how a lot of actually really "reasonable suspicion" comes to pass......people putting a lot of stupid shit on social media

you also need to remember that there are what 12,000+ registered users on this site (I am sure someone knows for sure) and maybe 2,000 active......but there are about 5 BILLION people that are free to browse this site including all types of law enforcement and all types of "activist" and anyone else

that is always what makes me laugh when someone says something like "no one on this forum would do shit to me"......yea that is probably 1,000% true......but you never have a clue what other lurking dumb ass has in mind for you and believe me those types are the ones to worry about.....generally not anyone actively or even slightly passively participating
Insider is offline  
Old 06-21-2019, 10:04 PM
  #13  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Satellite Beach, FL
Posts: 1,424
Default

Originally Posted by Insider View Post
it is not exactly that simple

they need to have "reasonable suspension".....IE to come onto private property they need to have a reasonable idea that hunting or fishing is taking place there.......that standard is extremely low most places......it could be as simple as travel trailers showing up on the property that make them believe it is being leased for hunting.....in a case like that how reasonable that would be and what they did once on the property and what they found could still be called into question

if they came on the property and it was explained that a friend or family member had moved in there temporarily because of a divorce or that friends were just out there riding motocross....no guns or bows or fishing equipment is seen.....and the warden said "OK that is great, but I am just going to go ahead and look around in your barn for a bit and maybe over here in the camp house".....well that evidence he might find (like a stolen tractor in the barn) might get tossed unless he could say exactly why he felt that he needed to look around some more once getting a reasonable explanation of what the travel trailer was there for.....like active feeders going off.....food plots ect.......even then that is not really reasonable that a law is being broken if he had not heard any hunting or shooting and sees no evidence of hunting going on at the time

same with coming to your house to look in the freezer.....he can't just roll up and say "you have a hunting license in the system we need to see how much deer meat you have".....he needs to have a reason to believe that a law has been broken and that standard can be pretty low like the neighbors heard shooting at night and said it was on an area where the know you target shoot.....but even then if you say you were target shooting and he says he thought that was the case and you can show him fresh targets and spent cartridges on the ground right in that area with no sign of blood or processed game anywhere in sight he is very limited in where he can further look.....like specifically in around a processing rack and probably would be over the line asking to go ahead and go in the house and start looking in the freezer

of course most wardens will push that as far as they can if not further, but that does not mean they will not get evidence suppressed if someone has the time and money to fight it

there was some periods and times in Texas recently where in the upper central Texas area the sheriff and game warden were pulling anyone with a UTV on a trailer over late at night to see if they were "stolen"

of course that is not how the law works at all because that is really no different than pulling over cars late at night to see if they are stolen.....but the excuse was "possible hunting activity" because of the season and a UTV.....of course they were pulling people over with no ice chest, no gun rack on the UTV, little or no mud on their trucks and trailers or UTVs, and really nothing that said they were actually remotely hunting.....because owning and using a UTV in no way shape or form specifically implies "hunter" or "engaged in hunting recently"

but of course it was not worth the time and effort and expense of anyone pulled over to fight it so it kept on for a while

as for the OP I would say there is a chance that someone called in on you, but there is even a bigger chance that the fish and game in your state has people that actively monitor this site and all like it for any signs of illegal activity

that is how a lot of actually really "reasonable suspicion" comes to pass......people putting a lot of stupid shit on social media

you also need to remember that there are what 12,000+ registered users on this site (I am sure someone knows for sure) and maybe 2,000 active......but there are about 5 BILLION people that are free to browse this site including all types of law enforcement and all types of "activist" and anyone else

that is always what makes me laugh when someone says something like "no one on this forum would do shit to me"......yea that is probably 1,000% true......but you never have a clue what other lurking dumb ass has in mind for you and believe me those types are the ones to worry about.....generally not anyone actively or even slightly passively participating
TL;DR

Long story short... if there's even a slight, minuscule, iota of a chance of a second hand talk of an animal being harmed, Fish and Game (state or federal) can f*** your rights and liberties directly in the fanny. DRY.

Tell me where I'm wrong.
johnboy114, ladyjane and Flybull like this.

Last edited by THT Mod 7; 06-22-2019 at 05:56 AM. Reason: profanity deleted
ChrisW21 is online now  
Old 06-21-2019, 10:09 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Gulf Coast, MS
Posts: 1,281
Default

Originally Posted by STEELA View Post
The Heron thread. I lost my shit obviously but gathered myself and ultimately went defensively against this bird. The Heron is fine. I would never harm it. Awesome animal. My pond is bunkered. But. ONE OF YOU dimed me out to Fish and Game. They showed up at our house when we were away. Interesting. So who’s person?

Thank GOD for Arlo.



Prolly Ace Ventura.

.
Sea Daddy is offline  
Old 06-21-2019, 10:15 PM
  #15  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Satellite Beach, FL
Posts: 1,424
Default

Can you do a trespassing notice on a LEO?

If they were there then they need to tell you why.

They don't need to tell you WHO gave you up, but they need to at least let you know WHY they encroached on your property.
Bront Antwoord and WeeKilt like this.
ChrisW21 is online now  
Old 06-22-2019, 12:05 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,881
Default

Originally Posted by wdlfbio View Post
In many states, they have more authority that police. They can come onto private lands without a warrant...walk right into your kitchen and check the freezer even.
No they cant. That is some of the dumbest bullshit that has ever been spread around. Any and all Law Enforcement Officers including all wildlife officers regardless of what state you live in, are bound by the fourth amendment. They still have to abide by probable cause and can not just come on your property or in your house for no reason whatsoever. There are (exigent) circumstances where a LEO may enter private property or a residence with out a warrant, such as saving life or limb or imminent destruction of evidence, but they are no different for police, wildlife officers or federal agents. They still need probable cause that a crime has been committed to stop you. In the case of wildlife officers they need probable cause that you have been involved in taking fish or game legally or illegally to come on your property t9 even check let alone enter your residence. They cant just drive down the road and say " well you live in the country you must hunt, we're gonna check your freezer".
nautiduck is offline  
Old 06-22-2019, 12:15 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,881
Default

Originally Posted by STEELA View Post
The Heron thread. I lost my shit obviously but gathered myself and ultimately went defensively against this bird. The Heron is fine. I would never harm it. Awesome animal. My pond is bunkered. But. ONE OF YOU dimed me out to Fish and Game. They showed up at our house when we were away. Interesting. So who’s person?

Thank GOD for Arlo.




Chances are it was one of your neighbors. Can the neighbors see the bird from their property? Or was the bird maybe on their property as well? Was it it injured or just somewhere where they normally arent? Very little chance a wildlife officer is going to try and track you down just from a picture of a bird on the internet.

I would certainly be calling the station and asking why one of their officers was trespassing in your backyard.
rainmaker and Cat-a-holic like this.

Last edited by nautiduck; 06-22-2019 at 07:31 AM.
nautiduck is offline  
Old 06-22-2019, 04:08 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 171
Default

Happened to me on here a couple of years ago. I was trapping a groundhog who was living under a portion of my house. Since I live on a tidal river and have a 150 ft dock I posed the question "does anyone on here know if groundhogs can swim"? A couple of weeks later I received a letter from PETA with a warning about drowning an animal.
Machartercaptain is offline  
Old 06-22-2019, 04:24 AM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bright Side of the Moon
Posts: 3,508
Default

Ruh roh I hope squirrels and rabbits aren't protected or of a concern....................
Mine Now is offline  
Old 06-22-2019, 04:31 AM
  #20  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nashville, 'Merica!
Posts: 1,560
Default

Wow. That turkey murdering truck driver is gonna be facing 5 to 10 after the THT narc is finished with him.

dpdash and RhodyFirsh401 like this.
Marlin308 is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread