Go Back  The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum > BOATING FORUMS > Dockside Chat
Reload this Page >

I found a doctor for my wife and I! First visit since Obamacare. I have questions.

Notices
Like Tree71Likes

I found a doctor for my wife and I! First visit since Obamacare. I have questions.

Old 05-17-2019, 09:59 AM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 16,802
Question I found a doctor for my wife and I! First visit since Obamacare. I have questions.

So... since Barrack Hussein Obama created Obamacare, I haven't been able to find a decent doctor. I finally dug and dug and I think I found one. Great staff... doctor checks out pretty well, found some people that also go to him... all A+.

I called yesterday (5/16) and spoke with the office. I was told the first visit for "new patients" is the end of September. I asked if there was anything at all sooner... I also asked if there was a chance that a sooner date could open -- I could be there at a moments notice. The lady was very nice and said no to all of that. But she was very kind, polite, and answered my other questions 100%.

Is this simply the new way of things? 4+ months to get a check-up with you want an MD with some kind of decent medical school, internist, etc.? If I wanted a D.O. or someone who had their license suspended in the past, I could have a visit today.

Thanks,
Pete
OldPete is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 10:13 AM
  #2  
Senior Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bayville, NJ
Posts: 1,427
Default

Originally Posted by OldPete View Post
So... since Barrack Hussein Obama created Obamacare, I haven't been able to find a decent doctor. I finally dug and dug and I think I found one. Great staff... doctor checks out pretty well, found some people that also go to him... all A+.

I called yesterday (5/16) and spoke with the office. I was told the first visit for "new patients" is the end of September. I asked if there was anything at all sooner... I also asked if there was a chance that a sooner date could open -- I could be there at a moments notice. The lady was very nice and said no to all of that. But she was very kind, polite, and answered my other questions 100%.

Is this simply the new way of things? 4+ months to get a check-up with you want an MD with some kind of decent medical school, internist, etc.? If I wanted a D.O. or someone who had their license suspended in the past, I could have a visit today.

Thanks,
Pete
No politics. You should no better Pete.
r_ventura_23 is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 10:15 AM
  #3  
Senior MemberCaptains Club MemberPLEDGER
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SC
Posts: 10,424
Default

Originally Posted by r_ventura_23 View Post
No politics. You should no better Pete.
***know***

KJS, clamc, Fish'nFool and 7 others like this.
autobaun70 is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 10:23 AM
  #4  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 4,939
Default

problem is your a new patient to them and there schedule is set up for repeat pt and a couple of new ones every day in order to maintain volume. sounds like all the new patient slots are booked until then. once your an established patient then there will be more availability.

new pt they know nothing about you, and there is alot of paper work and data entry

established pt, that has already been done on the first visit, makes it alot easier!
OldPete and Mark Y like this.
Rolandt03 is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 10:24 AM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,245
Default

You could probably get in to see a PA quicker. Then you will be an existing patient, and more time slots will be open. Most doctors only reserve a small portion of their week for new patients, allowing existing patients to get in when they have a medical issue.
Mark Y likes this.
Sprockets is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 10:26 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
oceanelectric1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: FloriDuh
Posts: 3,311
Default

Thank good old Obama.
My friend is going through the same crap
.I am paying up the ass and did not want to take a chance and change to O care.
Im sure I could save a bunch.
oceanelectric1 is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 10:27 AM
  #7  
Senior Member Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bayville, NJ
Posts: 1,427
Default

Originally Posted by autobaun70 View Post
***know***
wHAT iS uP wIF tHE gREMMER pOLIC oN tHIS sIGHT?
CptBlackMask likes this.
r_ventura_23 is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 10:27 AM
  #8  
Admirals Club
THT sponsor
 
williamwallus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: SWFL, Midwest
Posts: 3,240
Default

Last time I was tried it was 3+ months for any apt at all. I gave up.
williamwallus is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 10:28 AM
  #9  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 1,885
Default

Originally Posted by oceanelectric1 View Post
Thank good old Obama.
My friend is going through the same crap
.I am paying up the ass and did not want to take a chance and change to O care.
Im sure I could save a bunch.
Change to Obamacare? What on earth do you mean by that?
jj1987 is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 10:31 AM
  #10  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 4,939
Default

Originally Posted by oceanelectric1 View Post
Thank good old Obama.
My friend is going through the same crap
.I am paying up the ass and did not want to take a chance and change to O care.
Im sure I could save a bunch.
your going to pay one way or the other!
Rolandt03 is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 10:34 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
oceanelectric1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: FloriDuh
Posts: 3,311
Default

I would rather pay up the ass than have to wait in the hall while they wait for the flies to land on me.
oceanelectric1 is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 10:37 AM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boca Raton
Posts: 192
Default

The problem is a growing shortage of doctors, not Obamacare. In South Florida, the shortage seems particularly acute and doctors appoints were difficult to get. Four years ago, I joined MDVIP for $2,000 a year, but now I can get in to see my doctor the same day if necessary. Regular appoints are scheduled for a couple of days after I call.
Bernie1951 is online now  
Old 05-17-2019, 10:51 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
oceanelectric1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: FloriDuh
Posts: 3,311
Default

Originally Posted by Bernie1951 View Post
The problem is a growing shortage of doctors, not Obamacare. In South Florida, the shortage seems particularly acute and doctors appoints were difficult to get. Four years ago, I joined MDVIP for $2,000 a year, but now I can get in to see my doctor the same day if necessary. Regular appoints are scheduled for a couple of days after I call.
Is that an supplimental ins. or replacement?
oceanelectric1 is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 10:56 AM
  #14  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,214
Default

Originally Posted by oceanelectric1 View Post
Is that an supplimental ins. or replacement?
No insurance involved.
Gary999 is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 11:04 AM
  #15  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boca Raton
Posts: 192
Default

Originally Posted by oceanelectric1 View Post
Is that an supplimental ins. or replacement?
Neither, it just allows me to see the doctor when I need to with no waiting. When I go, the longest I sit in the waiting room is five minutes. It actually a convenient solution to waiting for a month, then sitting in the Dr office for an hour before being seen. MDVIP limits the doctor to 600 patients.

Plus I get my Dr. Cell phone number and can call him anytime he is not in the office.
Bernie1951 is online now  
Old 05-17-2019, 11:05 AM
  #16  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: South FL
Posts: 3,111
Default

Before Obamacare to see Specialists was 2-3 mo wait time....no different than now.

Iím on company provided insurance and itís no different. As I understand it, the really good doctors donít take obamacare patients.

A lot of Dr did retire after Obamacare because they didnít want to deal with it, so there is a shortage, specially in SFL.

oceanelectric1 likes this.
JoseG is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 11:09 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
oceanelectric1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: FloriDuh
Posts: 3,311
Default

Originally Posted by Gary999 View Post
No insurance involved.
Originally Posted by Bernie1951 View Post
Neither, it just allows me to see the doctor when I need to with no waiting. When I go, the longest I sit in the waiting room is five minutes. It actually a convenient solution to waiting for a month, then sitting in the Dr office for an hour before being seen. MDVIP limits the doctor to 600 patients.

Plus I get my Dr. Cell phone number and can call him anytime he is not in the office.
Thanks Ill look into that.
oceanelectric1 is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 11:09 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pismo Beach, Ca.
Posts: 3,836
Default

Originally Posted by Sprockets View Post
You could probably get in to see a PA quicker. Then you will be an existing patient, and more time slots will be open. Most doctors only reserve a small portion of their week for new patients, allowing existing patients to get in when they have a medical issue.
And with that being said, some of the PA's are pretty amazing. Very well educated with almost if not more than some of the "MD's" and I found out in my case that the vast majority of them took their time, were understanding/compassionate and if was out of their qualifications they would immediately refer me to a MD, specialist, etc. My ex-wife is a RN and Administrator of a large Kaiser Permanente in So Cal, she took the the time to find the best qualified for *me*, (I've had a # of medical issues over the yrs) set me up with an awesome PA when she could of just as easily set me up with a MD and gotten me in just as quickly due to her position, so don't rule out a PA.. Also, call back and ask them if there are any cancellations to please put you on the call in sheet to be notified to take the other patients cancellation. Trust me, there will be A LOT of cancellations before Sept. Good luck, Hope it all works out.
forgot likes this.
Mark Y is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 11:16 AM
  #19  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
spraynet 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Sanford, FL
Posts: 7,222
Default

Originally Posted by r_ventura_23 View Post
wHAT iS uP wIF tHE gREMMER pOLIC oN tHIS sIGHT?

Your schooling someone about rules, there are english rules as well. Just saying!
MattGoose likes this.
spraynet 1 is offline  
Old 05-17-2019, 11:18 AM
  #20  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: South Central Ohio
Posts: 529
Default

I'm no fan of Obama, but pointing out he has the same middle name as a horrible dictator is so silly.

I have the same middle name as an NFL kicker. Does that make me good at football?
dpdash, bigjohnnc and MattGoose like this.
lugoismad is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread