Notices

Wtb nc scfl

Old 11-09-2019, 07:30 AM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Atlantic Beach, NC
Posts: 622
Received 145 Likes on 68 Posts
Default Wtb nc scfl

Title pretty much says it. Looking to buy state commercial fishing license. $1500 cash in hand no shellfish endorsement needed. In Atlantic Beach, NC. PM me
Old 11-09-2019, 07:05 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: NC coastal
Posts: 163
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

No offense but heard they going for alot more as you can't get them anymore. That being said my dad gave his away that he had for over 30 years. Mom was very made he did that.
Old 11-09-2019, 07:17 PM
  #3  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Atlantic Beach, NC
Posts: 622
Received 145 Likes on 68 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Lennync View Post
No offense but heard they going for alot more as you can't get them anymore. That being said my dad gave his away that he had for over 30 years. Mom was very made he did that.
No offense taken. Usually around June when people have to renew and spend $400 they tend to go for cheaper. When commercial flounder season closes (15th) and doesn't have a reopening date weíll see as well. Iím already running a commercial for hire operation just figured itíd be nice to have
Old 11-11-2019, 04:55 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,285
Received 1,654 Likes on 899 Posts
Default

I've never seen one listed for less than $2500. Course that doesn't necessarily they go for that much. And nowadays they are enforcing the rules on who can buy one, from what I hear.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:01 AM
  #5  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chapel Hill and PKS, North Carolina
Posts: 7,123
Received 350 Likes on 210 Posts
Default

I have seen plenty for $1500-$1800 on CL in the past few years. The question is, will DMF do the transfer? Another question is, do the same qualifications apply to a lease as to a sale?
Old 11-16-2019, 09:02 PM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Atlantic Beach, NC
Posts: 622
Received 145 Likes on 68 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by glacierbaze View Post
I have seen plenty for $1500-$1800 on CL in the past few years. The question is, will DMF do the transfer? Another question is, do the same qualifications apply to a lease as to a sale?
Iíve leased one in the past and they donít. Yes theyíll do the transfer still
Old 11-18-2019, 11:57 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Wanchese, NC
Posts: 263
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by CapeFisher85 View Post


Iíve leased one in the past and they donít. Yes theyíll do the transfer still
You sure about the transfer? i thought now it had to either be to a direct family or sold with a boat.
Old 11-20-2019, 03:44 PM
  #8  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 1,723
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts
Default

No requirements to buy one from a license holder, we tried for 5 years to change that to no avail while I was on the MFC. You can also still apply via the SCFL (Standard Commercial Fishing License) pool and pay $400 for a license if you meet some pretty minimum requirements.
Old 11-21-2019, 05:39 PM
  #9  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Atlantic Beach, NC
Posts: 622
Received 145 Likes on 68 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CaptGorges View Post
No requirements to buy one from a license holder, we tried for 5 years to change that to no avail while I was on the MFC. You can also still apply via the SCFL (Standard Commercial Fishing License) pool and pay $400 for a license if you meet some pretty minimum requirements.
Iíve had a few different people offer me theirs for what Iím looking for. Really now comes down to if I wanna buck up for the actual permits. Was thinking of leasing snapper grouper but now Iím shifting away from it. Dying industry it is with little to make in the end once you cover all the costs

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.