Notices

Saturday?

Old 10-18-2019, 05:37 AM
  #1  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Clayton, NC
Posts: 49
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Saturday?

Will probably make the call later this afternoon as the window keeps changing and its an east wind, but looking doable Saturday. May just have to bring it in early.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:46 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kill Devil Hills
Posts: 856
Received 171 Likes on 109 Posts
Default

I'm going out of OI.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:55 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,532
Received 511 Likes on 323 Posts
Default

Just got in. I wouldn’t trust the forecast. Weather channel says the wind is nnw at oak island. It’s ssw and about 10 mph. There is a swell growing and clouds already rolling in. Weather channel also says nw tonight. No way. Not with it already that strong out of the ssw. Theyhave it changing to sse mid morning but like I said, it’s already sw . Front is definitely ahead of schedule. Gale of up to 40 mph expected at an unknown time. I’m going up to swansboro to see what they bring in for the 5/0 tournament. May try to get a pompano off the beach. Boat is staying dry this weekend.

I hope you can get out and have great luck. Just wanted to give you real info.
Old 10-23-2019, 07:46 AM
  #4  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Clayton, NC
Posts: 49
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Default

Went out Sat with thoughts on 23 mile rock as there was a good temp break. Fishweather had it 2ft@9 till later that day but it was more like 2-3ft at 6. Stopped short to check out Schoolhouse and ended up staying, plenty of bait and 72F water. Drones, plugs and ballyhoo brought 3 short strikes on the ballyhoo and one solid hookup that came unbuttoned on a Nomad diver. Started building around 12pm so brought it in and tried the inlet and beach. All the spanish you wanted but no Kings.

Anyone else push out to the 23 rock range? Would love to hear how that temp break played out
Old 10-23-2019, 08:44 AM
  #5  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: North Carolina !
Posts: 1,025
Received 502 Likes on 226 Posts
Default

I read hat a weatherman will admit that even they usually can't tell 2 days ahead of time?
Old 10-24-2019, 01:32 PM
  #6  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 65
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Heading out to 23 mile rock tomorrow anyone else?
Old 10-24-2019, 08:25 PM
  #7  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Fuquay-Varina / Salvo, NC
Posts: 1,036
Received 125 Likes on 85 Posts
Default

Planning on fishing out of OI or HI Saturday if the weather holds.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:37 PM
  #8  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 65
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Went today, two kings. Pushing for 23 rock but the seas were rough only made it 10 miles off.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.