Notices
Like Tree222Likes

The Big Rock

Old 06-15-2019, 09:20 PM
  #481  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Somewhere NC
Posts: 8,136
Default

Has there ever been a grander weighed?
cfarmd is offline  
Old 06-15-2019, 10:21 PM
  #482  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 173
Default

Originally Posted by nb1214 View Post
Ill be surprised if someone doesnt protest, that fish is mutilated by definition, i recall a few years back a fish being DQ'd in one of the maryland tournaments due to being torn up
Originally Posted by N2theblue View Post


The WMO fish got hit by a prop during the fight, IIRC. Different situation.

Hell of a fish.
Was not DQ’d I don’t believe, if you’re talking about the blue I think in the WMO. If I remember right they had pics of landing it whole, tail pulled off on the way in. Could only fit the tail in the door. They had a hell of a time getting it on the dock to weigh in. Could be wrong, just going by memory being there.
SDS97_7.3 is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 03:07 AM
  #483  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 1,274
Default

What a monster fish. Congratulations to the fisherman and the crew. Did anyone say about where it was caught?
Fish_DOut is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 03:59 AM
  #484  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 12,726
Default

Awesome event.
Ken T likes this.
ubettcha13 is online now  
Old 06-16-2019, 04:30 AM
  #485  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 442
Default

Originally Posted by Fish_DOut View Post
What a monster fish. Congratulations to the fisherman and the crew. Did anyone say about where it was caught?
Some friends on another boat fishing the same area said all 3 were up North. They had started about the 270 line and fished south.
kicker30 is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 04:32 AM
  #486  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Fuquay Varnia, NC Beaufort NC
Posts: 1,924
Default

As usual, the Big Rock Website is almost useless. The facebook page is not much better. Information that most would want to know is not available.
baitdragger and Jon A Mason like this.
SeaNile Boater is online now  
Old 06-16-2019, 04:35 AM
  #487  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Greenville/MHC, NC
Posts: 2,611
Default

I got this from Chasin Tail's web site. Almost wonder how the boats get to the scales.



aFORDable is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 04:54 AM
  #488  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 330
Default

Originally Posted by SeaNile Boater View Post
As usual, the Big Rock Website is almost useless. The facebook page is not much better. Information that most would want to know is not available.
what information is that?
nb1214 is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 04:59 AM
  #489  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 52
Default

remember a few years ago that one boat caught a 950+ pounder and got disqualified because they were calling around trying to get a fishing license for one of their crew on the way in to the dock. 948 rings a bell, that may have been what it was.
Jon A Mason is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 05:02 AM
  #490  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 97
Default

Originally Posted by Jon A Mason View Post
remember a few years ago that one boat caught a 950+ pounder and got disqualified because they were calling around trying to get a fishing license for one of their crew on the way in to the dock. 948 rings a bell, that may have been what it was.
i would of kicked the person off the boat and had them swim home. Lol
jsm1977 is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 05:03 AM
  #491  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 97
Default

Originally Posted by cfarmd View Post
Has there ever been a grander weighed?
Yesterday’s fish was a new tournament record.

https://www.wnct.com/sports/new-reco...ght/2079448873
jsm1977 is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 05:07 AM
  #492  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 179
Default

Originally Posted by kicker30 View Post
Some friends on another boat fishing the same area said all 3 were up North. They had started about the 270 line and fished south.
The captain actually said in the interview at the scale that they hooked the fish in 110-120 fathoms (as best I remember) and further south....seems like he said in the high 500s somewhere.
Bigwayne17 is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 05:09 AM
  #493  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Fuquay Varnia, NC Beaufort NC
Posts: 1,924
Default

Originally Posted by nb1214 View Post


what information is that?
Details of yesterday's action, information on the Top Dog and the beating the Marlin took. The local TV stations had more information on yesterday's exciting ending than the web page.
For a few hours the splash page was about 2018 winner. I am sure that was a mistake too.
SeaNile Boater is online now  
Old 06-16-2019, 05:14 AM
  #494  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 12,726
Default

Originally Posted by Bigwayne17 View Post


The captain actually said in the interview at the scale that they hooked the fish in 110-120 fathoms (as best I remember) and further south....seems like he said in the high 500s somewhere.
I heard the same thing and others confirmed it via txt last night. Had they been up north they never would have made that run in 2 hrs
ubettcha13 is online now  
Old 06-16-2019, 05:19 AM
  #495  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Smyrna, North Carolina
Posts: 844
Default

Originally Posted by aFORDable View Post
I got this from Chasin Tail's web site. Almost wonder how the boats get to the scales.


Bob and weave lol
jsm1977 and aFORDable like this.
redjonesbrother is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 05:27 AM
  #496  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 97
Default

Originally Posted by redjonesbrother View Post


Bob and weave lol


jsm1977 is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 05:36 AM
  #497  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Fish'nFool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Anywhere but here...
Posts: 24,719
Default

Is this the biggest marlin caught in the BR?
Fish'nFool is online now  
Old 06-16-2019, 05:55 AM
  #498  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 46
Default

Originally Posted by ubettcha13 View Post
I heard the same thing and others confirmed it via txt last night. Had they been up north they never would have made that run in 2 hrs
yeah if I recall right he stated they went up pass big rock and then came back down until he got the same water temperature they had caught previous fish at.
SailMeeting is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 06:08 AM
  #499  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,204
Default

Originally Posted by Fish'nFool View Post
Is this the biggest marlin caught in the BR?
Yes, it is a tournament record.
20biminitwist is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 06:18 AM
  #500  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 52
Default

Originally Posted by jsm1977 View Post


i would of kicked the person off the boat and had them swim home. Lol
Right lol. If he wasnt calling to shore he probably never would have been caught. Just have the guy hangout in the boats cabin for a while at the dock Haha. In not making this shit up though. It was bigger than 914 but they got disqualified over something so foolish. Happened 5 years ago give or take.
Jon A Mason is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread