Notices

Todays Report

Old 04-23-2019, 06:47 PM
  #1  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Beaufort North Carolina
Posts: 4,636
Received 1,266 Likes on 580 Posts
Default Todays Report

I got skunked , fished every inch of The Rock....twice and couldn't buy a bite, had a bunch of confirmed grass knock downs , how did everybody else do?
Old 04-23-2019, 07:39 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Cape May NJ/Chocowinity NC
Posts: 196
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default

2 for 3 on dolphin at the rise. Covered alot of ground to get those bites. And the ocean seems to have more grass than my lawn. It would have been easier to drag bait across my lawn. It was a pain today.
Old 04-24-2019, 05:04 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,702
Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts
Default

Get ready for a grassy season.....more grass from the Bahamas to FL than I’ve seen since 2015
Likes:
Old 04-24-2019, 05:52 AM
  #4  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

We caught 3 wahoo lost 2 at the boat and had several short strikes / knockdowns. For my limited experience, it was the best wahoo bite I’ve ever experienced. Left out of Bogue, first trip after repower and new electronics so spent awhile trying to dial that stuff in. Started around devils hole and worked up to Swansboro hole. Worked a nice ridge, that has to be named but I don’t know the name of it, around devils that had the most action. Picked up around 10:30 to head to SH and found a nice rip with clean water. Boated our 3rd before we had the whole spread set. Decided to prospect the afternoon.



Old 04-24-2019, 05:57 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 156
Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by gregorymacc View Post
It would have been easier to drag bait across my lawn. It was a pain today.
Aghh.. You guys aren't getting me excited just yet! Thanks for the report.
Old 04-24-2019, 07:01 AM
  #6  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 171
Received 55 Likes on 26 Posts
Default

Thanks for all the reports. I was really expecting that there would have been a lot of action on the temperature breaks. With reports like this, I'll be saving gas and looking for calmer seas.
Old 04-24-2019, 09:47 AM
  #7  
Senior MemberCaptains Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sneads Ferry / Raleigh NC
Posts: 383
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

I was fishing a few miles out of the new river inlet hoping to snag a few bonito. Nothing but a few blues. Weather was nice though.
Old 04-24-2019, 10:23 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 331
Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts
Default

Thanks for the reports!! ZackG30 how was Bogue Inlet?

Last edited by tgrady; 04-24-2019 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Question
Old 04-24-2019, 10:59 AM
  #9  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Merritt, NC
Posts: 47
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default

We did the same thing. Fished all over big rock with no love. Had a buddy fishing the same area that had one dolphin. Then we fought strong current bottom fishing. It was a tuff day
Old 04-24-2019, 11:28 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Onslow County, NC
Posts: 407
Received 96 Likes on 61 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by tgrady View Post
Thanks for the reports!! ZackG30 how was Bogue Inlet?
I ran out of Bogue Inlet yesterday and it is still in very good shape. Numerous buoys are off station though.
Old 04-24-2019, 12:55 PM
  #11  
Admirals ClubCaptains Club Member Admiral's Club Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Beaufort North Carolina
Posts: 4,636
Received 1,266 Likes on 580 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ZackG30 View Post
We caught 3 wahoo lost 2 at the boat and had several short strikes / knockdowns. For my limited experience, it was the best wahoo bite I’ve ever experienced. Left out of Bogue, first trip after repower and new electronics so spent awhile trying to dial that stuff in. Started around devils hole and worked up to Swansboro hole. Worked a nice ridge, that has to be named but I don’t know the name of it, around devils that had the most action. Picked up around 10:30 to head to SH and found a nice rip with clean water. Boated our 3rd before we had the whole spread set. Decided to prospect the afternoon.



Glad you guys found them, thanks for the report. I just talked to one of the charter Captains and he fished way down in the low 300s and did well also.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:04 PM
  #12  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Somewhere NC
Posts: 8,833
Received 695 Likes on 390 Posts
Default

cousin and crew went, I think BR area. 2 albies and a king...slow
Old 04-24-2019, 01:48 PM
  #13  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Snow Hill NC
Posts: 472
Likes: 0
Received 64 Likes on 20 Posts
Default

1 Wahoo, 1 tuna and a King. All at south end of Big Rock very slow day.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:19 PM
  #14  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Atlantic Beach, NC
Posts: 729
Received 188 Likes on 90 Posts
Default

Also got skunked Tuesday, was fishing on the Bare Bones. Pelagic caught 16 wahoo today.. by 11:15am. The bite seems to be picking up. Finding bait seems to be the key to finding fish, but what else is new. Waiting on May 1st to go deep dropping, time for grouper fishing.
Old 04-25-2019, 08:53 PM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 10,420
Received 1,747 Likes on 944 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by CapeFisher85 View Post
Also got skunked Tuesday, was fishing on the Bare Bones. Pelagic caught 16 wahoo today.. by 11:15am. The bite seems to be picking up. Finding bait seems to be the key to finding fish, but what else is new. Waiting on May 1st to go deep dropping, time for grouper fishing.
Capt Mike Webb is pretty damn good
Old 04-26-2019, 03:09 AM
  #16  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Elizabeth City NC
Posts: 94
Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Default

3 Yellowfin and 1 skipjack. Out of Oregon Inlet.
Old 04-26-2019, 03:10 AM
  #17  
Admirals Club Admiral's Club Member
THT sponsor
 
triumphrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Masaryktown, Fl
Posts: 18,954
Received 4,740 Likes on 2,100 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Ken T View Post
I got skunked , fished every inch of The Rock....twice and couldn't buy a bite, had a bunch of confirmed grass knock downs , how did everybody else do?

"Every day offshore is a Good Day, It's a Great Day if you return in the same boat you left in, especially if your not hooked to Sea Tow. KLT"



Old 04-26-2019, 06:41 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Eastern NC
Posts: 1,401
Received 340 Likes on 229 Posts
Default

Thank you all for the reports.
Hope I will be out there soon. Needing the wind and day off to cooperate.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.