The Hull Truth - Boating and Fishing Forum

Go Back   >
Search


Like Tree2Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-27-2017, 11:13 PM   #21
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 52
Default

Still looking...
seannoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 09:49 PM   #22
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 52
Default

And.... still looking. Some good boats out there just haven't found the one yet. Anyone looking at selling? Dorado 23 is what I'm leaning towards. Would like to find one 2011 or newer. With the new deck layout and console.
seannoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:09 PM   #23
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tarpon Springs
Posts: 2,550
Default

Hope you find what your looking for. I love the style boat you're looking for. We actually used the west coast hybrid as a model for our restoration
76 Mako 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:18 PM   #24
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 763
Default

Somebody had a d23 with a f300 listed on here at 47k
Seemed like a good deal without seeing /knowing the boat
mgrandu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 08:58 PM   #25
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrandu1 View Post
Somebody had a d23 with a f300 listed on here at 47k
Seemed like a good deal without seeing /knowing the boat

I spoke to him - good boat and motor was great, but the hull was a 2001. I'm hoping to get into something with the newer deck layout.
seannoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:26 PM   #26
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 52
Default

Still at it....I've looked at a few boats but haven't found it. Dorado 23, sheaffer 24, Aeon 23, Sabalo 23, cuda 23. Tower or no tower. Also willing to look at a boat that needs a repower or even a overhaul.

Anybody who has one and is thinking about selling or has a buddy who you know should sell because their boat sits all year and never gets used give me a call or send me a text. Ready to pull the trigger for the right boat. 727-608-3485
seannoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:48 PM   #27
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 40
Default

Sean, I have a 2013 26 Tarpon that's about to go on the market. It's loaded out... 2 live wells, upper station, full dodger with screens, eTec 300hp 510 hrs two years of warranty left, rear shade, power pole, etc, etc...

New it would list out at $140K, pm me for a price if your interested. Boat has always been stored indoors and is like new.
Kiltlifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:35 PM   #28
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltlifter View Post
Sean, I have a 2013 26 Tarpon that's about to go on the market. It's loaded out... 2 live wells, upper station, full dodger with screens, eTec 300hp 510 hrs two years of warranty left, rear shade, power pole, etc, etc...

New it would list out at $140K, pm me for a price if your interested. Boat has always been stored indoors and is like new.

Thanks Sent you a PM
seannoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:04 PM   #29
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 19
Default Hanson

I'm seeing alot of these now in the Sanibel area. I think they are made near Tampa. I have seen the 23 on craigslist new for under 60K with tower and upper station. Brand new and custom built in you budget with full engine warranty. Might be worth a look. I have no connection with Trevor and I have never been on one but they really look sweet.
Agg A Salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:34 PM   #30
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 464
Default

There is a rebuilt 24 privateer that saw on Facebook in Tampa. Supposedly gause rebuilt it. FYI. Guy was asking like 35k f250 2008 with 100hrs or something.
Icatcher22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 11:46 AM   #31
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icatcher22 View Post
There is a rebuilt 24 privateer that saw on Facebook in Tampa. Supposedly gause rebuilt it. FYI. Guy was asking like 35k f250 2008 with 100hrs or something.
I spoke with that guy. I think I've narrowed my search. Going to stick with a newer build dorado, or aeon, etc. I don't know a ton about the privateers but I do know they're a good hull.
seannoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 09:15 PM   #32
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agg A Salt View Post
I'm seeing alot of these now in the Sanibel area. I think they are made near Tampa. I have seen the 23 on craigslist new for under 60K with tower and upper station. Brand new and custom built in you budget with full engine warranty. Might be worth a look. I have no connection with Trevor and I have never been on one but they really look sweet.
Hey thanks. I haven't been on one either but I've heard good and bad. I see a couple available out there now. I may take a look.
seannoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:18 PM   #33
Admirals Club
THT sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: St. Petersburg, FL 33707
Posts: 1,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seannoll View Post
I spoke with that guy. I think I've narrowed my search. Going to stick with a newer build dorado, or aeon, etc. I don't know a ton about the privateers but I do know they're a good hull.
Decent boats but there are better ones out there. Best 24' bay boat w enclosed transom is the canyon bay 2400 hands down. Ive owned several bay boats in this class including a CB2400. Owners are good fellas and they make a heck of a boat.
Roosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 08:04 PM   #34
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosty View Post
Decent boats but there are better ones out there. Best 24' bay boat w enclosed transom is the canyon bay 2400 hands down. Ive owned several bay boats in this class including a CB2400. Owners are good fellas and they make a heck of a boat.
Toss up! Sheaffer 24 is a damn well built boat!! But I will agree with you the Canyon Bay 24 is very nice. I'll throw that onto my list that I'm looking for now.
seannoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 10:05 AM   #35
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 19
Default Action craft 24 ace

Just saw this boat at the Fort Myers boat show and fell in love. Wow, what a tank. $80K is out of my reach but I was blown away.
Agg A Salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 01:09 PM   #36
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: St. Pete, FL
Posts: 263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agg A Salt View Post
Just saw this boat at the Fort Myers boat show and fell in love. Wow, what a tank. $80K is out of my reach but I was blown away.
24 Ace is a great boat. I have the 21 and I love it.

My 21 rides more like a 23.. I have heard nothing but good things about the 24.. if there was a good one with a tower available when I was looking I would have bought it.
flatwater17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:35 PM   #37
Admirals Club
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 52
Default Sale fell through

I had a boat ready to purchase and the buyer decided to keep his dorado. So....I'm back at it again. What's out there??! Thanks!
seannoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:42 AM   #38
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 253
Default Dorado 23

Here you go 37k
Attached Images
 
kyle19kenyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 02:11 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Myers/Englewood
Posts: 599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19kenyon View Post
Here you go 37k
I'd jump on that!
GitchaPull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 07:52 AM   #40
Admirals Club
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 357
Default

Pretty sure this is the 3rd or 4th iteration of the potential sale of the same boat. First time with F250, Second with F250 and twin PP', Third with F300, and now no tower and an Optimax. GLWS.
GatorDebaitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:01 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
©2009 TheHullTruth.com

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.9.3.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.